Audio bug that appeared in the DEV branch (Stable branch not affected) for a week or two before 1.16 was released.

Repro

1) place a vehicle

2) Enter graphics options

3) Exit the menu

You will notice that the sound volume of the vehicle's engine will increase considerably.

Edited by Danil-ch

It is related to real-time cleaning up of reverberation on source samples. It's currently not used, but added in the engine as preparation for audio features we're investigating for DLC (meaning Arma 3 generally since it's an engine technology and we will not branch the platform in that way).

Sounds interesting DNA, thanks for the reply, I'm hoping its got something to do with adding sound occlusion to the game. Also could you take a look at the bug in my signature, its been a long time there in the tracker.

Keep up the good work!

I see serious problems in MP on the dev branch versus the stable in regards to non-local objects.

The position of non-local objects is uncertain, and sometimes updates the object to be many meters from its last location.

The position of non-local vehicles is often uncertain, resulting in vehicles frozen in the air where they are not really at (seemingly with physics disabled, as they 'hover' until you get in)

Both of these are observed with lots of vehicles/units in the game. I tried a configuration of different machines on a healthy gigabit network. the same mission between the current stable and yesterday's dev branch (have seen the problem for a few patches now)

I haven't seen anyone really talking about this, so I don't know if it is something wrong locally, or if it just doesn't show up on altis life servers so nobody else has noticed it (JOKING!)

Another audio bug: no breathing sounds when fatigued.

Another audio bug: no breathing sounds when fatigued.

Sounds like a blessing. Should be adjustable to set them off...

I see serious problems in MP on the dev branch versus the stable in regards to non-local objects.

The position of non-local objects is uncertain, and sometimes updates the object to be many meters from its last location.

The position of non-local vehicles is often uncertain, resulting in vehicles frozen in the air where they are not really at (seemingly with physics disabled, as they 'hover' until you get in)

Both of these are observed with lots of vehicles/units in the game. I tried a configuration of different machines on a healthy gigabit network. the same mission between the current stable and yesterday's dev branch (have seen the problem for a few patches now)

I haven't seen anyone really talking about this, so I don't know if it is something wrong locally, or if it just doesn't show up on altis life servers so nobody else has noticed it (JOKING!)

hi, any chance for simple repro mission t test this issue in MP (post on Feedback tracker please)

Sounds like a blessing. Should be adjustable to set them off...

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I actually like the fatigue noises. But, I agree that a volume slider would be nice.

Maybe I'm in a minority, but I actually like the fatigue noises. But, I agree that a volume slider would be nice.

How about when you're badly hurt and out of breath? Literally constant groaning and moaning even a FAK can't cure. Getting shot early in a long mission and having to listen to that for hours makes me suicidal (in game). I understand running a marathon with a bullet and a bandaid in the chest might be painful but c'mon.

I understand running a marathon with a bullet and a bandaid in the chest might be painful but c'mon.

That is one of the reasons why I prefer playing the game over real life. ;)

You not alone in this.

Another Ofp-old feature gone without any warning or explanation. :(

not in the minority i hope. they are part of keeping the immersion of being a soldier in a bigger war not THE HERO.

I like fatique sounds. A big part of the immersion. The slider in the settings would not hurt (as well as more variations of the sound loop).

How about when you're badly hurt and out of breath? Literally constant groaning and moaning even a FAK can't cure. Getting shot early in a long mission and having to listen to that for hours makes me suicidal (in game). I understand running a marathon with a bullet and a bandaid in the chest might be painful but c'mon.
the

Yeah. Out of breath is temporary, deal with it; while the hurt sounds, even (MAINLY!) with little damage, goes a long way and sure it's rage inducing. This could be replaced for small red borders. Not a COD thing but an information to the player since we have no other means to tell damage.

the

Yeah. Out of breath is temporary, deal with it; while the hurt sounds, even (MAINLY!) with little damage, goes a long way and sure it's rage inducing. This could be replaced for small red borders. Not a COD thing but an information to the player since we have no other means to tell damage.

Maybe the hurt sounds should be heard only during certain actions? Like standing up from prone or sprinting? You know, those actions that hurts most when injured because cost so much energy.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Critical injury

Stable

DEV

Yes, there are like three randomly repeating sounds and they sound too often. Very annoying indeed.

Yes, there are like three randomly repeating sounds and they sound too often. Very annoying indeed.

Post Effects also disappeared in DEV.

Post Effects also disappeared in DEV.

Oh thanks, have not noticed.

Maybe the hurt sounds should be heard only during certain actions? Like standing up from prone or sprinting? You know, those actions that hurts most when injured because cost so much energy.

Makes sense.

Added: LAND waypoint (can be found under "Scripted" category)

OMG! And we didn't need a DLC for that!

Added: LAND waypoint (can be found under "Scripted" category)

Can't seem to find this under the "Scripted" category? Just an empty combo box.

Can't seem to find this under the "Scripted" category? Just an empty combo box.

When you select "Scripted" it's the first one which is automatically selected. Combo box is not empty, it's just not showing any text for the LAND waypoint.

I love this idea. Would please everyone, I think. It does irritate me when I make pain sounds at random times, even when doing nothing. Hearing them when getting up from prone, or vaulting, or similarly strenuous actions would go a long way to increase immersion without being irritating.

I love this idea. Would please everyone, I think. It does irritate me when I make pain sounds at random times, even when doing nothing. Hearing them when getting up from prone, or vaulting, or similarly strenuous actions would go a long way to increase immersion without being irritating.

I support this idea as well.

Superb idea!

Superb idea!

Bouben has lots of good ideas: "I like fatique sounds. A big part of the immersion. The slider in the settings would not hurt (as well as more variations of the sound loop)."

=> Very true for me: playing without fatigue sounds is not the same anymore :-(

and: "Maybe the hurt sounds should be heard only during certain actions? Like standing up from prone or sprinting? You know, those actions that hurts most when injured because cost so much energy."

=> an excellent idea indeed.

still a great game, anyways...