yeah its a no brainer that the cessation of flight controls when engine is off is without question one of those "shake your head" ideas.

Also physX is involved in the flight model this video proves it :p

BIS, this makes Baby Jesus cry!

While this fixes this bug, it seems odd to me that the planes becomes absolute bricks when engine is turned off or you run out of fuel. You can't even glide to safety anymore and the only option for survival is to eject in case your engines get disabled.

I'm no authority on airplanes, but it seems like this wouldn't be the case in real life. Aren't there batteries to power the fly-by-wire systems or manual control of the control surfaces via hydraulics or something?

Thank you for your feedback,

it will be changed.

;2663295']Wow' date=' this is weird.[/quote']

Now that I saw your sig:

k7u6.jpg

Any update on these clouds BI?

Problems with MP sync, morphing....?

I like the new animation for the CSAT jet. But I noticed that AI units tend to immediately start the engine, wich result in the closing canopy colliding with the entering unit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247327130

Other thing that I noticed, that when ejecting, I am sometime stuck in crouching-falling animation in wich I am unable to deploy the parachute, leading to my inevitable death :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247328170

It happen in low speed (practicaly falling speed) low altitude situations.

EDIT: Correction, it happens also in high speed low altitude situations.

Edited by Derk Yall
Additional info

yeah its a no brainer that the cessation of flight controls when engine is off is without question one of those "shake your head" ideas.

Also physX is involved in the flight model this video proves it :p

old video, its no more possible ... try it before you report something ;) i tried it many times in the new dev,

and you can´t fly backwards anymore...

;2663473']Wait' date=' there are not the same clouds ? :eek:[/quote']

Nope they are not ;), and indeed I remember those clouds, they were amazing! Although they had a bug in early morning when they've turned very very dark. I'm also curious about any update on them :).

Possible bug: It seems that in RC version smokes and radar are not working for Cheetah and ZSU. I've placed both of them in editor, then Mi-48 to check it out.

Edited by Byku

I'm gonna check this out right now ! :p

If so, I wonder if BIS can fix that.

Edited by FanBF2[CH]

An idea for the devbranch experiment: may it be done that a non-killing hit also increases fatigue? This may add some counter-effect to the "soak bullets, keep headshotting" AI/player behavior

Noticed a weird bug. Tested with NATO and CSAT forces with the same results. Don't think that I noticed it before.

Tested with me as target, and also with AI target. In both case the unit was almost not affected by primary and secondary weapon fire. But was affected by grenades.

Branch: Stable and DEV

Reproduction:

Put unit into water, near the shore

Put enemy unit/s on the shore

Condition:

Unit in the water is not moving

Results:

Unit in water unaffected by hostile fire in most cases. Affected by grenades.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=247421590

The AI seems to have lost their flying skills after yesterday(8.4.)s dev branch update?

I was trying to make an epic airstrike mission... and epic it was. All the addon jets dropped to the ground like flies, spiraling out of control.

And the BI planes were having problems too, AI having difficulties to keep the plane straight, like they were making way too big corrections.

I tried without mods, same thing.

I tried stable branch, AI flying was fine.

Noticed a weird bug. Tested with NATO and CSAT forces with the same results. Don't think that I noticed it before.

Tested with me as target, and also with AI target. In both case the unit was almost not affected by primary and secondary weapon fire. But was affected by grenades.

Reproduction:

Condition:

Results:

Also notice this, by the way. It seems the collision model is sunk relatively to visual model, and since bullets are stopped by water, it's almost impossible to hit the target. Bullets don't collide with head at all.

Reproduction:

Condition:

Results:

this data + feedback ticket = BI like

Sound: Enabled infinite looping for "loop" sounds

Was this this feature we discussed earlier?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29&p=2642011&viewfull=1#post2642011

Is it fixed? because at the time of our last discussion it didn't work at all

*EDIT*

Just tested it I set the loop areas from 0 - 6000 samples and used a test sound (my voice) say the number of the sample. I had six samples in total each containing a shot sfx in the loop area (0 - 6000) and the test sound after which would be the bit that never loops, this is how you explained it to me previously. I said it was broken then, I was ignored, its still broken now only its now broken in "Stable" branch as well.

http://youtu.be/5Kz-vobLARQ

What is going on behind the scenes when we get features added to the game already broken? Does no one know they are broken? Is the information I received wrong about how to utilize these features?

Along with outright foolhardy ideas like no control surfaces movement when engines are turned off. Didn't anyone say "hang on minute, doing this is not only the opposite of what we should be doing, but it also removes features previously added to the game engine years ago in such as gliding and auto rotation"

I'm sorry if this seems rude that's far from my intention by any means, but I just had to say these things, especially as you have a loyal, knowledgeable community that far surpasses most if not all of the gaming communities out there.

Edited by Bigpickle

I've been testing the civilian offroad further and the recent changes seem to be going in the right direction.

While I haven't noticed any changes to handling overall after today's patch but when driving over bumps it has much lesser of the moon physx :)

Few points to the gearbox though -

*I've noticed that 1st gear allows max speed of only 15 Km/hr before (2nd) gear change occurs and I think more realistic values should sit at around 30 km/hr.

I think that the 1st gear should be a lot more aggressive and push the vehicle from stand still with much more enthusiasm, so to speak.

*The second gear is exceptionally short as well and the speed gain is only about 20 km/hr before (3th) gear change occurs.

The max speed with 2nd gear engaged is ~35 Km/hr which again is overly conservative value and should again be closer to about 50Km/hr.

*The reverse gear is little short also and allows for max reverse speed of 26 Km/hr. I think more realistic value should be closer to 35 Km/hr.

*I feel that even after the recent changes to its engine and gearbox, the engine should have more power still as the telling tale is its maximum speed.

The max speed should be closer to ~240 Km/hr for modern car ( and as our model is based on the audi Q7 SUV ) whereas its current max is just under 190Km/hr.

*Please consider lowering the force where the vehicle has contact with the ground. Wheels ( or the tires ) have too much ''contact ''force with the surface or perhaps the weight parameter is too great.

It is overly easy to rapidly change direction at high speed and the vehicles feel like they're being driven on invincible railroad which also allows to climb unrealistically steep hills or even rocks ( huge rocks ) ;)

Whit that said though its important for vehicle to maintain its agility and should closely listen to drivers inputs and respond to them promptly.

*Would it be possible to have displayed what gear is engaged somewhere on the vehicle display? I find it bit of a shame that all that space is unused

Hope my feedback helps! :bounce3:

Is anyone else not able to turn off the depth of field anymore? At least, I assume that is what it is. It used to be subtle, now, only around 10% of my monitor in focus! Basically when looking at a soldier from 3 meters away only the chest area is in focus. All the UI elements are sharp it is just the 3d area driving my eyes crazy. It actually causes causes physical discomfort.

EDIT: Apologies. I just noticed that this is probably not the thread this should be in...

Anyway, the issue appears to be an incompatibility between XMedSys and SUPER_FLASH.

Edited by thx1137

Actually DoF could be used to enhance immersion, focus player attention to something (tutorials, mission briefing) and as a 'smoke-and-mirror' kind of thing for other applications, maybe blur\mask LoD changing?, but Arma's DoF implementation is almost dumb and somewhat limited (without layers of rendered objects, whole screen effect and more).

Prime example are scopes: if DoF is on you can't read sight markings, create somekind of ghosting and the objects out of the scope are almost unaffected.

I'm curious about the change made that I believe is dating back to 3/28;

"Added: MenuInventory and MenuPosition respawn templates will now force respawn at the scenario start".

Was there a problem with respawnOnStart = 0 ?

Was it added to fix a problem, or was this just a design decision of some sort?

Edited by R.Flagg

So can anyone try to look at this simple anti-common-sense bug sinse ARMA has glass window of building?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18375

How can you do that when you throw a thing to a window and the thing penetrates the window but the window is not damaged?

Are you playing magic?:mad:

If it is too little a bug to fix or someting else?

I have 3 points:

1. you can't throw a thing into the building before the window is damaged.

2. you can throw a thing which has enough force to damage a window.

3. when a window is damaged it must make a sound because it is a common sense therefore if it won't make any sound that means a thing don't hit the window or you are not in the earth.