Government bureaucracy. Someone ordered a stop sign, we place a stop sign. It's like real life. In front of our house they tore up the perfectly new, shiny sidewalk (paid for by the owners of the house) and put down yet another one (paid for by the guvnment) in the same place, not because it made sense but "because we were told, so we do it."

I can completely imagine some guy with a truck driving out there, looking around, shrugging and then placing the sign. Send the invoice to the mayor, and back to the shop for a pint and fried ham.

thats actually how it works.

A freind was part of a crew that was told to paint a road in the morning, they knew it was being resealed that afternoon, but where told to do it anyway since the schedule said to

As of revision 116365 in DEV branch, we will be introducing a fix to the bug that happens when you switch to a new weapon during reloading. Currently, the reloading animation for most states (except for launcher) is a gesture played on top of the primary animation channel, so the "switching" animation starts during the reload.

The current solution is that the new weapon is still logically selected, however, the switching animation is postponed until the reloading animation is finished.

The problem is that the new solution might create feeling of delay and, for example, if you spot an enemy during reload and want to kill them quickly using the current weapon, you will have to wait until the new logically selected weapon is also selected animation-wise. Players can still counter this by switching back to the current weapon during reload, in this case no switching animation will happen. We would appreciate your feedback on whether this is too much of an issue for you, so we can possibly introduce alternative solution.

Now that we're seeing the end of Gamespy, are there any plans to improve/alter the server browser? Filter out certain mods, names, missions, etc. for instance.

The problem is that the new solution might create feeling of delay and, for example, if you spot an enemy during reload and want to kill them quickly using the current weapon, you will have to wait until the new logically selected weapon is also selected animation-wise. Players can still counter this by switching back to the current weapon during reload, in this case no switching animation will happen. We would appreciate your feedback on whether this is too much of an issue for you, so we can possibly introduce alternative solution.

My humble opinion:

This is definitely an issue! It falls into the same annoying category of animation cruelties which e.g. force the player to diligently finish bandaging his broken toe or whatever, while an enemy is walking up, taking aim and ... game over.

Please, consider a different solution.

(E.g. something like that http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8040 )

The current solution is that the new weapon is still logically selected, however, the switching animation is postponed until the reloading animation is finished.

There are two bugs with Rifle reloading animations (happens when you switch from Pistol to a Rifle).

Can't you guys (bi) just leave things alone sometimes? That CSAT neoprene jet looked awesome. But no, no, we can't have players liking our content. Lets change the camo by making it ugly. Now it's just a mess. That's fine for ground vehicles but aircraft are different. Most camo on jets isn't to blend against any particular environment, it's to break up it's silhouette. That CSAT neoosporin jet camo pattern was good. Now it's garbage. At least it is in my opinion. And you missed a few spots. Luckily I saved the old pattern. Why don't you fix that ugly green color on that un armed hell/wildcat.

Can't you guys (bi) just leave things alone sometimes? That CSAT neoprene jet looked awesome. But no, no, we can't have players liking our content. Lets change the camo by making it ugly. Now it's just a mess. That's fine for ground vehicles but aircraft are different. Most camo on jets isn't to blend against any particular environment, it's to break up it's silhouette. That CSAT neoosporin jet camo pattern was good. Now it's garbage. At least it is in my opinion. And you missed a few spots. Luckily I saved the old pattern. Why don't you fix that ugly green color on that un armed hell/wildcat.

I also never understood why they removed the awesome camo pattern that the now green ghosthawk once had for a short time during the Beta. Was there any particular reason for this?

I also never understood why they removed the awesome camo pattern that the now green ghosthawk once had for a short time during the Beta. Was there any particular reason for this?

It was just too much content. There's not enough programmers to support that many camo patterns. It might come back, but they won't promise you anything. Let's just say they might add a counter to the announcement when it might be coming back. There'll certainly be an SITREP, SPOTREP, OPREP, NOREP, BROREP before it's released tho to show how things are going, so no worries there.

It was just too much content. There's not enough programmers to support that many camo patterns. It might come back, but they won't promise you anything. Let's just say they might add a counter to the announcement when it might be coming back. There'll certainly be an SITREP, SPOTREP, OPREP, NOREP, BROREP before it's released tho to show how things are going, so no worries there.

LOL :rolleyes:

We liked it too, thats why we created the CTRG mod.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24002

You have clearly missed a TECHREP and I take that as an personal insult! That has reset the internal countdown to release of a new tool with new camo pattern in it. Such heresy must be purged, innocence proves nothing! :icon_twisted:

You have clearly missed a TECHREP and I take that as an personal insult! That has reset the internal countdown to release of a new tool with new camo pattern in it. Such heresy must be purged, innocence proves nothing! :icon_twisted:

Admit it. BROREP made you laugh though. :)

You aint got time to be insulted, important bouncing to do :D

You aint got time to be insulted, important bouncing to do :D
Admit it. BROREP made you laugh though. :)

It actually made me chuckle a bounce :icon_twisted:

Getting a 269 MB update, let's hope it's the preview version of the DLC :eek:

There's DLC on the way? I have seen no announcements.

The question of the day is: when is gonna be the Arma 3 Karts DLC staged in devbranch???

Has the AI been improved for the goats? Are you gonna use motion capture to improve the goat animations?

Are Pygmy goats gonna be included? What about other breeds? :confused:

As of revision 116365 in DEV branch, we will be introducing a fix to the bug that happens when you switch to a new weapon during reloading. Currently, the reloading animation for most states (except for launcher) is a gesture played on top of the primary animation channel, so the "switching" animation starts during the reload.
Yet another bug caused by this fix.

Now that we're seeing the end of Gamespy, are there any plans to improve/alter the server browser? Filter out certain mods, names, missions, etc. for instance.

A server browser like in DayZ would be nice

UAVs dont seem to be following waypoints in the UAV terminal after this update, anyone else have this problem?

YEEES thank you for fixing the UAVs. Finaly the gunner is able to launch and guide the rockets into the target like in a real UAV. Thanks alot!

BlackPixxel, have you tried them yet after the update? Do they work ok for you? As well as the problem I posted above, the camera for gunner seems to be on top of the UAV and I cant even select rockets only LD and Bombs.

EDIT: Tested again and it looks like the [CAS] version of both NATO and CSAT UAVs dont work. The NATO one wont follow any waypoints placed in the UAV terminal and the CSAT one wont even allow me to place waypoints. Both non [CAS] AUVs seem to work fine except there is no triangle lock icon for the missiles, only the square. Also cameras for gunner on both [CAS] UAVs seem to be bugged. -At least for me.

Edited by insumsnoy
more info

I had the camera bug with the UAV with the bombs too, so I can confirm that. the variant with the 6 ATGM missiles is working fine, except for the buggy stabilization that stops to work while you move the mouse.

Are BIS taking the piss with the 'balancing' as part of the dev branch? April fool joke?

There'll certainly be an SITREP, SPOTREP, OPREP, NOREP, BROREP before it's released tho to show how things are going, so no worries there.

We need a REPREP to report all those reports.