@dragonsyr

I had to reinstall my Nvidia GPU drivers to be able to rehost without CTDs. Try that and tell me if it works for you.

Some ppl say it's a Workshop bug. For me, reinstalling my video drivers fixed the CTDs.

Edited by dernt

i thing that the only thing i made was the update of my gpu driver (335.23) hmm.....

someone else with 335.23 version ????

So...how about those still useless copilots? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17894

Also, when I make missions where a group gets in a vehicle then out of that vehicle, then into another vehicle, the AI for some reason has one member of the group get back in the first vehicle and follow. Kind of a strange issue I know but its an issue non the less. That's with no scripting going on by the way, just plain jane get in, get out waypoints.

binocular aerobic - feel the difference. now for 15€ per month and 3 kg per week !!! join us :cool:

Dear devs, this is weird

I found a tree that is indestructible by artillery on Stratis

I tested Zeus a little bit and tried to create an LZ inside a forest by destroying trees with Artillery. Well, this tree couldn´t be destroyed, no matter what I used on him. Using the Splendid camera I get the following stuff

BIS_fnc_camera_target = 83907058: t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d

Coordinates according to camera

X: 3990.13

Y:5941.83

exported camera params:

["Paste",["Stratis",[3990.13,5941.83,24.0907],156.074,0.7,[-89.9,82.3976],0,0,729.066,0.3,0]] call bis_fnc_camera;

I could run it over with a vehicle though.

I know this has no priority at all, just file this under "weird shit happening in this engine"

Spotted AI binocular dance again, no mods + DEV-version. The group have no special scripts running (may have just formed 4 men group connecting 4 1 man groups).

This is ... HILARIOUS XD Looks like some kind of drinking game hahaha

Just had my first look at the re-worked Altis and I immediately noticed the improvements. I flew along Kavala's coastline in a littlebird and saw the new amenities straight away, before taking a closer look. After zipping around the island and occasionally landing, I can say that it's amazing how much difference a little more building variety can make. A few more shops here and there, perhaps some detail/resizing of the Airport terminal and the occasional unique larger building (churches, offices, government buildings, etc) and I think that I will be fully in love with Altis forever.

Yes, there is a lot of little objects (garbage container, tourist installations...) which make a real difference, Altis seems more natural. I didn't notice the "occasional unique larger building (churches, offices, government buildings, etc)", can you give some grid to visit them ?

EDIT :

I may hasn't understood, is it what you what or things already in the game (about "occasional unique larger building") ?

Edited by Guest

Dear BIS devs,

I don't really like posting up negative stuff but I've been exasperated with Arma 3 in the last week.

In the last 5 days, My (previously relatively well) working project has:

• Crashed every time I launch it on a DS, without exception.
  • Started rubber-banding and freezing randomly in the editor
  • Randomly crashed in the editor.
  • Lost all coherent use of the objectID data in the game
  • Also, amusingly, freezes jam the player controls into the active keyboard input at the time of the freeze.

Naturally, I went through all reasonable procedures to check the source (check file integrity, reverted all changes I've done to a previous file from last week and then when that didn't work, reverted the changes one by one; and finally revert to Stable build).

I do appreciate that you have added lots of supremely cool stuff like assets and campaign, but I can't get this game to run for what I want to do, and it's frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much if Stable Build was working ok so I could go back to it, but that's borked too.

I like scripting and making mods for this game, but my time is limited by RL stuff (as all of our time is). It's demotivating to try and spend the limited time I've got trying to workaround randomly broken fundamental stuff. Again; if Stable build was functioning correctly then I could work with that, but it isn't.

If there was acknowledgment from the Dev team about these issues as they become aware of it then that would go a long way to helping dudes like me know when stuff is broken. Then I can plan around it. Otherwise, I'm spending literally hours trying to debug problems that are aren't a direct result of changes I've made to the game.

I know I can go on the FT and scan for new tickets, but it's frankly a very boring and functional website and I would always come here to hear things first hand from the devs (as it is a much more rewarding browsing experience). Also, I feel if I committed tickets to the tracker, they would be rejected on the basis that I'm running a mod I made for my project. (I need to run this for what I'm doing so I can't really remove it and test all conditions).

I've had a few drinks tonight so it's most likely ramped up my despondancy about this, and I should probably take a chill pill etc.

It would be appreciated though if you can communicate widespread issues (even if you are not at a stage where you can tackle them), as it's just nice to be kept in the loop.

Regards,

DA

Hi, last week we introduced EPC Dev branch in which all maps were converted to a new version. This version contains technology which keeps unique ID for map objects. Old map versions had their map object IDs generated dynamically during generating WRP process. Unfortunately when script coder tried to address any map object through its ID, he had to check whether Id is still valid after each map update. Now(since EPC) he doesn't have to do that because each single map object gets and keeps its unique ID. This technology has been introduced as a reaction on a demand from community(see more information). We tried to implement this new technology with maximum transparency for players, so yes, it's obvious, that your script has stop working and has to get some changes. But I'm really interested in those side effects you mentioned(freezing and random crashes). If you have a repro steps, repro mission, anything, ... please start a FT task and we will take a look

Hi, last week we introduced EPC Dev branch in which all maps were converted to a new version. This version contains technology which keeps unique ID for map objects. Old map versions had their map object IDs generated dynamically during generating WRP process. Unfortunately when script coder tried to address any map object through its ID, he had to check whether Id is still valid after each map update. Now(since EPC) he doesn't have to do that because each single map object gets and keeps its unique ID. This technology has been introduced as a reaction on a demand from community(see more information). We tried to implement this new technology with maximum transparency for players, so yes, it's obvious, that your script has stop working and has to get some changes. But I'm really interested in those side effects you mentioned(freezing and random crashes). If you have a repro steps, repro mission, anything, ... please start a FT task and we will take a look

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated and useful info about the object ID's.

I'll get on the FT when I'm at home later and set up some tickets for the crashes/freezes.

Thanks, DA

Hey bi, can't you make it possible for AI to go in the ghost hotel pool? It's excellent cover. It's a pain to have AI walking all the way around a perfectly good attack route. There is no cover on the top of the pool. And since it's likely humans will go to the pool, AI get shot while standing in one spot chasing their tails like a dog waiting for you to get out.

when i try to make new multi server (play/multiplayer/new/ lan or internet...)

i get crash on desktop and i get error

Hi, this is caused by workshop missions. The crash should be fixed in Dev and will be merged to Stable very soon.

Since a few days ago, Steam started to return some workshop missions without some core data and that revealed some nasty bug in the code. The game should handle that without crash now but it's possible that even with crash fix some workshop missions won't be visible in the game due to missing data. We are currently investigating if it's possible to get missing data in different way until it's fixed on Steam side.

> Edit: I restarted the steam and now it's OK. I have 35 fps in devbuild too. Strange...

So, does anyone still has problems?

> Edit: I restarted the steam and now it's OK. I have 35 fps in devbuild too. Strange...

i am still having issues with performance.. its def not my hardware.

Don't know about what problem danczer was talking about, but it was definitely not the issue this thread is about.

I'm and was talking about a broken Zeus module.

FPS issued CAUSED BY THE ZEUS MODULE.

Not about any dubious lost of some frames.

Set up a dedicated server, choose the zeus role and monitor some gamebreaking workload/netcode issue.

Once again, it started after the patch of Friday the 08.03. and is not fixed yet.

All communities which used Zeus for a Gamemaster are screwed since this date.

So please, don't get abstracted by any diffuse client sided FPS issues.

PS.:I try to keep calm and polite, but the members of our community are really pissed!

You hooked the with the Zeus DLC and know the are all on cold turkey!

Edited by [LB] boggler

Hi, everytime i shoot with a M107 Sniper a message popups "bis_effects_heavysniper", is that normal?

Report it to the mod author.

I am aware that this thread is started as a ZEUS MODULE discussion BUT in normal missions im also seeing random lag spikes every 3/5 sec. Doesn't matter who is the host, al of the 7 people I play with have it except the host.

On ZEUS and on Normal missions with the dev build from last week...

Edited by m0nkm0nk

Seeing this too and i suspect the weather synchronization is the cause. Not sure yet, but it looks like it starts for me when server weather begins to change, even if slowly (like 1200 setOverCast 1.0).

I'll try to reproduce ...

Edited by thhamm

Seeing this too and i suspect the weather synchronization is the cause. Not sure yet, but it looks like it starts for me when server weather begins to change, even if slowly (like 1200 setOverCast 1.0).

I'll try to reproduce ...

Can confirm the weather lag too. Just played a mission with 5 people with weather changing over time on.. stutter every 3 sec. Disabled the weather totally > Lag gone.

I still have the same problem. It is still NOT fixed. Restarting steam does not work! I cant even join my server, as soon as i move the camera on the map my game crashes. And as soon as i join the server my speaker does some weird noise, like i would plug in a headset. :S

I had to change the game mode to a non-zeus one. People are asking me to switch to Zeus, but the game crashes. :S

And i experienced another problem, like some people mentioned before. Every server i join (not only Zeus) i get a ~1 sec fps drop (from ~60fps to ~30fps) every ~5 secs. :S