The first thing I notice besides the entire area around the whole area is way too clean and nice looking. Even the damage looks nice. When inside the hotel, looking out of, I guess where the sliding glass doors would be, most of the trees disappear. Sometimes they come back into view depending on where you stand. but there is no window, so it's not the standard looking out a window disappearance.

Now that I play more it happens all over the hotel, doorways too. A lot of things disappear.

After destroying one of my favorite spots on Altis in order to put the hotel there, I have to say it was worth it. The hotel and it's surroundings are very cool. Putting a ladder in the elevator shaft might be a good idea. You know there will be about 800 missions made in that place in the next day or 2.

Edited by Victim9l3

Thanks for the preview Potato-Chan. Steam is still down for me.

The A-164 handling is very poor. The plane seems to be nose heavy, and the controls around pitch axis are very rubberbandy so to speak. Every time I pull up the plane's nose gets yanked back down a bit. Also the plane's nose goes down constantly no matter what the speed, meaning you'll go down unless you compensate with your controls constantly.

Edit: Same goes for the CSAT jet.

Edited by Xendance

I TOTALLY agree, would be better if it had ArmA 2 A-10 handling

the design of the tempest and aircraft is a huge step up.. everything else looks bland in comparison

the design of the tempest and aircraft is a huge step up.. everything else looks bland in comparison

I really don't like the edgy design of the NATO plane but enjoy the rest of the new models.

Oh, and the hotel location is really well done. It will be great for CQB. Very special feel. Good job, guys.

Edited by Bouben

Whoops, I forgot a few things;

No pictures of the cockpits? Clearly, you're still forgetting something!

No pictures of the cockpits? Clearly, you're still forgetting something!

That I did.

http://i.imgur.com/IP3vYn5.jpg (A-164 "Wipeout" Cockpit)

http://i.imgur.com/JWI6Ciu.jpg (To-199 "Neophoron" Cockpit)

and a few other things;

http://i.imgur.com/x1ZEmTI.jpg (Beach cubicles)

http://i.imgur.com/UQ864WH.jpg (Lifeguard tower)

http://i.imgur.com/0iks7Ib.jpg (BLUKING, BE A KING TODAAAY)

http://i.imgur.com/7q1Vf4M.jpg (one of those roundabout things)

http://i.imgur.com/I0ypWfC.jpg (a slightly angry trash can with trees that haven't loaded in yet)

(sorry for the low quality textures)

Edited by Potato-Chan

The new Aircrafts and the Truck look awesome. And I love that you are actually bringing the A-10 into Arma 3 through that little backdoor ;). I just fucking love the A-10.

I have two wishes for the Wipeout: If there is any possibility to increase the rate of fire even a little bit more, please do it :). And the sound of the Gatling Gun needs a little enhancement. It's not bad, just a little dull and not powerful enough. [Here in RL:

]

As higher rates if fire are possible now, please also rework the parameters of the Buzzard Autocannon and Blackfoot Gatling Gun (which both also have a much higher ROF in reality).

Blackfoot Gatling in RL:

I looked up all the real life data of the mentioned guns, just for information, I know these parameters are impossible to implement in Arma 3. But please, try to increase the ROF of those guns (in proportionality) to the highest ROF Arma 3 can provide. That would be really awesome.

A-10 Gatling Gun: ("GAU-8/A Avenger")

up to 4200 RPM

Buzzard Autocannon: ("Plamen Aircraft Gun Pod PL-20")

low: 780 RPM

high: 2600 RPM

Blackfoot Gatling Gun: ("XM301")

low: 750 RPM

high: 1500 RPM

I'm sitting here eating a burger I picked up from Red Burger and I have got to say, after browsing through the map and objects and vehicles, BI has restored my faith in Arma. A little late, and still some work to be done but I'm liking it. I'll post more later, I gotta finish eating this burger. It has a taste to kill for. ;)

I assume the aircrafts are still in the progress of being complete, so no need for a more detailed ticket about this, I guess. :)

Either way, the flaps don't work and the canopy of the A-164 is missing. Otherwise, the engine heat seem to have a huge impact on the frames (3rd view). Could consider reducing the size of the heat distortion effect slightly.

By the way, anyone got any idea where the Ghost Hotel is? I tried, but failed to find it. Thanks :)

That I did.

Thank you! My only complaint about any of these images is that I don't get why the CSAT pilot's wearing a woodland camo that's totally unfitting with their normal camo scheme.

the ghost hotel is in Iraklia. Right now I am in the 3d editor, but if the map is the same, it's around where the 20's meet. vertical and horizontal. near the pefkas bay.

And I played both jets and they both had a canopy. An addon might cause it to disappear, so make sure you have no addons.

I have tried to find all the new structures/objects like the lifeguard towers mentioned, the fast food places, atm's, etc. buildings. Are they accessible? In fact, why don't you make everything accessible, rather than us wait for one of us to put a config together just to get stuff in the game. Just make it all accessible.

Also, in the field manual, Zeus is described as a real time 3d editor. So why can't you make a real time 3d editor already? We've wanted one since arma came out. The crap one we have to use is ridiculous. Make it just like zeus but without players. An SP editor that can be real time, and non real time. The realtime editor that a modder made is a 3d editor and whenever you want you can push play and stop.

Please stop relying on the community to give us things you should give us. I mean, you created a sandbox game, but tell us to bring the sand. You make money because the community keeps making things. But this is not the place for this, so I apologize and get back on topic.

I closed out of ArmA after it froze during the campaign. That isn't the main issue at hand, I currently get the following message on startup:

DdGYkkE.png

And once that error appears, the loading process stops and the game ends.

Basically I can't launch ArmA, has this been seen before?

I closed out of ArmA after it froze during the campaign. That isn't the main issue at hand, I currently get the following message on startup:

http://i.imgur.com/DdGYkkE.png

And once that error appears, the loading process stops and the game ends.

Basically I can't launch ArmA, has this been seen before?

It seems to freeze during 'Loading profile options' (looking at your background). It may be that your profile has become bugged (possibly is crashed while trying to save something?). You can try deleting/moving your profile and see if it works again. If it does, you can manually move back configuration files and savegames (or just folder by folder) one by one and see what file caused it.

EDIT: Best not to delete it competely, its where all your precious custom made missions are stored. :)

Okay Bohemia, you outdid yourselves with these new aircraft...they sound and look great both inside and outside but to me the most impressive thing is how functional they are..and I'm serious, for those that haven't yet seen or played with it there is an amazing amount of functional from the devs.

Both aircraft keep track of your current weapon as well as the amount, for the wipeout a bar to the left of the weapon station will drop and on the Neophron you will see a bar and numeric decrease on the rightmost MPD.

The Wipeout has more advanced avionics suite for its digital displays, covering; horizon, climb rate, airspeed in knots, flags, landing gear position, horizontal situation indicator, altitude, thrust, and fuel.

The HUD displays current weapon, weapon amount, heading, air ground level, pitch, roll and speed (it is important to remember the speed on the HUD will NOT be the same on the MPD as they measure differently..this is authentic) You of course have your digital horizon, cursor and fly to cue.

The Neophron's MPD's display speed in knots, altitude, something labelled RS...not sure which function it responds to yet, seems to be effected by and motion.. Weapons page displays all weapons both actioned and none with a counter above the rocket pods, numbers on either side of a color tape that drops as munitions are depleted though unlike the Wipeout there is no counter for the MG.

HUD displays weapon and count, pitch and roll, speed, climb rate, AGL, heading, horizon with numbered climb ladder, waterline, fly to cue, and various symbologies for weapons mode, oddly enough however there is no crosshair on the HUD.

The sounds are great (dat fart of god) and the textures are excellent, especially the damage textures...scraped paint, bullet holes with shader maps and deforming in the aircraft skin compliment the billowing smoke nicely and in terms of damage texture it is on par with DCS A-10.

^ click here for details on cockpit display functionality.

The wait for these aircraft was soooo worth it, I would pay for a DLC expansion of ALL aircraft having this same cockpit functionality.

Now on to the negatives and they are only few...one is that the Neophron has no horizon on any display and this is abit strange because no aircraft would have a flight page that does not have a horizon, it is a necessity.

Two is that the Neophron has no target cue on its HUD for aiming the gun, while the Wipeout is fairly reliable the Neophron is more of a guessing game.

Three the neophrans MPD's are bright grey rather than black at night, making it a bit harsher to read, also hoping a gentle green light is added similar to what the A-10 has.

And finally is that there is no 6DOF in the cockpit, I understand that visibility is important but so too is knowing what your instruments say and at this distance I can juuust make it out on the Neophron, the ability to lean forward would clear this.

A few bugs..the Neophron damaged has a cracked canopy, however it is pristine from the pilot view and the lights on and off doesn't seem to do anything (collision does), and the rudders do not turn without added thrust.

Edited by NodUnit

It seems to freeze during 'Loading profile options' (looking at your background). It may be that your profile has become bugged (possibly is crashed while trying to save something?). You can try deleting/moving your profile and see if it works again. If it does, you can manually move back configuration files and savegames (or just folder by folder) one by one and see what file caused it.

EDIT: Best not to delete it competely, its where all your precious custom made missions are stored. :)

Aha! That did the trick, thank you sir.

5th mission of the Win campaign seems to be bugged, I can't start any savegame from this mission (loading screen and then arma stopped working). Even if I start it again, nothing change.

+ There is a script error too.

Thank you BI for taking the time to add the ghost hotel, it looks absolutely fantastic and should be amazing in scenarios. I wish you would add more exciting areas in the future.

The new Tempest trucks looks incredible too, but I'd love to see a flatbed version (also for the HEMTT) for use with attachTo in scenarios (Patrol Ops, for example). It looks like the 'device' variant of the Tempest is a good start, just remove the device from the model. :)

(it is important to remember the speed on the HUD will NOT be the same on the MPD as they measure differently..this is authentic)

That's interesting, what can I search for if I want to read about this?

Edited by rzon

I dipped into dev yesterday mostly to get the classnames so I can prepare my stable build mission. But having got there, I popped a few of the new babies into the editor for a quick spin.

Common to all aircraft, the fixed wing flight model is rubbish, It's embarrassing to show these lovely assets to non Arma players, then to have to show the FM. Seriously, that's got to be high up the list of priorities after 'Win'.

Going on the published screenshots, the 164 looks dreadful from the outside, but I guess it's based on an aircraft which isn't pretty in the first place. You did seem to take the A-10 and batter it with the ugly stick. But then I spawned one and had a closer look. You've done loads on details, even on stuff most players won't notice. It's a lovely piece of work, especially the interior. The HUD is a little small, but the MFDs are really nice. Nice to fly and happy at low speeds, a worthy successor to the A-10. Crucially, the main gun sound good and meaty and I'm glad to see the pilots ladder anim still there from A2. The name I'm less keen on? Wipeout? Sounds a bit 'Disney' to me. Personally, if I'd come up with such a lightweight name as Wipeout, I'd have ditched it and fallen back to Warthog. I can't help thinking that in game it'll be referred to as the A-10.

The 199 is a easier on the eye at first glance. :) But the exterior is full of detail and is well proportioned. Weirdly, the flap surfaces don't move until you're rolling. The interior is a little sparse, but it's based on an existing aircraft (sort of) so I guess it's realistic. The 199 is much faster than the 164, perhaps too fast for a CAS asset and it's not quite so easy to fly at low speeds. MFDs are nice but a tiny bit small. I'm a TrackIR user so I can easily lean into the monitor a bit and get some zoom to see the MFD clearly, but that's not so easy for others. I thought the pilot of the 199 is quite laid back in his seat, perhaps too uch for a CAS jet where the pilot is the only guy in the aircraft as his job is to see targets on the ground. I would have though a more upright seat position would have been better. The name is a bit of a mish mash. In Greek, it's the name of a writer, but in Egytpian, it's a bird of prey. I guess it's Iranian though, so that does make sense.

The Tempests are nice too. Lot's of adorable detailing, especially on the outside. Too much body roll when turning but that's common to all vehicles in the game.

Nice to hear that, I didn't like the pine trees and complained about it from first day.

Can you show two new pictures of pine trees but at the same distance?

The after image is closer to you than the before image.

BIS did you actually work with pine trees ?

Edited by Nikiforos