Added: Prototype of weather and time synchronization for MP

Just so I understand this correctly. Weather will now be a server-side thing? Meaning if a cloud is overhead all other players around me will see the same cloud, same lightning bolt, raining on the same parts of the map? If so, that's awesome!

:ok:

Is the explosive charge damage ok? It was changed the other day.

I say this because I was playing today a simple but nice mission, "On the other side", where I have to blow up 2 artillery pieces. I used 2 explosive charges and a claymore in one of them, and it still didn't blow up.

Vote here >> http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17191

Really liking the addition of animated skirts on the panther and cheetah, the way they hang when turning or standing on a hill and bounce around really brings another layer of "livelyness" to the vehicle and would love to see it included on more of them.

Also is there any chance we might in future see animated antenna? That I think would really add to all vehicles and in conjunction with the skirts would make tanks look much more fluid.

Really liking the addition of animated skirts on the panther and cheetah, the way they hang when turning or standing on a hill and bounce around really brings another layer of "livelyness" to the vehicle and would love to see it included on more of them.

Also is there any chance we might in future see animated antenna? That I think would really add to all vehicles and in conjunction with the skirts would make tanks look much more fluid.

Nice Idea with the antenna!

Although I like the new tank, there is really one thign that bothers me. Why on earth is the commander MG so god damn ugly when viewed through the commander optics? The last time I have seen something this ugly and low poly must have been in quake, or unreal tournament (the first one!). Is there any chance that this thing will be reworked a little?

Although I like the new tank, there is really one thign that bothers me. Why on earth is the commander MG so god damn ugly when viewed through the commander optics? The last time I have seen something this ugly and low poly must have been in quake, or unreal tournament (the first one!). Is there any chance that this thing will be reworked a little?

I have to agree on that, the camera is so close that the tube of the gun needs some more details. A simple but sharp texture would be enough, maybe with some dust on it.

Another issue with the gun is the massive muzzle flash when you look through the display. It is hard to see where the bullets are going, and it is really exhausting for my eyes if I autofire this canon for a longer time because of the massive flickering of the whole 24" screen. Other RCWS in Arma 3 don't have this problem.

Something else

Added: GetIn action for Zeus UI (Drag&Drop)

Works really well, but could someone ask Karel how I can get them out again? There is no disembark function yet, right?

Also if I move a Opfor Squad into an empty Kamaz, one guy in the back won´t sit down but stand/moonwalk on his seat.

I have to agree on that, the camera is so close that the tube of the gun needs some more details. A simple but sharp texture would be enough, maybe with some dust on it.

Another issue with the gun is the massive muzzle flash when you look through the display. It is hard to see where the bullets are going, and it is really exhausting for my eyes if I autofire this canon for a longer time because of the massive flickering of the whole 24" screen. Other RCWS in Arma 3 don't have this problem.

Best bet would be to just move the camera forward, when it comes to optics on vehicles you never see the gun itself and the view is generally far enough to not see the flash for that very reason...its the blackfoot gunner camera all over again.

The tank traction seems to have improved alot, now tanks can manage ~67.5° climbs - big improvement, very nice. Tractionwise at least... Kuma design is physically pretty shitty because it's body collides first, so it can't go up that slope. But that's not really BIS fault.

yayclimbingd1slr.jpg

Where there any changes to how the physX class handels now? Or where all of the changes internal? Any additional info for modders?

Edited by Fennek

Sounds like a big problem the strykers had heheh, rule of 'extended nose' design...ah well, thats certainly good to hear that tanks can climb and hang more, the only other big 'eh' I can think of in terms of tank movement now is how they can turn quickly at high speeds, it should be that the faster you're moving the less it wants to turn.

I haven't tested the tanks too much just yet (haven't played for several patches now and am enjoying the campaign) but are they a bit more bouncy in the suspension by chance?

Where there any changes to how the physX class handels now? Or where all of the changes? Any additional info for modders?

There is driveOnComponent[] array in vehicle config. It contains selections in PhysX LOD that will receive special material with reduced friction.

The selections are:

- Slide, bottom of the hull

- Track_L & Track_R, maximum compression of the tracks.

We're still experimenting with possible solutions, when we're certain which one works best we'll add it to tank config guidelines.

There is driveOnComponent[] array in vehicle config. It contains selections in PhysX LOD that will receive special material with reduced friction.

The selections are:

- Slide, bottom of the hull

- Track_L & Track_R, maximum compression of the tracks.

We're still experimenting with possible solutions, when we're certain which one works best we'll add it to tank config guidelines.

That is cool to hear, I hope it works out.

Uniforms and accessories should be available in holders again

The tan MK20 and the black MX' series aren't still aviable.

the only other big 'eh' I can think of in terms of tank movement now is how they can turn quickly at high speeds, it should be that the faster you're moving the less it wants to turn.

I tested the tanks briefly earlier today and this behavior seems to be gone, turning radius at full speed is like this now, no more tank drifting.

Added: GetIn action for Zeus UI (Drag&Drop)

I saw the GetIn Objective, is this different from the action? If so where can I find the action?

Edit: I figured out that you drag the unit into the vehicle and they automatically get inside of it. When I used remote control to get them out, they no longer seem to interact or move.

Edited by Nashable

I'm loving the new model for the RCWS on top of the new Slammer variant.

Sorry, i know its probably in the wrong forum but this is my last hope. I have contacted Steam on 7 different emails over the last week and have not recieved a reply. I loaded Arma3 last night and as usual Steam updated it again. After the update I have tried to start up again and i get an error saying "bad version. No steam servers". I tried everything but to no avail. I ended up removing steam and reinstalling Arma on my computer but now when i try to install Arma it doesnt even get past Steam installing, error comes up saying "No steam server". Please help,I am at the point of throwing the CD out the window. Also is there any alternative to Steam. Its becoming really annoying,

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Added: Prototype of weather and time synchronization for MP

While it's awesome that this is finally finding it's way into the game, we quickly ran into problems in missions with rainy weather while testing it.

In the first game, the clients started looping the "rain starting" visual effect with ~1sec frequency, every loop causing a noticeable drop in performance. Then the rain stopped altogether and the game ran fine for some time, but when the rain started again some time later the performance drop was so drastic it made the game almost unplayable.

The problem went away whenever the rain was fully halted, like when we ran "0 setOvercast 0" with the developer console, so it seems probable that the weather sync system causes this.

A second mission ran fine even with light rain until the weather went into transition state, after which there were similar problems again. The aforementioned first mission had overcast set to 50, so someone might be able to test if this holds for them as well. I'd make a feedback ticket, but it'd be nice to get a clearer view of the problem first.

Here's a video one of our players recorded:

Spoilers:

So, the NATO CAS Jet is a

A-10

, but the name, sucks. Instead of Wipeout, you could've done at least something like Thunderstorm or something.

Spoilers:

A-10

, but the name, sucks. Instead of Wipeout, you could've done at least something like Thunderstorm or something.

Where do you hiding proof? : D

Spoilers:

A-10

that NATO CAS jet, will be like a modification on the old model as the subtext in the file goes, maybe we'll see something like improved/modernized engines, i've seen more exciting spoilers in those file besides that :)

i'll do a small, fun one

Kiosk (Gyros) :yay: