ah yes, I remember that bug that prevented picking up anything in a building. after a few days of that I made a function to fix it because that had happened 1 other time for about a week or 2.

waitUntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
menu = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if (_this select 1 in actionKeys "Gear") then {call VIR_fnc_checkFloor};"];

// function to check nearby wepholders and link it to gear menu
VIR_fnc_checkFloor = {

_floor = nearestObjects [player, ["WeaponHolderSimulated", "GroundWeaponHolder","WeaponHolder_Single_F"], 3];  
if (!isNil {_floor}) then 
{
	//hint format ["%1",{typeOf _x} foreach  _floor];
	player action ["Gear", _floor select 0];
};
};

worse this code does is force you to use the action menu to pickup stuff because if you press "I" to open inventory when wep holders are working this function will close it right back up because it calls the gear action again.

but if BI should ever have issue again with picking up things this script will save you :)

Thanks for the code there - will keep it tucked away for emergencies :)

I can replicate this on my PC regularly now. Can you try pasting in the following combinations into your debug console and see if you get multiple options to pickup items?

_holder = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", position player, [], 0.5, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_holder addItemCargoGlobal ["H_Hat_blue",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["SmokeShellRed",2];

_holder = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", position player, [], 0.5, "CAN_COLLIDE"]; 
_holder addItemCargoGlobal ["U_C_Commoner1_2",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["6Rnd_45ACP_Cylinder",4];

_holder addItemCargoGlobal ["U_OG_Guerilla2_3",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_Tracer_Green",4];

Here is a video showing what's going on. I put a silly amount of grenades into one of the piles (just to demonstrate 21 actions) but all the others are pretty sensible amounts of stuff to add to a WH imo. Excuse the music, I'm hooked on Arctic Monkeys AM at the moment.

I'm not sure what the defining factor is but it seems easily repeatable (at least on my PC). Probably something to do with item + mags but I've got to go out, buy a phone and then watch the Lego movie so I haven't got time to track it down today.

BTW, all mods are disabled - just running dev branch.

Tomorrow will have been a year since the release of the Arma 3 Alpha. Thanks to your enduring support and the hard work of the development team, Arma 3 has evolved into a cool military package. And it continues to grow and mature. As a small bonus for this mini-anniversary, we're including a new variant of the Slammer MBT in tomorrow's update. The Urban Purpose variant features a commander machine gun turret, a smaller caliber cannon, shorter barrel, and enhanced armor.

The update will also sport improved optics for armored vehicles - giving them more unique and authentic styles. Alongside the game update, we'll of course be bringing the Server packages to the same version. The Arma 3 Tools suite is to receive more samples for various vehicle types, as well as a tool to extract PBO data..

Yay :)

Yay :)

To anyone wondering (like I previously was) this is taken from the latest SITREP.

As we get closer to the release of the 'Win' campaign episode, the work on the new vehicles comes to its end.

:( I wanted moar vehiclez.

YES, I was wondering what in the hell that was. It looks pure white in the dark with NVGs on. I have some screens I can post if necessary...some sort of skymap glitch or something.

Me too!

arma3_exe_2014_03_02_18_24_36_635.jpg

arma3_exe_2014_03_02_18_24_43_468.jpg

That post reminds me of this.

Does it? If you pay attention it is quite clear it is just a personal opinion and not in any case i state as fact that Zeus is definitely taking resources away from other stuff like engine related stuff for instance. My post is nothing like that ticket.

Decreased weight of thermobaric RPG HE rocket to 2/3 of standard RPG rocket so OPFOR Rifleman may now carry one more.

Is this realistic or a game balance choice?

Just a quick example from Real life

TGB-7V (the thermobaric rocket for the RPG 7) weights 4,5 kg and is the heaviest rocket that can be launched by an RPG 7. Only the PG-7VR Tandem HEAT weights the same. Every other AT rocket for the RPG 7 weights less.

it seems to be fixed in the latest dev build. for some reason Steam didn't want to give me the latest dev build. I had to opt out and back in to get it to update

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

There's a ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=666

My old screenshot about it: http://i.imgur.com/fuigdEw.jpg

I don't think there's been much of improvement since then.

I can't believe they haven't done something about this yet. voted

i think the tracers are many to big, look likes lasers ^^ 1/4 from the scale was nice :) and not all tracers can see the enemy, the most tracers the enemy can not see when this come directly in this direction.

not sure what's going on but switching over to the dev branch saw a 2-5 percent performance decrease over the non developmental build..

Is this realistic or a game balance choice?

Just a quick example from Real life

TGB-7V (the thermobaric rocket for the RPG 7) weights 4,5 kg and is the heaviest rocket that can be launched by an RPG 7. Only the PG-7VR Tandem HEAT weights the same. Every other AT rocket for the RPG 7 weights less.

Weight is abstracted for gameplay purposes. It's just a numerical value, not an actual representation.

I understand that the in-game value called mass (insofar as determining container capacity) is representing not just weight but volume as well?

I understand that the in-game value called mass (insofar as determining container capacity) is representing not just weight but volume as well?

From what I've seen, that's the case, so you can't have a large object, that occupies a lot of space but doesn't weigh a lot (unless I'm mistaken).

Has there been a dev branch update today? Is the new slammer variant from the main branch also available on dev branch right now?

Has there been a dev branch update today? Is the new slammer variant from the main branch also available on dev branch right now?

not yet

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

From what I've seen, that's the case, so you can't have a large object, that occupies a lot of space but doesn't weigh a lot (unless I'm mistaken).

Yes from weapon guide

• Mass is a new unit used to describe weight and volume of an object used. Each container has a set capacity in the same units.

shame we dont have two separate commands - weight and volume/mass

Hi !

I have this on my server since the update made today :

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: []: '/' not an array

Cannot evaluate '' - no file

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary/Flags.UltraAI'.

It is quite annoying as this is blocking the launch of the server... Do you have a solution ? a fix ? Many thanks !

Bug in stable patch:

No 3gl granades and satchel charges in boxes.

Hi !

I have this on my server since the update made today :

It is quite annoying as this is blocking the launch of the server... Do you have a solution ? a fix ? Many thanks !

get rid of the UltraAI=<value>; from the profile files

get rid of the UltraAI=<value>; from the profile files

Not yet enough to start a server in 1.12 version

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary/Flags.UltraAI'.

ragdollHitDmgLimit (0.000000) is lower than minimum (0.010000) and it was set to min.

ye i noticed it myself, i will try get this hotfixed

Will there be a dedicated armor thread at some point, and some kind of feedback about the implementation of thing like Active protection systems and ERA?

Just tried new patch on my notebook and noticed one weird thing. When i am in the new tank (M2A4) as a commander and start shooting my fps drastically drops. Tried different tanks and this didn't happen. Does anyone else have this problem?

Just tried new patch on my notebook and noticed one weird thing. When i am in the new tank (M2A4) as a commander and start shooting my fps drastically drops. Tried different tanks and this didn't happen. Does anyone else have this problem?

Kuma: 60 -> 55 fps

T-100: 60 -> 35 fps

M2A4: 60 -> 42 fps

However, when I add a strong wind to blow the smoke away from the screen there is basically no hit in the fps.

I believe this was the case in small arms too some time ago, considerably large hit in fps due to muzzle particle effects?

Does anyone know why I keep having armor plating instead of the cage on the rear of the Kuma? I placed it in the editor and it seems to randomly put armor plating over the bars. If I put 2 Kuma on a map, one has the cage the other the plating. I restart without changing anything, this time they both have plating. Another restart, one with cage other with plating, etc..etc..etc. I just tried it with user retextured kuma that is all tan colored and it always has the green digital armor plating on the rear.

As a matter of fact, the same thing happens with the FIA offroads. sometimes they have doors, sometimes not. Sometimes the rear side is there sometime not.

Does anyone know why I keep having armor plating instead of the cage on the rear of the Kuma? I placed it in the editor and it seems to randomly put armor plating over the bars. If I put 2 Kuma on a map, one has the cage the other the plating. I restart without changing anything, this time they both have plating. Another restart, one with cage other with plating, etc..etc..etc. I just tried it with user retextured kuma that is all tan colored and it always has the green digital armor plating on the rear.

As a matter of fact, the same thing happens with the FIA offroads. sometimes they have doors, sometimes not. Sometimes the rear side is there sometime not.

The randomization script?