I've had some graphical weirdness going on with class "groundWeaponHolder". They project shadows through walls onto the ground outside buildings.

See video here:

Seems to happen with the other classes of WH as well (I thought the clue might be in the word "ground" but alas not).

Hardware in sig Drivers up to date according to nVidia manager thingy- Arma 3 config params here:

language="English";

forcedAdapterId=-1;

detectedAdapterId=0;

detectedAdapterVendorId=4318;

detectedAdapterDeviceId=4480;

detectedAdapterSubSysId=293672297;

detectedAdapterRevision=161;

detectedAdapterBenchmark=69;

displayMode=0;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winWidth=1024;

winHeight=768;

winDefWidth=1024;

winDefHeight=768;

fullScreenWidth=1680;

fullScreenHeight=1050;

refresh=60;

renderWidth=1680;

renderHeight=1050;

multiSampleCount=2;

multiSampleQuality=0;

particlesQuality=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=16;

vsync=1;

AToC=14;

cloudsQuality=4;

pipQuality=2;

dynamicLightsQuality=4;

PPAA=0;

ppSSAO=6;

ppCaustics=0;

steamLanguage="English";

tripleBuffering=0;

serverLongitude=-0.2034;

serverLatitude=51.080502;

ppBloom=0.27731097;

ppRotBlur=0.27731097;

ppRadialBlur=0.27731097;

ppDOF=0.30132115;

and some more

mouseSensitivityX=1;

mouseSensitivityY=1;

floatingZoneArea=0;

teamSwitchOffsetX=0;

teamSwitchOffsetY=0;

headBob=0.2881155;

browsingLatitude=51.080502;

browsingLongitude=-0.2034;

sceneComplexity=300000;

shadowZDistance=200;

viewDistance=1532.6442;

preferredObjectViewDistance=1500.0001;

terrainGrid=25;

volumeCD=6.5816345;

volumeFX=6.6353378;

volumeSpeech=10;

volumeVoN=10;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

gamma=0.90876377;

brightness=1.1548623;

fovTop=0.75;

fovLeft=1.1999999;

uiTopLeftX=0.20833331;

uiTopLeftY=0.15000001;

uiBottomRightX=0.79166669;

uiBottomRightY=0.85000002;

IGUIScale=0.69999999;

Not sure if this is bug or issue at my end so have not made ticket yet. Happy to though if required.

Added ticket to tracker:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17582

EDIT: Plus also, I just noticed now that you get a player action for each item in the weapon holder when you go up to it. Is this intended behaviour?

Seems like a lot of actions to add to the already overburdened action menu. The old system was fine where it just said "inventory".

Now you get a massive list saying:

Take Slash Bandolier

Take Flare (Green)

Take Flare (Green)

Take Flare (Green)

Take 3rd UGL Smoke Rounds (Blue)

ETC.

It can't be any good for performance having that many actions per weapon holder imo.

Edited by Das Attorney

EDIT: Plus also, I just noticed now that you get a player action for each item in the weapon holder when you go up to it. Is this intended behaviour?

Seems like a lot of actions to add to the already overburdened action menu. The old system was fine where it just said "inventory".

Take Slash Bandolier

Take Flare (Green)

Take Flare (Green)

Take Flare (Green)

ETC.

It can't be any good for performance having that many actions per weapon holder imo.

I've never experienced that issue.

- Slowdown due to fatigue

Yes, I can't wait for this. It was amazing already in beta.

Just a couple things I've noticed since yesterdays update, one, the FOB compositions for zeus are pretty screwed up, it appears due to the issue of H-barriers not actually lining up with their in-editor icons. So, we've got hescos that clip through each other, buildings, all sorts of dumb shit (the portapotties go flying as soon as you put it down). The hasty roadblock's razor wire almost always collapses immediately, maybe because one of the pylons is poorly placed? This h-barrier not lining up with editor icons problem has been around since Alpha. I'm surprised the devs haven't realized it yet.

The other is a huge black pixely mass in the sky towards the east. Oddly its blocked by terrain.

Anyone else have these issues?

The other is a huge black pixely mass in the sky towards the east. Oddly its blocked by terrain.

YES, I was wondering what in the hell that was. It looks pure white in the dark with NVGs on. I have some screens I can post if necessary...some sort of skymap glitch or something.

EDIT: Here are some pics:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233281312 With NVGs

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233281298 In the dark without NVGs

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233281318 Look who it is over the horizon!

Edited by MavericK96

Added ticket to tracker:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17582

Take Slash Bandolier

Take Flare (Green)

Take Flare (Green)

Take Flare (Green)

ETC.

I've never had this happen as well. in my survival mission I have on average 7500+ items (weaponHolders) all over the map and each 1 has only ever had 1 action since arma 3 has been out. oh, and the shadow thing you mentioned as well has been around for a while. same mission was started in arma2 then when arma 3 came out I ported it over and both have had issues with the shadow of items being seen thru building some times.

I'm having that, too. It's blocked by objects, buildings, terrain, but for some odd reason reticules of the ACO [Green] (only sight I tested) sights are always behind it.

Can someone make a FT ticket and post it here?

I see it's not just me with the error in the sky.

To reproduce: Stratis, standard editor date 6th of July 2035. It rises out of the sea ~18:54 at 117° and sinks again ~05:12 at 240°

Seems to be a problem with the moon or starbox as it moves with them, there are times when it disappears inbetween these hours.

I've never had this happen as well. in my survival mission I have on average 7500+ items (weaponHolders) all over the map and each 1 has only ever had 1 action since arma 3 has been out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101800212/wh_1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101800212/wh_2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101800212/wh_3.png

Doesn't happen all the time, just seems to certain combinations of items.

...stuf...

It's not only affecting groundWeaponHolders, this happened to one of the crates in the campaign. There was at least 20 actions or something.

Have you made a ticket yet?

snip

No, not yet. You were all saying you couldn't see it on your PC's so I didn't bother.

wow, that's crazy bud.. never seen that before. I even tried to replicate what you showed with no luck at all by spawning big pile of items all on 1 holder

_holder = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", position player, [], 0.5, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["7Rnd_408_Mag",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["9Rnd_45ACP_Mag",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Chemlight_blue",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["SmokeShell",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["HandGrenade",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["6Rnd_45ACP_Cylinder",1];
_holder addWeaponCargoGlobal ["srifle_EBR_MRCO_pointer_F", 1];
_holder addBackpackCargoGlobal ["B_FieldPack_oucamo", 1];
_holder addItemCargoGlobal ["V_PlateCarrierL_CTRG",1];

but it just has the inventory option and shows all listed items. I even tried spawning several items on top of each over each with there own wepholder and you could only pickup and see them one at a time but not the list like you show with multiple take actions.

the one thing I did notice from your pics is it shows a take action for items that cant be seen for whatever reason. like the one pic had 3 take ammo actions and take ech helmet but pic only shows mags on ground. another pic did same thing only vest was missing and ammo showing. I couldn't replicate that effect as well. curious to know what causes this issue you have..

Had that a few times, can't really tell where it's coming from, can't really reproduce this.

Guys, I noticed some strange thing on a night sky.

thumb.png

Guys, I noticed some strange thing on a night sky.

You could have read the previous page before posting.

wow, that's crazy bud.. never seen that before. I even tried to replicate what you showed with no luck at all by spawning big pile of items all on 1 holder

_holder = createVehicle ["GroundWeaponHolder", position player, [], 0.5, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["7Rnd_408_Mag",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["9Rnd_45ACP_Mag",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Chemlight_blue",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["SmokeShell",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["HandGrenade",1];
_holder addMagazineCargoGlobal ["6Rnd_45ACP_Cylinder",1];
_holder addWeaponCargoGlobal ["srifle_EBR_MRCO_pointer_F", 1];
_holder addBackpackCargoGlobal ["B_FieldPack_oucamo", 1];
_holder addItemCargoGlobal ["V_PlateCarrierL_CTRG",1];

but it just has the inventory option and shows all listed items. I even tried spawning several items on top of each over each with there own wepholder and you could only pickup and see them one at a time but not the list like you show with multiple take actions.

the one thing I did notice from your pics is it shows a take action for items that cant be seen for whatever reason. like the one pic had 3 take ammo actions and take ech helmet but pic only shows mags on ground. another pic did same thing only vest was missing and ammo showing. I couldn't replicate that effect as well. curious to know what causes this issue you have..

Cool, thanks for the detailed reply, it's helping me get my head round this.

I've been touring around my mission staring at piles of loot and checking them out. (Not the most exciting use of time but anyway) ;)

As you say, it doesn't seem to be multiple holders in the same location. I checked my code and I'm pretty confident that it's only one holder per location. To check, I did some simple nearestObjects checks against ["weaponHolder"] in 2 meter radius of the location and it only returns one object so I guess that isn't the culprit.

Well spotted vis a vis the 'missing' objects. I think what was happening was they were close to walls and because there was quite a few items/mags/guns in the weapon holder it was pushing some of the models into the walls so it looked like they weren't there.

I found a couple of holders earlier today where I could see all the contents and they still had multiple actions. I took some screenshots and will try in a bit to see if those specific combinations do the same thing if I do what you did in your post (ie spawn a WH with those contents).

Thinking about it, there was a problem where the "house envelope" was causing actions to not appear in some weapon holders (it's mentioned here in the changelog).

ENGINE

Fixed: Crash in Showcases / Challenges displays

Fixed: Problem with missing action on weapon holder when holder is near an object with a big envelope

IIRC, that's around the time this weirdness started so it's possible it could be linked. However, past experience has taught me that my first instinct is to blame BIS for changes, and then find out it's actually something I've done, so I'll see if there's anything else going on with my code before throwing my toys out of the pram. :D

Edited by Das Attorney
Wrong smiley thing used.

Cool, thanks for the detailed reply, it's helping me get my head round this.

I've been touring around my mission staring at piles of loot and checking them out. (Not the most exciting use of time but anyway) ;)

As you say, it doesn't seem to be multiple holders in the same location. I checked my code and I'm pretty confident that it's only one holder per location. To check, I did some simple nearestObjects checks against ["weaponHolder"] in 2 meter radius of the location and it only returns one object so I guess that isn't the culprit.

Well spotted vis a vis the 'missing' objects. I think what was happening was they were close to walls and because there was quite a few items/mags/guns in the weapon holder it was pushing some of the models into the walls so it looked like they weren't there.

I found a couple of holders earlier today where I could see all the contents and they still had multiple actions. I took some screenshots and will try in a bit to see if those specific combinations do the same thing if I do what you did in your post (ie spawn a WH with those contents).

Thinking about it, there was a problem where the "house envelope" was causing actions to not appear in some weapon holders (it's mentioned here in the changelog).

IIRC, that's around the time this weirdness started so it's possible it could be linked. However, past experience has taught me that my first instinct is to blame BIS for changes, and then find out it's actually something I've done, so I'll see if there's anything else going on with my code before throwing my toys out of the pram. :D

ah yes, I remember that bug that prevented picking up anything in a building. after a few days of that I made a function to fix it because that had happened 1 other time for about a week or 2.

waitUntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
menu = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if (_this select 1 in actionKeys "Gear") then {call VIR_fnc_checkFloor};"];

// function to check nearby wepholders and link it to gear menu
VIR_fnc_checkFloor = {

_floor = nearestObjects [player, ["WeaponHolderSimulated", "GroundWeaponHolder","WeaponHolder_Single_F"], 3];  
if (!isNil {_floor}) then 
{
	//hint format ["%1",{typeOf _x} foreach  _floor];
	player action ["Gear", _floor select 0];
};
};

worse this code does is force you to use the action menu to pickup stuff because if you press "I" to open inventory when wep holders are working this function will close it right back up because it calls the gear action again.

but if BI should ever have issue again with picking up things this script will save you :)

Letter "f" is bugged when interface size is set to small:

DUnAZWR.png