What happens if you ask an injured guy to report status? (5-5)

Does he just say his position?

Yes, that's correct. Only position.

That would explain why I have better performance with it than SSAO, being an ATI user.

Yay!

it have way better performance on nvidia also...

I don't agree. SSAO is looking far more subtle and realistic than HBAO. An option is an option.

SSAO more realistic? what?...

SSAO effect not even worth the -20fps that it eats but only create bunch of people crying about low fps

Personal preference clearly beats academic research and algorithms, regardless of what is "more physically correct". So if someone finds SSAO looks more subtle and realistic than HBAO to them, it's a bit rude to call that a "weird opinion". Why on earth would it matter if HBAO is left in as an option for those who prefer it anyway?

didn't ask for complete remove but removing from settings presets so people who set very high, ultra will expect to see best and not get potato that is also real fps killer

even AA x8 don't eat fps so much

Edited by CrazyBaron

it have way better performance on nvidia also...

SSAO more realistic? what?...

SSAO effect not even worth the -20fps that it eats but only create bunch of people crying about low fps

didn't ask for complete remove but removing from settings presets so people who set very high, ultra will expect to see best and not get potato that is also real fps killer

even AA x8 don't eat fps so much

Yes, I find SSAO to be more realistic and more subtle than HDAO and HBAO. Do you have any problem with that? With all settings maxed out the SSAO method, to me, was closest to the photorealism. HDAO and HBAO looks like a gimmick to me. It is more pronounced (and therefore people have a feeling that it is worth it) but that is not what I am looking for. Thanks for understanding.

And your argument about FPS is just about FPS. It has no value in discussion about photorealism whatsoever. So if somebody has a system that is capable of computing SSAO fast enough then they should have the option to use it. SSAO is simply visually superior for someone. Deal with it.

HDAO and HBAO are like a cheap subwoofer. A lot of boom and mud (so kids can feel like badasses) but no precise, controlled and subtle bass to enjoy in a complex, detailed context.

Edited by Bouben

Yes, I find SSAO to be more realistic and more subtle than HDAO and HBAO. Do you have any problem with that? With all settings maxed out the SSAO method, to me, was closest to the photorealism. HDAO and HBAO looks like a gimmick to me. It is more pronounced (and therefore people have a feeling that it is worth it) but that is not what I am looking for. Thanks for understanding.

And your argument about FPS is just about FPS. It has no value in discussion about photorealism whatsoever. So if somebody has a system that is capable of computing SSAO fast enough then they should have the option to use it. SSAO is simply visually superior for someone. Deal with it.

HDAO and HBAO are like a cheap subwoofer. A lot of boom and mud (so kids can feel like badasses) but no precise, controlled and subtle bass to enjoy in a complex, detailed context.

why would i have problem with opinion when HDAO or HBAO > SSAO is a fact? /o

if HDAO and HBAO not precise and for kids then what kind is SSAO? maybe it's time to learn how they work?

Edited by CrazyBaron

why would i have problem with opinion when HBAO>SSAO is a fact? /o

if HDAO and HBAO not precise and for kids then what kind is SSAO? maybe it's time to learn how they work?

I absolutely don't care at all how mathematically correct the HBAO is. All I care about is the final effect it produces and I consider that effect to be inferior to the SSAO effect (at least in the context of Arma 3).

I have no idea if the HDAO and HBAO are just wrongly configured in Arma 3, but they look bad. That is all.

I absolutely don't care at all how mathematically correct the HBAO is. All I care about is the final effect it produces and I consider that effect to be inferior to the SSAO effect (at least in the context of Arma 3).

I have no idea if the HDAO and HBAO are just wrongly configured in Arma 3, but they look bad. That is all.

There is no HBAO in Arma 3.

To be totally honest, I noticed BARELY any difference between having SSAO on or off visually...only real difference was the massive performance hit. To be honest I wondered if it was even working at all.

HDAO is way more noticeable in what it does and the performance is far better.

That is my experience, anyway.

There is no HBAO in Arma 3.

You may be right, cause I did not bothered to look. Whatever HD it is in Arma 3, that is what I am talking about.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

To be totally honest, I noticed BARELY any difference between having SSAO on or off visually...only real difference was the massive performance hit. To be honest I wondered if it was even working at all.

HDAO is way more noticeable in what it does and the performance is far better.

That is my experience, anyway.

That is what I am talking about. More noticeable does not mean necessarily better in my book. SSAO in Arma 3 is subtle but will have great impact on the overall feeling of a scene if conditions are right. I could get almost photorealistic results in some interiors with SSAO. Not possible with HDAO on my PC.

Edited by Bouben

That is what I am talking about. More noticeable does not mean necessarily better in my book. SSAO in Arma 3 is subtle but will have great impact on the overall feeling of a scene if conditions are right. I could get almost photorealistic results in some interiors with SSAO. Not possible with HDAO on my PC.

Fair enough, though for how little I actually notice it, it is not worth the massive performance drop as I mentioned...for me, anyway. I think HDAO looks better simply because it actually makes a visual difference for me, whereas SSAO only does in a very limited number of circumstances. Most of the time with SSAO running I wouldn't know whether it was on or not, except for the performance loss.

Ironically, most articles on the subject seem to indicate that SSAO should be the faster and less accurate method...certainly not faster in the case of ArmA 3. Leads me to wonder if it's actually bugged in some way.

Fair enough, though for how little I actually notice it, it is not worth the massive performance drop as I mentioned...for me, anyway. I think HDAO looks better simply because it actually makes a visual difference for me, whereas SSAO only does in a very limited number of circumstances. Most of the time with SSAO running I wouldn't know whether it was on or not, except for the performance loss.

Ironically, most articles on the subject seem to indicate that SSAO should be the faster and less accurate method...certainly not faster in the case of ArmA 3. Leads me to wonder if it's actually bugged in some way.

It's probably not well implemented, I get performance drops when SSAO is activated even when looking at the sky or at the ground, whereas it's not the same with HDAO.

I can't see much of a performance difference between none-SSAO-HDAO. They're all +/- 3% FPS.

So when will this bug be fixed? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=116

I fell in love with the free floating zone in 2001, and the addition of TrackIR in Armed Assault was fantastic. As I been playing with both since then it is an integral part of "who I am" inside the game, I just can't play without one or the other. I so want to play but I can't enjoy it and so far only logged 18 hours in A3 and I consider myself an armaholic....

Please pretty pretty please BIS.

Removed: SuperAI difficulty setting (part of a larger difficulty adjustments - OPREP soon)

Could the simpliest soulution of this radar settings suggestion fit into the adjusments patch?

BIS take care of the PVP, please! :)

Did anybody test the new MP vehicle optimisations? (I am not on dev branch))

why you don´t upgrate to dev, and test it. its a one click action. and own experience is much better than others.

why you don´t upgrate to dev, and test it. its a one click action. and own experience is much better than others.

For different reasons including time and internet bandwidth. Anyway, I don't want to start a debate here

:)

Yes, I find SSAO to be more realistic and more subtle than HDAO and HBAO. Do you have any problem with that? With all settings maxed out the SSAO method, to me, was closest to the photorealism. HDAO and HBAO looks like a gimmick to me.

HDAO just needs to be tuned are little. But i can't find huge diffirience between SSAO and HDAO(except performance, and occlusion radius sometime). Also, i can say that SSAO is old like mammoth sh. and implementing of HDAO is was are nice idea. At least, we got faster frames. And, what means realistic? AO is just are fake. Always.

p.s. I noticed that HDAO much more visible. At all.

Added: "Loadout" module, which allows Zeus to set which respawn loadouts are available to players

Does this mean that we can used loadout modules in general purposes(classic missions start-up/respawns).

Edited by Heneral

Its been a few weeks since I last had a mess around with A3, went on it earlier and I have to congratulate you devs, the performance is really much better. Smooth, constant frame rate even with a fair bit going on, its only in SP editor with 70 or so ai, but all fighting together in a large mash up. It really has improved, I didn’t have much of a problem before, provided I kept my vd down to around 1000-1800, now can top it up to 3000vd and still get great performance, that’s on my old Athlon 640 quad, all based on my previous settings graphics wise.

Great going BI, looks as though optimization may be a word we can finally talk about, seems better across four cores. Not necessarily faster fps wise, but steady, smooth, lag free, just seems faster in-game, even at the same rates as before, not sure what your playing with there, but provided its not going to make you blind;), keep doing it.

:)

Getting this at startup after todays dev update 27\02\2014 NO ENTRY'config.bin/CfgDifficulties\Recruit/Flags.UltraAI'.

Edited by Jim Brown

I now got ~1900 hours played in Arma3 and i am heavy amused and disappointed at the same time when i see how much protection the water have. AI swimming in ocean is just laughing when a Tank hits them in the water right in the face... 1900hours and still not fixed ...

:(

Getting this at startup after todays dev update 27\02\2014 NO ENTRY'config.bin/CfgDifficulties\Recruit/Flags.UltraAI'.

Confirmed. We are sorry about that. Part of the change didn't make it properly into the build.

ENGINE

Now ignoring animals in statistics

NOOOOOO!!!!! Put it back, put it back!

Added CheckBox control to GUI editor

Neato, now how about some of the other controls missing like a Map control or a Tree List control? :)

Whats going on with all the error messages that started yesterday why aren't you guy's packing things right its getting pretty annoying.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit/Flags.UltraAI'.
Warning Message: []: '/' not an array
Cannot evaluate '' - no file
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Regular/Flags.UltraAI'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Veteran/Flags.UltraAI'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Mercenary/Flags.UltraAI'.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture a3\ui_f_curator\data\eye_ca.paa.

Can you hot fix these errors please, I mean come on guy's your suppose to be professionals.