With regards to the latest OPREP: Refacturing Anims, while you are at it, could you have a look at this ticket? This is about the movement/animation of magazines when reloading a weapon.

Right now, the way to model a magazine is clunky at best.

1. Magazines can only be moved in a straight line, or must be animated with a lot of entries in model.cfg to obtain anything but a natural looking reload that matches up with the hand movement.
  2. Reload of the weapon is tied to the weapon, not the muzzle or the reload gesture used in the specific case. This has a number of additional negative implications, like

1. The magazine going out of the weapon is always animated, even if a different muzzle like the grenade launcher is reloaded.
    2. Standing and prone animations must line up 100 percent or one of them will not look correct.

[*]Movement must be very carefully synchronized with the RTM

[*]The weapon needs to be still while the magazine is moving or the extra movement of the detached magazine will look very weird.

Therefore, I proposed two possible alternatives in the ticket:

Option 1: Make it possible to use an RTM/skeleton to animate reload and other aspects of gun movement.

Option 2: Add appropriate bones to OFP2_ManSkeleton

For option 1, it would be great to be able to give different animations for different muzzles (which would, in turn, mean that the grenade launcher breech could be opened/closed and a real grenade inserted in the anim). It would also be great if things like switching fire mode or switching to grenade launcher could have appropriate anims as well, so that the solider actually moves his hand to the fire selector and/or flips up the grenade launcher sight for GL's like the M203 and M320.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention these since you are working on the animation system. Things like that would IMO go a long way of adding polish to the game. Just compare how reloading in other games look (I don't want to call a certain Mr. Doody here for reference ;))

This x1000. Hopefully that might also enable different magazine models to be shown on the same weapon? For instance, if you use a 30 round magazine versus a 100 round one, we could see the model actually change.

Not that one, but it is relevant too. The one I was referring to is this:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16780

Looks like they're working on it but it's been quiet for a while.

EDIT: I got in my head it was gearSlotData, but actually the ones I'm after are for counting and setting the ammo count of magazines (like the old "gearIDCAmmoCount" and "gearSlotAmmoCount" commands).

Edited by Das Attorney

The thing is: I don't think this a bug. It's a cheap workaround for something, that should be an ambient effect.

This is how it looks to me in the editor with @alive, @cba, @a3mp, @caf_ag, @task_force_radio.

And if this effect has to draw polygons and one single AI, it has to be a factor with performance. (100 effect modules tracer = 100 AI + polygons of 100 boats)

http://i.imgur.com/0VALUCb.jpg

This is not a bug. It's not even in range of tolerance!

Edited by Novahot

the error i get is include file a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp not found any one else have this error?

Dont know if its the right thread for that, but would it be possible to fix the chicken? It looks disgusting....

Thanks a lot for letting us know, there has been some issue with material that has been fixed and should be ready today in dev branch :icon_twisted:

Thanks a lot for letting us know, there has been some issue with material that has been fixed and should be ready today in dev branch :icon_twisted:

Fantastic. Thank you very much :)

If you turn yourself and start shooting after that, only your first shot will have recoil, while some of the next will hit the same place because they don't have recoil.

In addition to that, some weapons have different recoil animation in different firemodes, which is really weird..

In regards to Alwarren's ideas regarding magazine animations, I think it would be nice if the magazine was a proxy on the model, which would then be hidden when reloading the gun and at the same time appear as a proxy on the animated character. At the same time, setting up these proxies would mean that we could have different magazines per the same weapon, and the proxy models could be used so that each dropped magazine has its own model on the ground.

Also, in regards to reloading various muzzles; we already have such a method for zeroing, through the animation sources zeroing1 and zeroing2; why not extend this to reloading1 and reloading2? Furthermore, perhaps it would be even better to allow selection of the anim source in the config of the magazine itself, so that it would be possible for a weapon like the m249 to have different animations based on being reloaded with a 30-round STANAG magazine, or a 100 round belt.

One last request: Could we have a manner of playing animations on the weapon through scripts? I would love to be able to animate something like a magazine-check, deploying a bipod, or topping-off the magazine on a weapon like the Mosin or SVT-40, through a script.

Edited by Kaelies

So, I used to be in the Dev Build, but opted out to be able to play with my friends, and now the option to opt back in is gone. Any idea what I should do?

So, I used to be in the Dev Build, but I was having compatibility issues playing with friends who weren't in it. I opted out, but now I'm trying to opt back in. Is this possible? Any guidance on the matter?

Has anybody noticed the Base Camp, Sleeping Tent and Vehicle Camp backpacks? The first two are player respawns, the third one I assume is vehicle respawn.

the error i get is include file a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp not found any one else have this error?

Is anyone going to answer this person's question because I have the exact same issue. I verefied the game cache, went back to regular version then back to dev version, then reinstalled it entirely. It's still not working.

When I look up the issue it ends with a lot of threads on other forums that also don't have the question answered.

"Include file a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp not found" after the game crashes by trying to make a multiplayer lobby with a password, 16 players, internet.

EDIT: I tried to redownload the normal version of the game and found that I had the same error even when not in the dev version. I haven't had a problem until yesterday when I was using Zeus in the editor on the dev version. Then I went to try and host a game and it happened.

Edited by DriftingNitro

Is anyone going to answer this person's question because I have the exact same issue. I verefied the game cache, went back to regular version then back to dev version, then reinstalled it entirely. It's still not working.

When I look up the issue it ends with a lot of threads on other forums that also don't have the question answered.

"Include file a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp not found" after the game crashes by trying to make a multiplayer lobby with a password, 16 players, internet.

EDIT: I tried to redownload the normal version of the game and found that I had the same error even when not in the dev version. I haven't had a problem until yesterday when I was using Zeus in the editor on the dev version. Then I went to try and host a game and it happened.

Hey their,

I encountered the same problem and was able to fix it in my case. This error is probably due to custom Zeus missions within your mpmissions folder (personal documents) or the mpmission folder in your Arma main directory. Latter was the case for me. Moving every mission out of these folders fixed the problem and I was able to open up lobbies again.

After looking into it a bit more, I found this line in one of the missions' describtion.ext: "#include "\a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp". It is most likley responsible for setting the alliances of the Independent side via the mission parameters. Anyhow, removing the line from the describtion.ext solved the problem and made the mission useable again.

Hope this helps you a little bit. ;)

Hey their,

I encountered the same problem and was able to fix it in my case. This error is probably due to custom Zeus missions within your mpmissions folder

After looking into it a bit more, I found this line in one of the missions' describtion.ext: "#include "\a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp". It is most likley responsible for setting the alliances of the Independent side via the mission parameters. Anyhow, removing the line from the describtion.ext solved the problem and made the mission useable again.

Hope this helps you a little bit. ;)

I was looking in completely the wrong place. I was trying to find the file in pervious versions of the game. Thanks so much! It's fixed now! I had no idea one line of code in a custom mission would render an entire feature useless.

Why when I look in the config viewer, does the "O_G_Offroad_01_armed_F" have two entries for Class EventHandlers?

They both have the same scripts assigned. Does this mean the scripts are ran twice when the vehicle fires or is killed?

All of the other Armed Offroads seem to be the same. I checked other types of vehicle and they only have one entry for their eventhandlers.

Just saw this in the changelog:

•Fixed: Problem with missing action on weapon holder when holder is near an object with a big envelope

I was having an issue where you could remove an item from the WH but after you do that, the option to interact with that WH again was removed.

Will check this later to see if it fixes it.

Some of you may know this great Mod, that overhauled completely vehicles behaviour and physics. Problem is, RedPhoenix himself stated that we should

not use this mod with the new updates since some important changes where made in the game engine.
This is a real shame, since his work was truly top notch.

Now I'm not asking BIS to revert to old game engine configuration, but could you elaborate a bit on what you changed, so that RedPhoenix (or someone else) can tweak the Mod to his former glory?

Thanks! :D

Yay!

Added: Zeus in ZGM missions can now place individual weapons and items

Fixed: Remotely controlled units were unable to leave vehicle or change roles (e.g., from gunner to driver). The restriction is now lifted.

Does this work for anyone? Can't really see any changes...

Zeus get a UI to place items like weapons and so on ?! Why not the editor ? -> A such Feature are still highly requested.

Edited by chrys45

Zeus get a UI to place item like weapons and so on ?! Why not the editor ?

According to the changelog, they're placeable in the editor as well.

Edited by MadDogX
typo