can we get "Objects (Lamps)" back into the 2D editor, since they are in the Zeus editor?

boris;2623024']This is not the same. On your video through the wall can look' date=' in Control tower can go.

Of course, look through the wall - too bad.[/quote']It's because buildings, rocks and trees are simply not there :p (it also happens with fences & hangar)

Btw does anyone know the related feedback tracker ? I was able to find these :

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13406

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8272

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17148

but nothing general about disappearing buildings/rocks/trees at ~45°

Edited by Neodammerung

It's because buildings, rocks and trees are simply not there :p (it also happens with fences & hangar)

I wonder how many chances, such as 100, that BIS will it all correct? 3-4?

Or as usual, 50 new species of butterflies and guys beating lightning?

:(

boris;2624425']I wonder how many chances' date=' such as 100, that BIS will it all correct? 3-4?

Or as usual, 50 new species of butterflies and guys beating lightning?

:([/quote']

Is this bug in the stable build?

Because otherwise being so bitchy about it is pretty unwarranted. This is dev build, if you don't want to do testing get out of this forum section and stick with the stable build.

Edit: Hmm bug reports look like this has affected some objects for a while, odd, never noticed it. But I doubt it was as bad as that video in the stable release.

Edited by Maddmatt

Is this bug in the stable build?

Because otherwise being so bitchy about it is pretty unwarranted. This is dev build, if you don't want to do testing get out of this forum section and stick with the stable build.

Edit: Hmm bug reports look like this has affected some objects for a while, odd, never noticed it. But I doubt it was as bad as that video in the stable release.

WRONG

He has every right to bitch about anything he finds in stable or dev branch. The purpose of the devbranch is to find bugs.

It was a nice surprise. They'll likely have mission options to disable lightning spam.

Regardless, great addition. Hopefully there will be more advanced options for dealing with the ai / managing them

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

The thing I would love to see would be disabling VON in global

I think the main purpose of the tracer module is ambient combat, I.e. you aren't supposed to go near it, really

WRONG

He has every right to bitch about anything he finds in stable or dev branch. The purpose of the devbranch is to find bugs.

You can report bugs without being rude. Obviously you were never taught manners.

Dev branch is going to have bugs because obviously it's where the experimental and early work is going to be, getting upset over it introducing issues is just stupid.

I never said anything against finding bugs, really can't see how you'd misunderstand my post that badly. I know very well what the purpose of the devbranch is.

Edited by Maddmatt

Various weapons, uniforms, vests, headgear and item holders are now placeable in editor and Zeus

Great additions, but could we also get empty weapon holders available to place in the editor?

Various weapons, uniforms, vests, headgear and item holders are now placeable in editor and Zeus

Off course, that are great additions, but the symbol (magazine crate ?!) are too large. Could you change that ?

Off course, that are great additions, but the symbol (magazine crate ?!) are too large. Could you change that ?

Good catch, I'll adjust that one, makes sense :icon_twisted:

Great additions, but could we also get empty weapon holders available to place in the editor?

That's going to be used for adding different item by scripting? It seems pretty easy to me to just remove the weapon from holder and place another instead, or is there any other point I am missing? :icon_twisted:

That's going to be used for adding different item by scripting? It seems pretty easy to me to just remove the weapon from holder and place another instead, or is there any other point I am missing? :icon_twisted:

Having an empty one is easier if you just want to place a different item, you can just place the empty weapon holder in the editor and use something like "this addWeaponCargo blahblah" in the init. Just seems easier and much cleaner than having a separate script or manually removing the previous items. Doesn't seem like any real loss to add an empty weapon holder to me :)

---------- Post added at 03:33 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

Pettka, could this ticket also be looked at/reviewed? http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17311

Would be a real improvement to us mission makers imo

they seem to sink in the ground a bit too.

Awesome update today, thanks BIS

So what is awesome about it? Not trolling, genuinely asking. Thank you!

Also, can somebody explain this?

Added: New variant for procedural destruct material

Also, can somebody explain this?

Added: New variant for procedural destruct material

I believe our artists our trying to improve the look of the generic wreck texturing (it was very plain and black). Not sure about the current state of it in today's update TBH :)

One of our programmers is looking at the object culling issue posted in a video previously.

That's good news, both of it. Thanks for responding.

I believe our artists our trying to improve the look of the generic wreck texturing (it was very plain and black). Not sure about the current state of it in today's update TBH :)

One of our programmers is looking at the object culling issue posted in a video previously.

Good to hear. Many games are still used to the myth that destroyed vehicles turn plain black instantly after exploding. This is simply not the case. Destroyed vehicles should have some black patches there and there, as shown here

368386.jpg

that is great news! i might have actually noticed something already regarding opacity of the damage layer. that one red small truck kept his colours partly when destroyed. but as the poster above me said i'd also go with a less even look. not totally separated patches but maybe a hint of that in the opacity layer. although i'm not sure if opacity is handled procedual or via an alpha channel.

I love you guys at BIS, you truly show how a Dev Team should interact with its userbase.

At the moment I'm not playing the game (both because of performance problems and because there are some aspects I really don't like) but I'm nonetheless happy to have paid for it, and this is just due to how you're working with the community.

I think 90% of game dev teams should learn from you in this regard.

Yay!