Error in expression <ersNew = _membersNew + [_x]};

} forEach _members;

_leader setVariable ["members">

Error position: <_members;

_leader setVariable ["members">

Error Undefined variable in expression: _members

File A3\functions_f\ambient\fn_animalBehaviour.sqf, line 308

on newest dev i get error

Should be fixed in next dev branch update. Thanks for letting us know!

Is anybody else having an issue with no sound from the slammer's main gun and the marid GMG or is it just me? Also, and I haven't tested for it in the latest dev update but I've been having an issue where when starting as a gunner in a vehicle with internal views ,such as the blackfoot or an ifrit, occasionally it wont let me use the weapon sights, forcing me to try to aim using PiP.

Is anybody else having an issue with no sound from the slammer's main gun and the marid GMG or is it just me?

I can confirm that. There is no sound for the Slammer and for the OPFOR MBT main gun.

I'd like to highlight a feedback ticket for reverting the "3D" scopes back to 2D. Current implementation has a number of flaws which really undermine its presense. If we're not getting proper PiP scopes, let us at least have proper "simple" 2D ones.

Edited by Gutsnav

No, this is better than 3d scopes, with the same zoom ;)
He already said "if we're not getting proper PiP scopes"...

He already said "if we're not getting proper PiP scopes"...

Whoops, somehow skipped like 3 words :P

I'm pleased that the devs are finally working on improving the ambient animal stuff, but the new implementation is actually more problematic than the old. Lots of errors being thrown: File A3\functions_f\ambient\fn_animalBehaviour.sqf, line 308 , and spawned grazing animals (goats/sheep) never actually stop to graze, but just mill about endlessly. I'm not being an anorak, the changes are impacting on my ambient animal mod

The resolution would have to be a lot better than that test in order for it to be useful. At that point performance might take a dive...dunno.

The resolution would have to be a lot better than that test in order for it to be useful. At that point performance might take a dive...dunno.

Well what is the black shroud from the old 2D scopes but a texture. Just RTT your normal view around the scope and put the actual higher resolution render inside the scope, throw some blur on the RTT area and you have a close approximation. Look at the way they do the SOS for instance, so it looks as though you're looking through a scope. Just RTT around the outside of the scope and have the "real" view zoomed in under the RTT and Scope overlay. It's kind of backwards trying to RTT the important part which is what you see through the scope, but rather use the RTT for the unimportant part which is the generally blurred area around the scope so you can still maintain some SA without having those uggo black shrouds and the bad 3D scope implementation we have now.

Some bugs in the latest dev branch:

Walking by/besides walking animals will damage you and eventually kill you.

Swimming is broken. Swim on land bug is back. Swim with weapon you get stuck. Swim unarmed and you can't stay upright in the water anymore.

Tested with soldiers and civilians. (Divers work as they are supposed to.)

Lean don't work for unarmed characters.( except briefly between stance changes) I also got stuck in a strange slow motion run several times.

"Updated: Thunder sounds" : Still sounds like someone throwing nails at a tin bucket, for close to medium distance lighting.

Far away lightning sounds good.

And thunder sounds rotate along with the character. This apply to a lot of other sounds in the game as well.

AI under your control will get unresponsive after you have issued a lot of commands. E.g 'Get cover' will not work after you have issued 10+ random commands like advance, flank etc. Try to regroup and you will see the AI do nothing when given the 'get cover' command.

Smoke deployment don't work in some vehicles. Cheetah, Gorgon and Tigris.

Will try to make some tickets when I'm back from work. If these things aren't already known?

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

Wow! Very nice to see a real PiP scope in Arma! Now, I've used Google translate in order to get the idea of what author is saying in his comments and it seems he really got this thing to work. It has issues like shadows or smoke not being drawn but it does work. Now, my idea is exactly as someone already mentioned, if it's possible, do a reverse PiP, where area inside scope becomes main rendering and outside becomes PiP. Blur it up a bit and you wont probably even notice issues with shadows and smoke and even if you do it would be worth if you ask me.

Wow! Very nice to see a real PiP scope in Arma! Now, I've used Google translate in order to get the idea of what author is saying in his comments and it seems he really got this thing to work. It has issues like shadows or smoke not being drawn but it does work. Now, my idea is exactly as someone already mentioned, if it's possible, do a reverse PiP, where area inside scope becomes main rendering and outside becomes PiP. Blur it up a bit and you wont probably even notice issues with shadows and smoke and even if you do it would be worth if you ask me.

If you pay attention you can see how it works. There's a small circular PIP object in front of the scope that he creates and removes via the radio menu. The issues with shadows, particles and other stuff are the same as with the other PIP stuff in the game.

If you pay attention you can see how it works. There's a small circular PIP object in front of the scope that he creates and removes via the radio menu. The issues with shadows, particles and other stuff are the same as with the other PIP stuff in the game.

I prefer this, as it is more realistic scope should be

Thx for explanation! Could you maybe point me into right direction here; is there any guide or explanation on the subject of creating PiP objects in A3? My idea could still work maybe, it's just that instead of making circle I'd try with plane with hole around scope, essentially I'd be making geometry mask... PP blur/darkening could still be applied on top of that thus masking issues with PiP. It might introduce some other glitches because of movement but I would like to try it out.

Edited by Minoza

I wonder whether it's possible to mod a scope so that it has the PiP "disc" as part of the model? No need to do fancy repositioning maths (which lags a bit on rapid scope movement) like the

Edited by tpw

Thx for explanation! Could you maybe point me into right direction here; is there any guide or explanation on the subject of creating PiP objects in A3? My idea could still work maybe, it's just that instead of making circle I'd try with plane with hole around scope, essentially I'd be making geometry mask... PP blur/darkening could still be applied on top of that thus masking issues with PiP. It might introduce some other glitches because of movement but I would like to try it out.

This is the best I could find, I'm sure there's documentation on the forums.

The idea is ok, but some problems are:

• You'd need to account for multimonitor setups. Very wide PIP planes could be a major performance loss
  • You'd need different, specialized PIP planes for each scope
  • I do not think it's possible to selectively blur the areas of the screen (making the hole in the blur)
  • Blur can be expensive
  • Last I've heard, weapons and attachments do not support PIP, so the plane would have to be an external object

This is the best I could find, I'm sure there's documentation on the forums.

The idea is ok, but some problems are:

• You'd need to account for multimonitor setups. Very wide PIP planes could be a major performance loss
  • You'd need different, specialized PIP planes for each scope
  • I do not think it's possible to selectively blur the areas of the screen (making the hole in the blur)
  • Blur can be expensive
  • Last I've heard, weapons and attachments do not support PIP, so the plane would have to be an external object

Thank you for taking your time to answer me! I'll give it a read and see if I can come up with something useful.

Broken link?

Sorry, I meant:

PiP for scopes is a good idea in theory, however, BIS has yet to fix the stuttering that occurs for those of us who have SLI...that would make scopes useless for us. Not to mention that the PiP in the video is slightly blurry and not very clear. Every scope I've ever looked through makes the target look more clear, more crisp, and much bigger.

12-02-2014

EXE rev. 115252

Size: ~160 MB

DATA

Mk200 has correct tracer color

So the Mk200 now spites out red tracers? If that is the case, I am a happy man.

But I hope the mags with the green tracers are still in the game...

Shouldn't it be using yellow tracers?