I think you missed physics class and biology, listen to MadocComadrin.

You're making up all these assumptions. This is an age-old myth with no basis on reality. Stop reading all this shit from some CoD facts forum.

Have you ever seen how small a 50. cal bullet is?

Not to mention, it's developed to be as aerodynamic as possible.

You'd require something like an ion cannon to produce any sort of local trauma to the human skin with an over-pressure blast from a projectile going past you.

Source: My unit's captain.

Can we maybe get back on topic please?

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

To bring the topic back to the Minigun firerate issue, I would prefer to see the Arma 2 solution where they spawned multiple rounds per frame. And it does not really affect the performance:

I adjustet my video settings to have a constant framerate of 30 FPS, but even the 4000 rpm mode just lowers the framerate to 29 FPS.

If I have stable 55 FPS and zoom in, it costs 5 fps, but this is still much better than the splash damage solution.

Do you mean real life 2A42 is incapable of piercing even Armor of real life wheeled APCs? Sorry I don't understand what you mean, If you mean the real life values of an 2A42 wouldn't even scratch the defensive values of a wheeled apc from arma3, that leads me to ask why are the values so high for the vehicles?

At least Patria AMV is protected from penetration up to 30x173 APFSDS (~110mm RHA) up front. Side armor is 30mm thick, at most angles it's also barely penetrable by 2A42 AP rounds.

To bring the topic back to the Minigun firerate issue, I would prefer to see the Arma 2 solution where they spawned multiple rounds per frame. And it does not really affect the performance:

I adjustet my video settings to have a constant framerate of 30 FPS, but even the 4000 rpm mode just lowers the framerate to 29 FPS.

If I have stable 55 FPS and zoom in, it costs 5 fps, but this is still much better than the splash damage solution.

Yes, absolutely. And in "real" strafing runs it even looks much better than the video.

Satchel Charges still do NOTHING to an empty Tigris, not even a scratch?! Breakes my mission atm. I have condition

damage aa1>0.1
and then on onAct
aa1 setDamage 1

It does nothing...not even a scratch of the paint. Means the Tigris gets not even 0.1 damage!Tried Satchels and bombs, this really has to be fixed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_OgrHbvnUY#t=427

6.5 mm can destroy light vehicles with 15 rounds. 6.5 mm can destroy heavy armored turret with a 15-20 shot.

The idea is good. But the realization (as always)) ... The rifle can damage the optics, but should not disable the heavy turret or explode armored vehicle!

At least Patria AMV is protected from penetration up to 30x173 APFSDS (~110mm RHA) up front. Side armor is 30mm thick, at most angles it's also barely penetrable by 2A42 AP rounds.

Plus the AMV in A3 looks like it is based on the Denel Badger, which is an upgraded AMV with relatively superior protection.

i thin the distant thunder is a good sound (maybe a bit longer roll-off occasionally), but the closeup lightning just doesn't have that 'crack' - to me it sounds too bangy. imho. anyone else?

Wonder what that means?

DATA

Updated: Thunder sounds

Added: New parameter musicClass for all music tracks

Added: Battlefield sound objects

There is a storm coming.

Or is it simply "Data storm coming"?

Could be also only the forecast for the czech weather=)^^

Makes me think of this: (not that I think the MP thingy is Terminator related).

Sarah Connor: What did he just say?

Gas Station Attendant: He said there's a storm coming in.

Sarah Connor: [sighs] I know.

why the Big Church are not open? and there is also a building that is part of the solar plant that is not open. They looks like nice buildings to do CQB or HQ meetings for missions

i know its not my position to, but as a public service announcement -

Please Re-check your Old Tickets - is it still a bug even tho nobody acknowledged your ticket? have you checked the Wiki?

many bugs have been fixed that either weren't assigned a ticket, or never got marked as duplicates. (or aren't even real tickets, do your research!) responsibility in bug submission is ensuring your active tickets are still valid. close them if they are not

As a community we can do the developers and Us a favor and help flush out stale tickets

personally i was able to delete 5 that were never acknowledged, but at some point were resolved, or only marked fixed in other tickets...

thanks for your time - pete

Please Re-check your Old Tickets - is it still a bug even tho nobody acknowledged your ticket? have you checked the Wiki?

many bugs have been fixed that either weren't assigned a ticket, or never got marked as duplicates. (or aren't even real tickets, do your research!) responsibility in bug submission is ensuring your active tickets are still valid. close them if they are not

As a community we can do the developers and Us a favor and help flush out stale tickets

personally i was able to delete 5 that were never acknowledged, but at some point were resolved, or only marked fixed in other tickets...

How do you delete tickets? i have a few that are obsolete / denied.

I don't think we should delete them. They're there for project management purposes and the tickets can have other uses even after developing of ArmA 3 has ceased.

I don't think we should delete them. They're there for project management purposes and the tickets can have other uses even after developing of ArmA 3 has ceased.

they are still in the system. all you are able to do is mark them 'CLOSED' from within the ticket. this way it clears the list of what should only be active bugs.

i should have used the word Close instead of delete...

you can see em all through the tracker if you go into 'View Issues' and set a filter in 'advanced filter' to show only closed tickets. that count is up to 8629

Edited by dr_strangepete

I'm getting a strange bug on the dev branch.

Using getPos & getPosATL returns incorrect Z-values for projectiles in flight. The Z-value is double the real height above surface/terrain.

they are still in the system. all you are able to do is mark them 'CLOSED' from within the ticket. this way it clears the list of what should only be active bugs.

i should have used the word Close instead of delete...

you can see em all through the tracker if you go into 'View Issues' and set a filter in 'advanced filter' to show only closed tickets. that count is up to 8629

I second this. I'd ballpark estimate the number of already fixed bugs to be around 50% of current open issues.

Hence, if you actually want developers to look at actual problems, it's in your best interest to close out-of-date requests.

Hence, if you actually want developers to look at actual problems, it's in your best interest to close out-of-date requests.

We do have our QA teams going through issues and verifying current state whenever possible, but your help in doing so and cleaning up is much appreciated :)

New Vehicle gunner reticles and sight modes are fantastic, much appreciated BI.

Will the optics for the RCWS equipped vehicles be updated at some point also?