So the previous state was only supporting gunner (or pilot in manual fire) weapons? I have some interest in how to utilize this without having to create a custom CfgWeapons, or must I do so to utilize weapons besides the ASRAAM and the DAGR?

There is no other way around that using a specific weapon with said holdsterAnimValue.

To be sincere, it wasn't me working on the fix, I just know about it :icon_twisted:

*sigh* Can I ask this question again: Can we expect to see the briefing inventory back in the Multiplayer briefing any time soon? This is a major issue; adjusting the loadout of AI during multiplayer is a mess without it, and placing an ammo crate in the mission is not really a convincing option when you are inserted by helicopter or boat or similar.

@Alwarren I highly recommend LEA for this if you dont know yet. Also Choppers and other vehicles can very easily be equiqued with stuff. Having this feature for MP would be still nice, indeed.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23852

I know LEA, but it isn't the solution to this problem. Neither is VAS - I dislike VAS, not for being VAS but for the fact that people that use it just offer you unlimited amounts of everything. I believe VAS can limit the offered weapons, but nobody seems to do this.

Stuff in Choppers are not a solution either. While you are inside, you cannot access your inventory, and you most certainly cannot equip AI.

What I expect from the briefing loadout is options. Narrow options. A mission should be made so that the default loadout of your guys is sufficient to finish the mission, and a few extra weapons or items in the briefing should give different tactical options - for example, put in an extra ABR for the option to have a second marksman, or an extra AT backpack... things like that, you get what I mean. What I certainly dislike (and I was guilty of doing that in the past myself) is an overloaded briefing were everybudy can essentially pick whatever he wants. I consider that lazy mission design. I also consider it lazy design when you need explosives for a mission but none of your soldiers has them, and you are expected to take them out of a crate or VAS.

IMO, the pre-mission briefing inventory is the ideal place for that, more so since it allows you to swap equipment between players as well. Unfortunately, there is no way to swap roles during the briefing (The briefing and slot-in screen are essentially in the wrong order, you should know what is coming before you have to pick a role).

Bottom line, there is a strong necessity for the briefing inventory, especially in multiplayer.

Hence my question :)

Stuff in Choppers are not a solution either. While you are inside, you cannot access your inventory, and you most certainly cannot equip AI.

You were able to access gear in vehicles, choppers included, in Arma 2, by using the map interface (unit inside vehicle name > inventory). Is that not possible in Arma 3?

You were able to access gear in vehicles, choppers included, in Arma 2, by using the map interface (unit inside vehicle name > inventory). Is that not possible in Arma 3?

Not that I know of, since there seems to be no inventory access on the map in multiplayer.

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

which was imo unrealistic.

You mean, like, I cannot tell the guy over at the other seat to swap his gun with the guy next to him, or use some stuff stowed under the seat? Yeah, pretty much unrealistic, considering how loud the rotor blade is.

And even IF it were unrealistic (which it isn't), I invite you to study closely your own bloody signature, where you poke fun at people wanting , irealism. And even IF it were unrealistic and even IF you weren't poking fun at realism or people that WANT realism (which you are), it's a game. A game were you normally would have a briefing inventory dialog where you can do things like that in the briefing, but in absence of the latter, need to resort to something that is possible within the given framework.

I said it before, and I say it again, Neurofunker. You do not need to defend every little thing that is clearly, CLEARLY a feature that hasn't been implemented so far. It had been in before and was taken out because it had issues. Don't try to reason something that isn't reasonable, because that is exactly what you always do, and thus attempt to suffocate any discussion.

Please stop, we know Arma3 has no bug at all, everything is working as devs wants and it's the greatest game ever made which leaves no room for improvement

FIX: Fixed initial launch position for vehicle launched ATGM and SAM missiles on armoured vehicles

the smoke and particle effects still come from the same missile tube every time.

The briefing inventory was working in the campaign last week . I got access to the gear available in the camp. So it must be partly implemented.

The briefing inventory was working in the campaign last week . I got access to the gear available in the camp. So it must be partly implemented.

It works in singleplayer but not multiplayer

Your blindness is becoming problematic. I advise you to take a brake.

There is no other way around that using a specific weapon with said holdsterAnimValue.

To be sincere, it wasn't me working on the fix, I just know about it :icon_twisted:

I'm sorry, but I did not understand this answer.

For my F-35B port, one of the weapons would be the ASRAAM, which as a weapon previously used with maxHoldsterValue on the AH-99 Blackfoot I imagine I can use without requiring a custom CfgWeapons entry... just place the normal weapon proxy on the model inside the weapon bay, have the relevant hide anim and "weapon bay door" anim in model.cfg, and reuse the script used by the Blackfoot?

What about weapons that are not used on the Blackfoot, such as the Zephyr or the GBU-12?

I'm sorry, but I did not understand this answer.

For my F-35B port, one of the weapons would be the ASRAAM, which as a weapon previously used with maxHoldsterValue on the AH-99 Blackfoot I imagine I can use without requiring a custom CfgWeapons entry... just place the normal weapon proxy on the model inside the weapon bay, have the relevant hide anim and "weapon bay door" anim in model.cfg, and reuse the script used by the Blackfoot?

What about weapons that are not used on the Blackfoot, such as the Zephyr or the GBU-12?

Well, the script used in AH-99 is actually obsolete and is used just to hide rockets already shot form the bay (correct way is to do it via model.cfg) :icon_evil:

All the weapons used in the bays should have at least some holdsterAnimValue set, that means You are right - no need to set the value for ASRAAMs as they already have it, You just need to set it for the rest (Zephyrs and GBU-12). Just use animations with source maxHoldsterValue accordingly :icon_twisted:

Hey, will you guys allow the Warrior's proxies to be retextured? It'd be very nice. :286: I'll ruv you forevr BIS plz?

ATM retexturing proxies is not possible.

By the way, please test tanks vs. small obstacles, there's little something in today's dev branch that could potentially improve the issue of tracked vehicles getting stuck randomly.

ENGINE

Do not send near-zero damage and request for bleeding to buildings (MP optimization)

What does the above do?

Exactly what it says on the tin. Shooting a building now causes less useless lines of code to run, hopefully improving FPS.

Exactly what it says on the tin. Shooting a building now causes less useless lines of code to run, hopefully improving FPS.

I think its meant to say Shooting a building now causes less and less lines of code to run, hopefully improving FPS.

I've been told that buildings are moved underground when destroyed, Is this right?

...and if so, surely that means building amounts are doubled each time a building is destroyed, ie 10 buildings on map, destroy all ten, you then have 10 buildings underground and ten rubble buildings above ground.

No idea if this is a problem with the recent dev build, but I noticed that laser guided artillery shells are not laser-guided at all. In fact, they never hit even near the designated target.

No idea if this is a problem with the recent dev build, but I noticed that laser guided artillery shells are not laser-guided at all. In fact, they never hit even near the designated target.

I tested them when the Arty units were released and some time later, they did never hit anything for me either.

Just switched to dev branch thinking i would get better performance and boom! I lost 10-11 fps in altis and 3-5 in stratis! Why is that? Dev is suppose to be improving the game!