Can anybody confirm that the AAF Officer's hiddenSelections are broken?

I tried changing the texture for selection "Camo" (as defined in the BIS config) to another texture and it didn't do anything, still the same regular texture. Attempting to change it via setObjectTexture doesn't yield any results either.

Try Camo1 and Camo2 in your config.

Maybe they have some properties of a flak jacket, why not..

why only for the grenadier? he's wearing the same vest as everyone else. the opfor grenadier do not wear plates, only load bearing vests. and again, just because his name is grenadier, does not mean he gets closer to grenades than everyone else. modern grenadiers also use long range projectiles that have a minimum arming distance so there is no danger.

i'm trying to understand bis' logic behind this change.

Impacts of bullets cause soldiers to ragdoll a bit even if they are fully absorbed by armor

Sounds interesting - changing from stable to dev to check this out.

Impacts of bullets cause soldiers to ragdoll a bit even if they are fully absorbed by armor

Can someone make a video of this?

Alive ragdoll effects? As in dynamic transitioning between animation and ragdoll?

Guess not: "ragdoll a bit".

But video of it in action, please. Now. And I do mean now. (At work at the moment, and we're not allowed to play Arma here.)

Alive ragdoll effects? As in dynamic transitioning between animation and ragdoll?

Guess not: "ragdoll a bit".

I know i would like to know too, but im guessing they have just made them bob like apples floating on water even more than they do already.

When are the blending animations pre and post rag doll going to be added?

I am sorry to probably disappoint you - it is not the full rag-doll to the ground. Just the flinch - addition to the current state to always visually confirm the hit.

since we are speaking of ragdoll, is that possible to make dead bodies cover you from incoming bullets? At least ones, that shouldn't pierce the body, 5,56\6,5mm. Had lots situations, where i was looting a dead body and got under fire, gone prone and wished, the dead body i just looted, would cover me from incoming fire, is that possible for the future?

I am sorry to probably disappoint you - it is not the full rag-doll to the ground. Just the flinch - addition to the current state to always visually confirm the hit.

Yeah, just wanted to report that I can see no big difference...

So that means the flinch animation will now be played everytime somebody is hit.

It's still not nearly enough and it's almost no change from what we had before. It's a step in the right direction but what we need is basically a state where by when you're hit you get knocked down or a short incapacitation. If it's ragdolls or not, it doesn't really matter, we just need for that state to exist. I still encounter situations where I pop a guy twice, and by all accounts that should incapacitate him a little but he still keeps going like nothing happened to him. The problem is that this is further exacerbated by the so called armor and soldier protection tweaking which makes for highly unrealistic scenario's. If you want armor to modeled in any form, you're going to need an incapacitated state.

Edited by Windies

*Deleted preloaded building when the original building is already destroyed (should fix http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7136)

I'm hoping this helps in improving server fps for BECTI. After a few hours the FPS drop to about 8-10fps with 32 players, anxious to see what this update (along with all the other multiplayer fixes coming out on tuesday) will do for multiplayer gaming in Arma 3.

I am really looking forward to play EPISODE 2 this weekend! On the other side im a bit dissapointed because no new content came with the adapt episode. well, lets see what the next weeks bring. Some stuff for FIA would be hardly needed!

I seem unable to load my saved game in episode 2. It tells me i am missing all default content when i try to load.

I seem unable to load my saved game in episode 2. It tells me i am missing all default content when i try to load.

Strange, nothing on my side, it works properly.

Same for me.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Same for me.

Any of you using A2MP? It had that effect on me, can't load any mission because of config fragments from Arma 2 that are still in there.

Any of you using A2MP? It had that effect on me, can't load any mission because of config fragments from Arma 2 that are still in there.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try without it.

since we are speaking of ragdoll, is that possible to make dead bodies cover you from incoming bullets? At least ones, that shouldn't pierce the body, 5,56\6,5mm. Had lots situations, where i was looting a dead body and got under fire, gone prone and wished, the dead body i just looted, would cover me from incoming fire, is that possible for the future?

It's possible right now. Dead bodies are stopping bullets the same way as alive ones. You probably just were unlucky when hiding behind them.

And the corpses even block the AI's line of sight, so you can stay undetected behind then. You will just need a bigger pile of them for that.

Edited by Greenfist

Tried without it and I get the same error, related to some castructure.

EDIT: Removed some others mod and it seems to work.

Edited by Antorugby

*Deleted preloaded building when the original building is already destroyed (should fix http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=7136)

I'm hoping this helps in improving server fps for BECTI. After a few hours the FPS drop to about 8-10fps with 32 players, anxious to see what this update (along with all the other multiplayer fixes coming out on tuesday) will do for multiplayer gaming in Arma 3.

Dwarden says in the ticket it's only a partial fix.

<tanky opinion. may not be authoritative>

I know what causes this. It's destroyed buildings. The original building is hid underground while the ruined building model replaces it on the surface. If you find those buried buildings and setdamage 0 them, they come back to ground level and the ruin is deleted. Doing this will stop the subskeleton index error. Of course, it means that a previously razed town is suddenly pristine again, but it will greatly reduce the FPS problems.

</>

It's still not nearly enough and it's almost no change from what we had before. It's a step in the right direction but what we need is basically a state where by when you're hit you get knocked down or a short incapacitation. If it's ragdolls or not, it doesn't really matter, we just need for that state to exist. I still encounter situations where I pop a guy twice, and by all accounts that should incapacitate him a little but he still keeps going like nothing happened to him. The problem is that this is further exacerbated by the so called armor and soldier protection tweaking which makes for highly unrealistic scenario's. If you want armor to modeled in any form, you're going to need an incapacitated state.

Yeah I was really underwhelmed by the change to flinching as well. It looks virtually identical and the gun jigs about in a very unconvincing way. Would be nice if there was some stagger and also if the left hand came off the grip of the weapon - not locked onto it in a vice-like grip.

Also, if you hit a unit multiple times in quick succession, the additional bullets don't seem to do anything to the animation once the flinch is already in progress.

Put this EH in a unit's init and then shoot him on full auto. He does a little rhythmic dance which looks quite funny.

this  addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {hintSilent "IMMA INVINCIBLED!"; 0}];

That was it. Thanks.

The adapt campaign disappeared for me after launching DEV through steam, exiting and launching through pw6. Exiting and entering beta again didn't do anything.

Fixed it by finishing final survive mission again.

Edited by L3TUC3