I will try to look at it with some engine programmer and check our options in the matter of engine optimization of this issue. Better optimization of that particle effect itself is definitely the way which I will try to use as well. Thanks a lot for deep investigation of the issue. :)

Hi mate, not saying your wrong about this, not at all.

But can you check that you didn't have "this enableSimulation false" in the init line of that unit?

I will try to look at it with some engine programmer and check our options in the matter of engine optimization of this issue. Better optimization of that particle effect itself is definitely the way which I will try to use as well. Thanks a lot for deep investigation of the issue. :)

Thank you for the info! Nice weekend to you.

why I would do that? the only think I put in the init is on my unit, so they dont see me

Uhh .. well, that explains the wierd issues I sometimes had when fighting in tall grass.

Dear Devs, please fix that ;P

Oh and just came to my mind and fits into this topic I guess: Wrecks (those static ones, like the rusty SUV-wrecks in some towns) are also totally bulletproof. Please fix them, too. I'd be satisfied with simple penetration values similar to those tin sheds.

[Offtopic: When I was a teenager, I thought being a videogame developer must be one of the greatest jobs out there. Now I'm really glad I'm not one. Feel bad for the poor Devs, having to fight that epic endless battle against all those evil bugs ;D For every one that is slain, some customer is ranting about a dozen new ones ;P]

Edited by pils

Hi there!

I found some annoying bugs when using vehicles and other players as crew. Experienced in the T100, can't say anything about other vehicles.

1. When being gunner, sometimes randomly the chosen weapon changes every time the commander fires.
  2. When being commander, you are sometimes randomly unable to release smoke rounds, like the button does not exist.
  3. When being gunner, it happened to me once, that I out of nowhere instantly had the amount of ammo of the commander .50 cal instead of the usual amount of ammo of the coax gun.
  4. When someone else is commander, you often randomly can't change from driver to gunner position and other way round (letting the commander exit and enter the vehicle fixes the issue, just until you exit and enter the vehicle again -> so it seems it's only when you enter the vehicle after and not before the commander enters it).

As said, all happened in Multiplayer with other players as crew. None of the above ever occured when using the vehicle on my own without crew.

Addition: As gunner you should be able to choose the type of shells (HE/AP) also when using the coax in the exact moment (which isn't possible atm).

Dear Devs, please have a look on that ;)

Hello guys, can someone help me check this out?

Place down an AI MLRS in the editor and call it "artillery1", place down a marker name "arty1", and then put yourself near the MRLS and use this code:

artillery1 doArtilleryFire [getmarkerpos "arty1", "12Rnd_230mm_rockets", 2];

It's just me or the sound of the missile firing is missing?

HDAO is fantastic, looks amazing, really adds a very smooth look to everything, I had to have SSAO off because it was causing micro stutters when zooming. However HDAO looks freekin tight and I have it maxed, no hit all smooth, great work. I also am loving the current build, the ai miss and the balance in firefights is much better.

Thank you DarkDruid and Bouben for bringing this issue up. :D

I can confirm the FPS also.

I noticed this issue too, especially when you are firing behind a high magnification optics. So I made a addon(Mao_Muzzle_Smoke.pbo) to decrease the particle density, and it indeed improve the performance.

And it was included in my pack:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24098. You guys can try it.

Yes, it works great. Thank you very much, Lao!

when will the British protocols be usable in the profile speaker? its been some time now :(

What madness is this? The UW ammo shoots straight on land now. :yay:

Yes I saw some weirdness with divers like this last night. They were underwater shooting at targets 200 metres away on land.

Added: Variable (postersArray) with all posters in namespace of a building added

I don't get this one. Any infos about that?

I think this:

_posterArray = _building getVariable "posterArray"

should return all Posters in the Building (defined by _building) as an array

Tweaked: Effects of suppressors on bullets

How was the effect of suppressors on bullets tweaked?

How was the effect of suppressors on bullets tweaked?

I'm very curious about this too.. hoping supressors no longer slow bullets down.

I think this:

_posterArray = _building getVariable "posterArray"

should return all Posters in the Building (defined by _building) as an array

Sry, might be a language understanding problem...

With poster are not the AC/DC posters etc. meant?

You mean when i use:

_myArray = [1,2,3];
_building1 setVaribale "myArray";

_posterArray = _building1 getVariable "_myArray";

//_posterArray will return [1,2,3]?

Do I understand that right?

Because i don't know about any programming related "poster"...