AIs continue to swim on the ground only the divers have the correct behavior.

Even less people can open my WLA SP mission in workshop. I tried to reupload it again. This time when starting the mission it loads the menu background cutscene instead (with the white circle structures).

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16524

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173155826

I'll put this here...

Seconded. If I keep hitting the "Play" button I eventually get a "Downloading Steam File (3896KB/3896KB)" message but nothing is actually happening. Pressing the ESC key takes me back to the "Scenarios" menu.

Note that the WLS SP mission seems to play without issue, but I did notice that it went straight to WLS without showing a "Play" button after I did the above. ESCaping and clicking the WLS mission again did show the "Play" button. Doing the above repeats this quirky behavior.

HTH ;)

Has anyone seen the new VBS3 videos, my god Only if we could get this amount of detail in arma 3

Check out the VBS 3 vidoes and be amazed....

---------- Post added at 04:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/user/bisimmedia/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=3 Link to the new VBS3 vidoes

Yeah, the streams and lakes alone I'd kill for, snow is cool to. The rest, though... mostly just new models/textures and thicker ground clutter (not more detailed, just thicker in coverage, which can be done by config tweaking some .cfg file in the map.pbo, I think).

The physics-based destruction would play hell with MP given how it seems just having ruined building models plays hell with it. It'd be awesome for SP, though.

Bohemia Interactive, we need streams and lakes. And can we have some snow for christmas ? ;)

someone mentioned VBS again... i'll be back once he's been lynched/held up as saviour

Has anyone seen the new VBS3 videos, my god Only if we could get this amount of detail in arma 3

Check out the VBS 3 vidoes and be amazed....

---------- Post added at 04:32 ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/user/bisimmedia/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=3 Link to the new VBS3 vidoes

Holy crap! They amount of detail in the scenes is amazing, for instance the cabin which looks really lived-in.

If they have decent midrange terrain too, so that a camoflaged soldier does not simply sink into a featureless, barren ground when viewed through a scope, then we must have these things in Arma 4. Please :-)

Edited by Old_Painless

Why group channel can't be disable via disableChannel?

I wrote this is description.ext and group channel remains available

disableChannels[] = {2,3,4,5};

if they have decent midrange terrain too, so that a camoflaged soldier does not simply sink into a featureless, barren ground when viewed through a scope, then we must have these things in arma 3. Please :-)

ftfy. ;)

EDIT: Why did it remove all of the capitals from my post? :confused:

I find a vehicle repairing bug.

1.08 stable version is ok but 1.09.113567 has this issue. after the AI repairing the vehicle, he keeps crouching and won't move anymore.

What's more, sometimes the AI will start repairing remotely. He start repairing meters away from the vehicle.

Last but not least, when can you change the animation of repairing?

repro:

1. Order the repair soldier to fix the car.

2. After he finishs, call him to fall back to formation.

3. He won't move, still keeps crouching.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16577

When I am in the pilot seat of the (camo) Hellcat, and I use GET OUT, when in 3rd person, I notice that a comical neck stretching happens at two points during the exit animation.

I assume this is a bug that devs will look into (or are looking at).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxwwP5x2h_hBYlJBMlN1ZzUyLWc/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxwwP5x2h_hBYlJBMlN1ZzUyLWc/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxwwP5x2h_hBS1hUZUxLZkhhLTA/edit

Does anyone else notice that the wrong helmet is on the opfor grenadier? I am in the editor and sometimes the units show up differently than in the actual game. He has a "black" helmet like recon. Although bi seems to have a different definition of what "black" is.

BI, please replace the turret of the BTR-K with the turret of this. Or add a T-100 variant with this layout. Please? Even your artists should get excited by this thing, it´s so badass!

EDIT: 05:21: UVZ play Arma 3! The opfor tank is a Slammer! :D (ACtually I may be convinced that this is actually a super secret guerillia advert for the next opfor addon for Arma 3. Lots of Slammers.)

(And maybe give us a railgun merkava along with that pls) Edited by InstaGoat

Found a weird initialisation issue when playing in the editor (Dev Branch, haven't checked Stable yet).

Mission is on Stratis.

I run some code in the init to break a buildings windows and then make it invincible (allowDamage false).

When I preview the mission, the windows are broken and the building is invincible. (All good so far).

If I quit the mission and reload, the windows are not broken and the building is invincible.

If I comment out _house allowDamage false; and preview again, the building is still invincible...

The only way I can get the code to run correctly after a preview restart is to load Altis and then load up Stratis again.

This only seems to afftect houses (maybe other map objects as well).

So it seems that the allowDamage state of buildings isn't reinitialised when running the same mission again.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can anyone else check if possible?

When I get some time, I'll pop a repro and ticket up.

So the wheel collisions are completely messed up. I was trying to test if Arma 3 has or uses something similar to Raycast wheel simulations but I can't because the wheels don't even collide with objects. How long have wheel collisions been broken?

Good news is Arma 3's driving physics compared to the VBS3 driving video are pretty similar. Bad news is we need dynamic control over friction and like I said above, the wheels and bottoms of vehicles seems to have their collision disabled and then this effect is increased with the higher the speed.

Edit: It appears like its the entire bottom have of the vehicle that has collisions disabled.

Edited by ProGamer

So the wheel collisions are completely messed up. I was trying to test if Arma 3 has or uses something similar to Raycast wheel simulations but I can't because the wheels don't even collide with objects. How long have wheel collisions been broken?

Good news is Arma 3's driving physics compared to the VBS3 driving video are pretty similar. Bad news is we need dynamic control over friction and like I said above, the wheels and bottoms of vehicles seems to have their collision disabled and then this effect is increased with the higher the speed.

Edit: It appears like its the entire bottom have of the vehicle that has collisions disabled.

Probably because the wheels popped when even looking at rocks or those mesh fences that are everywhere. Not saying it's an improvement, but it's sure less annoying.

Probably because the wheels popped when even looking at rocks or those mesh fences that are everywhere. Not saying it's an improvement, but it's sure less annoying.

It's a quick fix that just creates more problems. Couldn't they just make wheels stronger?

It's a quick fix that just creates more problems. Couldn't they just make wheels stronger?

Probably not. I don't know the reasoning behind the change. Just making the wheels stronger is likely out of the question as well.

Probably not. I don't know the reasoning behind the change. Just making the wheels stronger is likely out of the question as well.

This create hundreds of problems with the current fix.