This was more like I put it in for Master lord Joris to publish, not to blame him, as I knew that there is some change and it is fair to let the users know about the change. I might have made it more clear that it's just experimental state by Solzenicyn, but there were some unforeseen circumstances preventing me to do so properly :icon_evil:

Thanks for the insight!

And yay for 1000 posts in the thread!

218px-Party_-_Beer_Party.jpg

Can't run missions anymore with Version: 1.07.113178.

Error popup + .rpt littered with new errors.

Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_01.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_16.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_17.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_18.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_19.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_20.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_21.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_01.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_16.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_17.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_18.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_19.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_20.identityTypes'.
Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgFaces/Man_A3/WhiteHead_21.identityTypes'.

EDIT:

i just saw: Known issue: pop-up related to head config classes.

Problem is that popup blocks mission launch (at least in editor) hence you can't play it at all.

Edited by fabrizio_T

yep...bad bug, since you cant start missions anymore. any fix for that without reverting to stable?

had to restart steam to apply the fix...thanks a lot for the fast update!

If I opt into the dev-branch does that mean I can no longer play on regular multiplayer servers because of version differences?

Running hotfixed version.

I noticed that snipers fail to engage from distance as before.

They refuse orders to shoot on target from about 350-400m. and up.

By the way, i've also noticed that currentWeapon always returns an empty string when primary weapon is selected (except for player).

Wasn't this fixed a while ago?

Per the latest dev branch update, skill shouldn't be based on rank. A soldier's ability to shoot well isn't dependent on his rank. It should be randomized within a certain range, if possible.

Yeah that's pretty weird. If anything a Colonel is probably going to be less proficient with weapons than a private.

Yeah that's pretty weird. If anything a Colonel is probably going to be less proficient with weapons than a private.

Well, in the range from private to sergeant this relationship holds - just because of experience. Lieutenant may also be a "field-patent" one (i.e. promoted from sergeant).

Default editor-placed infantry groups, on the other hand, don't have captains and colonels. And this applies only to groups, so - it's fair enough, imho.

Small random deviation from rank-dependent average wouldn't hurt, though.

Edited by DarkWanderer

i agree... a colonel isnt going to be on the frontline fighting getting shot at... so therefore less experiance on the field.

Faceshot of course should be lethal from point blank, but I'm under the impression that pistol fire in general is next to useless against targets with bodyarmor.

Yeah, I remember in a mission vs AI, 3 enemys were stuck in a corridor unable to shoot, 3 whole mages to kill them all!

!

Well, in the range from private to sergeant this relationship holds - just because of experience. Lieutenant may also be a "field-patent" one (i.e. promoted from sergeant).

Default editor-placed infantry groups, on the other hand, don't have captains and colonels. And this applies only to groups, so - it's fair enough, imho.

Small random deviation from rank-dependent average wouldn't hurt, though.

No, not necessarily. Honestly, I'd say it should be random within a certain range (so never zero, never max). Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but this skill level really just applies to their shooting accuracy, right?

This was more like I put it in for Master lord Joris to publish, not to blame him, as I knew that there is some change and it is fair to let the users know about the change. I might have made it more clear that it's just experimental state by Solzenicyn, but there were some unforeseen circumstances preventing me to do so properly :icon_evil:

Id like to ask what your guys vision for arma3 is going forward.

A feature line these, even if just experimental, still seems at odds with what makes arma3 unique. Arma3 authenticity in all aspects should be refined and matured not dumbed down or else all you will eventually have to differentiate yourselves from the rest will be mostly awesome terrain and clouds and ballistic system .

Can someone confirm that the respawn ticket system is broken. Adding tickets via init.sqf to one side does nothing for me. I just went back to stable to try it there, no luck.

[west,5] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;

No, not necessarily. Honestly, I'd say it should be random within a certain range (so never zero, never max). Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but this skill level really just applies to their shooting accuracy, right?

No, it applies to all skills (including those responsible for tactics, spotting, etc.) And it really makes a difference in behavior.

Would you agree that on average sergeant would have better shooting skills than a private?

Edited by DarkWanderer

Im not sure if it is known. The real counterpart of the mbt kuma is in fact a Leopard 2A6 with enhanced and active armor. This project is named "mbt revolution" and it is invented by Rheinmetall. And by the way, kuma´s armor is very weak.

This tank weighs 70 t.

On the subject of rank: they exist ingame only to denote superiority, they don't reflect real-life ranking system. All colonel means is that the ranking is higher than captain etc :) They might have been called 1, 2, 3 etc.

Scalpels and GBUs should be able to lock IR Grenades

Does this also apply to DAGRs? Can't check right now.

Will the fatigue change make it into the next stable branch update?

Unlikely, they're not even on current Dev Branch.

Since I don't want to disturb the difficulty poll, Sniperwolf "problem" is same as mine:

Friendly TAG - Difficulty default: On - I use this as a close range friendly identification as it's not easy to know who is who as in real life. I don't like that it works for larger distances, and would rather I had the option to only show close range friendly TAGs, but it stays on as I find more use out of it for close range than it bothers me for long range.

Can you make something about it?

I found all the new objects that were added except the 4 variants of trash barrel. I found plastic barrels that have trash in them but I don't know if they were there before. If they are new then there are only 3. If you include the empty plastic barrel then you would probably include the water plastic barrel since all 5 are the same plastic barrel. Which is 5. So is that the 4 varients of trash barrels? Cause we used to actually have trash barrels not multipurpose plastic barrels. I just want to know if I found everything. Or if they were put somewhere else.

But I am very glad we are getting more objects. Especially the luggage. I have completed filling up the airport and the airport building with vending machines and lockers etc. so luggage helps. Now if we can get civilians outside a group of one type of guy with a button up hawaiin shirt and stupid clothes. Women and regular looking people for once in the history of the game. People with t shirts not skin tight under armor or tourist. what happened to the guys in suit and tie? How about some airport employees or workers that aren't wearing dirty white pilot coveralls. You're getting there bi. Thank you.

Also can someone confirm that the entire right side of the airport is unable to open any doors and won't take damage on the doors and windows? I can't even shoot through the glass to get inside. I have to go in from the left side. Well left and right depends on which side you look at if from. I can't get out of any of the rooms with shut doors.