Guest Ti0n3r

-----

Edited by Ti0n3r

;2570308']Overview of the hardcoded settings:

(skill and precision is adjusted by AI skill though)

Recruit    Regular    Veteran    Mercenary
skillFriendly        0.65    0.75    0.85    1    
precisionFriendly    0.65    1    1    1    
skillEnemy        0.4    0.6    0.85    0.85    
precisionEnemy        0.4    0.5    0.75    0.85    

myArmorCoef        1.5    1.2    1    1    
groupArmorCoef        1.5    1.2    1    1    

peripheralVisionAid    0.8    0.9    0.6    0.25    
visionAid        0.8    0    0    0    

HealSpeedMedicMedikit    0.15    0.125    0.1    0.08    
HealSpeedMedicFAK    0.12    0.1    0.08    0.064    
HealSpeedMedic        0.12    0.1    0.08    0.064    
HealSpeedSoldierFAK    0.06    0.05    0.04    0.032    
HealSpeedSoldier    0.06    0.05    0.04    0.032    
BleedingRate        0.005    0.007    0.009    0.011    

CancelThreshold        0    0    0    0    
CancelTime        2    2    2    2    

DivingLimitMultiplier    1.2    1    0.8    0.65    

recoilCoef        0.8    1    1.2    1.5    
autoReload        0    0    0    0    
animSpeedCoef        0    0    0    0    

wait, so these are tweakable in a file somewhere then?

Not on topic, but I'm laughing at seeing that "Elite" in the GUI is apparently "Mercenary" in the code... first time I've ever heard of it.

about recoil values are tied to difficulty - that should be only with AI and not with the players

because whats the point of having that on players? on elite you get 15% more recoil - thats unnecessary "feature"

Hidden extended armor for friendlies in REGULAR mode?!?! Hidden higher recoil for Veteran and mercenary?!?

So you're secretly fucking up our game, no matter what?!?

Hi guys, recoil modifier tied to the difficulty settings was introduced merely by an accident and was promptly removed. Thanks for your vigilance and all the reports upon the issue, it's much appreciated ! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi guys, recoil modifier tied to the difficulty settings was introduced merely by an accident and was promptly removed. Thanks for your vigilance and all the reports upon the issue, it's much appreciated ! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wasn't that hard to spot, really, after all it was mentioned in the changelog ;)

Are you a Dev? Or are you playing with us?

Yay!

EDIT: Ah sorry, notice now the undernick. I'm just used to the whole BI Dev avatar the others use!

You are being forced when you are locking certain settings out as you raise difficulty. Elite can only toggle on a few options.

If I like unlimited saves or permanent extended hud info, that means I can't go past Regular so I'm stuck with low-recoil option.

Toggle or a slider, fine (but still silly). Determined by difficulty presets? Bad.

Same for me. I play on beefed up regular because of the unlimited saves. Please revert this

If adding magazines using primaryWeaponMagazine for AI with certain MG weapon, he ignores the added magazines saying no ammo (even the ammo is in his inventory). Failed to check the weapon name, but added magazines were "300rd green". Also getting "bad vehicle"-error time to time while using my clone unit script. Cant figure out why it does that. "bad vehicle"-error dosent provide any info anywhere.

Both issue can be seen using the script (Clone.sqf):

http://pastebin.com/rWcYjFZq

Repro - be team leader with AI-team mates, repeating radio channel trigger with on act:

{_x execVm "Clone.sqf";} foreach units group player - [player];

You should be able to repeat the cloning without cloned team-mates running out of magazines. Works for most, but not at least for the MG units.

Edit: Made ticket http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16427

Edited by SaOk

Same for me. I play on beefed up regular because of the unlimited saves. Please revert this

Latest dev build has it reverted to normal. Thanks BIS!

Why was it showcased in the changelog like an actual change?

Changelogging is partly automated, and then only scanned with a 'higher-level focus' by e.g. myself before posting. As much as I'd like to, I cannot have the desired state of every single commit in the game in my memory at all times :yay: Sometimes these things slip through, and then they get corrected :cool:

Changelogging is partly automated, and then only scanned with a 'higher-level focus' by e.g. myself before posting. As much as I'd like to, I cannot have the desired state of every single commit in the game in my memory at all times :yay: Sometimes these things slip through, and then they get corrected :cool:

------The anim bug of switch to a launcher from "amovpercmstpslowwrfldnon" still exits.

This was more like I put it in for Master lord Joris to publish, not to blame him, as I knew that there is some change and it is fair to let the users know about the change. I might have made it more clear that it's just experimental state by Solzenicyn, but there were some unforeseen circumstances preventing me to do so properly :icon_evil:

This was more like I put it in for Master lord Joris to publish, not to blame him, as I knew that there is some change and it is fair to let the users know about the change. I might have made it more clear that it's just experimental state by Solzenicyn, but there were some unforeseen circumstances preventing me to do so properly :icon_evil:

Well by experimental, is this something you guys are looking into actually doing for real, I.E. recoil/armor/health/healing speed changes based on difficulty presets rather than toggleable or set via slider?

I might have made it more clear that it's just experimental state by Solzenicyn,

I would like to remark that I'm quite happy that you also release experiential features in the dev branch. Maybe it would be a good idea to generally mark those as experimental in the change log to prevent too much outcry and frustration among the community, with the discussion already quite heated in some places.

I would like to remark that I'm quite happy that you also release experiential features in the dev branch. Maybe it would be a good idea to generally mark those as experimental in the change log to prevent too much outcry and frustration among the community, with the discussion already quite heated in some places.

It should have been marked, but it has slipped for some rather occult reason, I'll try to make it better next time :icon_twisted:

Not trying to persecute you, just want to know if it was something intended even as something experimental. If it's something you guys are looking into versus a complete accident or foul up.

No worries - it's sometimes quite hard to keep track of a single change being part of a larger (experimental / WIP) whole. And out-of-context such change may feel very wrong. We'll continue to try to improve these communications team-wide :)

No worries - it's sometimes quite hard to keep track of a single change being part of a larger (experimental / WIP) whole. And out-of-context such change may feel very wrong. We'll continue to try to improve these communications team-wide :)

It's a Dev branch, not the final status, no problem to test all the things you want :)

It's the 1000 pages for this thread. Nice. :dancered: