But the question is: for which difficulty the recoil is the same as it is in stable branch? I'm not against that, it's an option, nobody is forcing anyone to use less or more recoil.
No it's not an option.

I would have no problems if it was a customizable setting, but right now it's an hardcoded feauture. I always have the lowest difficulty setting on to tailor all the option to my liking, so to have saves on I need to play with lower recoil.

I'm really asking Devs to rethink this: please either add a customizable setting in the difficulty menu or take away the feauture entirely.

Yay!

Indeed. Imbalance, if desired, is achieved by the mission designer. A goodly portion of the posters don't believe in mission design though it seems.

It should be clear by now that ArmA 3 is a different game to ArmA 2. I don't know why people insist that BIS should simply make the same game over & over again. ArmA 3 has the possibility of a multi-faction balanced game, while allowing the mission designer to make that actual decision.

That said, I would surely like to see ArmA 2 assets in the ArmA 3 engine, but that's because the A3 engine performs better for me. (Plus, ragdoll is cool.)

This is it:

"And the rest is mainly about balancing countermeasures on several levels – armies, units, their strengths and weaknesses. If you compare for example the Ifrit with the Hunter (faster, but less resistant), they are quite different, but still balanced - even in 1-on-1 engagements. The Red and Green armies aren't just a plain mirror of each other, but the conflict isn't as asymmetric as it used to be for example in Arrowhead."

"Each army should have weak points and strengths. Even more so for the ‘Green’ army (Beta leak). We still think that all sides should be distinguishable yet balanced."[/i]

http://www.arma3.com/news/report-in-petr-kolar-encoding

I guess we should expect more things like recoil to become difficulty based, like damage. And a nice balanced hardcore arcade game? There's your answer to why the sides are so similar.

Ok ok ok.. i agree, it should be an option in difficulty settings. I bet BIS will do it, so I have no worries.

Ok ok ok.. i agree, it should be an option in difficulty settings. I bet BIS will do it, so I have no worries.

It should be controlled by scripting commands only.

Yeah let's divide communities more with different recoils, jeez...

No it's not an option.

I would have no problems if it was a customizable setting, but right now it's an hardcoded feauture. I always have the lowest difficulty setting on to tailor all the option to my liking, so to have saves on I need to play with lower recoil.

I'm really asking Devs to rethink this: please either add a customizable setting in the difficulty menu or take away the feauture entirely.

Yay!

VBS did it nicely by having it controlled by scripting commands.

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Yeah let's divide communities more with different recoils, jeez...

It's "let's start making more arcade features" because that's what the game needs!". If anything we need the opposite.

Why divide Arma in realistic and not realistic purposefully?
Disingenuous, acts like difficulty settings and mods weren't already doing "community-dividing".

Disingenuous, acts like difficulty settings and mods weren't already doing "community-dividing".

By making Arma more arcade friendly, you draw in those types of players. Then eventually those players grow in number and gain influence. But if anything why make it more arcade friendly when they should be trying to make it more sim friendly because those are another group Arma attracts and one that will not upset the existing player base of changes are made for them.

By making Arma more arcade friendly, you draw in those types of players. Then eventually those players grow in number and gain influence.
You kinda missed the boat there... by a lot. And let me tell you in no uncertain terms that that isn't even a true causation.

@ Sniperwolf572, as the non-panicking person besides me and Byku in this thread, what results did you get when, say, using an AAF rifleman with a F2000 instead of a BLUFOR Rifleman with a MX, with the same position and reference aiming point?

The whole thing is even more annoying because the server still, after years and years, does not have a possibility to set a default difficulty.

I don't like this at all.

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:13 ----------

I bet BIS will do it, so I have no worries.

What, exactly, makes you think so?

The whole thing is even more annoying because the server still, after years and years, does not have a possibility to set a default difficulty.
Got a Feedback Tracker ticket for server default difficulty?

What, exactly, makes you think so?
The need of a customizable setting is a valid point, with valid problems connected to it if it is not addressed. BI has always been a great DEV team because they listen and change.

Even more, I clearly remember a post from a Dev saying he plays on lower difficulties to have saves enabled: I'm pretty sure they think the same about this issue. Maybe it's still all WiP.

Yay!

Got a Feedback Tracker ticket for server default difficulty?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9383

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/14703

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/14140

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6406

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/2809

How many do you want? This is an age-old issue.

The dedicated server will always, invariably, default to "Regular". You have to set it anew after each and every mission, it doesn't suffice to set it once per session or anything mundane as that.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9383

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/14703

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/14140

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6406

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/2809

How many do you want? This is an age-old issue.

The dedicated server will always, invariably, default to "Regular". You have to set it anew after each and every mission, it doesn't suffice to set it once per session or anything mundane as that.

One is sufficient. Tossed it an upvote.

One is sufficient. Tossed it an upvote.

I sincerely hope it is. Having to reset the difficulty every time is really annoying.

@ Sniperwolf572, as the non-panicking person besides me and Byku in this thread, what results did you get when, say, using an AAF rifleman with a F2000 instead of a BLUFOR Rifleman with a MX, with the same position and reference aiming point?

I did not try anything else besides the default MX. They probably have a difficulty which is the "config recoil" with 1 multiplier, and then they do lesser multipliers for lower difficulties than that and higher multipliers for higher difficulties.

So you can, for example, imagine that an MX has recoil 2 and an F2000 has a recoil of 1. And let's say regular is the base difficulty with the 1 multiplier you'd get recoil results like so:

MX: Recruit = (1 * 0.5), Regular - (1 * 1), Veteran - (1 * 1.25), Elite - (1 * 1.5)

F2000: Recruit = (2 * 0.5), Regular - (2 * 1), Veteran - (2 * 1.25), Elite - (2 * 1.5)

It's probably more complicated than that but it's probably generic multipliers per difficulty for the recoil values.

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Fever math

After update to the 113095, after using the binocular, press "B" to holster it, then your character would have ugly broken anim (view from 3rd person);

And also another broken anim ever exist haven't been tweak, which is when you try to use the launcher at the relax stand, your character always playing a step over anim whilst leaving the rifle behind him in the air.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Depends. On Recruit, there are "spotting" markers. On Regular, there are "periferal view" ones. Both can't be disabled - they are tied to the difficulty "level".

Also, AI skill sliders have different range on different difficulties.

So, I hope there actually is a modifiable recoil option.

Yes, this stuff really bothers me. I get that "the dots" would not be possible on higher difficulties, but why in the world aren't they toggleable in the lower settings? I usually run lower settings because they give me all the options, but then I'm stuck with immersion- and challenge-breaking dots and now I don't get to choose my preferred recoil either... I have to choose to have either super-accurate AI without dots and high recoil OR realistic-accuracy AI with dots and low recoil. I have no other options.

This sort of stuff is a lot less excusable. Just add a bloody check box or slider for these "features"...

^I guess setting up the recoil based on "Regular" values, since that seems to be the server default as well. Of course, many players might not want ridiculous recoil AND no peripheral dots AND super AI, but the options to fully customize the playing experience are lacking quite a bit still...

Overview of the hardcoded settings:

(skill and precision is adjusted by AI skill though)

Recruit	Regular	Veteran	Mercenary
skillFriendly		0.65	0.75	0.85	1	
precisionFriendly	0.65	1	1	1	
skillEnemy		0.4	0.6	0.85	0.85	
precisionEnemy		0.4	0.5	0.75	0.85	

myArmorCoef		1.5	1.2	1	1	
groupArmorCoef		1.5	1.2	1	1	

peripheralVisionAid	0.8	0.9	0.6	0.25	
visionAid		0.8	0	0	0	

HealSpeedMedicMedikit	0.15	0.125	0.1	0.08	
HealSpeedMedicFAK	0.12	0.1	0.08	0.064	
HealSpeedMedic		0.12	0.1	0.08	0.064	
HealSpeedSoldierFAK	0.06	0.05	0.04	0.032	
HealSpeedSoldier	0.06	0.05	0.04	0.032	
BleedingRate		0.005	0.007	0.009	0.011	

CancelThreshold		0	0	0	0	
CancelTime		2	2	2	2	

DivingLimitMultiplier	1.2	1	0.8	0.65	

recoilCoef		0.8	1	1.2	1.5	
autoReload		0	0	0	0	
animSpeedCoef		0	0	0	0	

Please Devs make those settings tweakable.

Yay!

This sort of stuff is a lot less excusable. Just add a bloody check box or slider for these "features"...

this. wtf hardcoded recoil makes no sense at all

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk