Hellcat main rotor and tail rotor disks overlap.

5xT5U.jpg

Also, getting in the back of the aircraft while the engine is starting up damages the main rotor.

I mean the only way that I could compete with my friend at a duel with a T-34-85 against a TUSK is to shoot his barrel dead, then just go behind him and slug away some ten shells into the engine before he was disabled.

I am sure that the abrams does not have over 100mm thick metal radiators over the engines.

It's much better when you can actually deal damage if you see them first.

That's tactics, that's realism.

I think that the only differences should be that the higher tier tanks should move faster and have better optics/ shell velocity/ better sensory systems.

Especially sensory systems and other electronics should be the main focus on the future tanks, since no realistic amount of armor is going to save you from current 120mm shells.

It's all about who sees first.

You could not be more incorrect.

In A2 that's how they handled balancing.

If you had a lower tier vehicle, you couldn't compete with higher tier vehicles, just because it was a newer vehicle. No matter how much better tactics you had.

Not "just because". It being developed later has allowed this thing called time to pass which allows the latest advances in tech to be implemented in its design. A T34 firing point blank could not penetrate an Abrams. Read that link someone posted to you.

Also, getting in the back of the aircraft while the engine is starting up damages the main rotor.

That bug is still in from the other helis?

You could not be more incorrect.

Not "just because". It being developed later has allowed this thing called time to pass which allows the latest advances in tech to be implemented in its design. A T34 firing point blank could not penetrate an Abrams. Read that link someone posted to you.

Some things just aren't meant to beat other things. That's why if you had T34's you would also have a vehicle for engaging the Abrams. It's really not fun at all when everything gets artificially made to beat everything else.

Can someone confirm that when you are moving forward (not left or right or back) at standing status (not crouch or prone) you can switch from main weapon (not second weapon) to missile\RPG launcher without stop? But you can't do it from RPG launcher to main weapon.

I updated it to the last dev branch.

Edited by msy

Where can I find the IR grenades? Also, what the heck are they?

The point is that all 3 tanks share way too many things in common (and even armor on both T-100 and Merkava seems to be withstanding about the same amount of abuse).

No matter the size of the ammo compartment - the amount of ammunition is always the same for all types.

If T-100, being a russian tank and all (based on T-99 as far as I can tell), will move to its real 125mm turret with the correct ammunition then no problem.

Merkava on the other hand should get its loader too for a realistic 4 men crew. Think sitting inside a tank doing nothing will be boring for a loader? It's 2035 - give loader his own thermal sight and a remote turret. It's only logical that in the future tanks will become stronger and more survivable. In Merkava the loader is also a signaler/radio operator so perhaps some kind of arty computer/support comms will do a great job of giving him more (and real life to boot) functions.

Good post there metalcraze.

Where can I find the IR grenades? Also, what the heck are they?

"B_IR_Grenade"

"O_IR_Grenade"

"I_IR_Grenade"

They emit a strobing Infrared light that can only be seen through NV optics

While looking this - noticed one thing , why the hell tanks/apcs use the 6.5 mm? every tank since WW2 uses 7.62 as minimum , why they would change the powerful 7.62 to lower 6.5?

because its new and caseless? for tanks it has no sense , same for A3 miniguns - they use 6.5 too while previously they used 7.62

maybe it would be reasonable for support vehicles , since they switched from 5.56 to 6.5 ,but not for miniguns or tank coax mg

also someone mentioned - the T-100 should have stronger cannon (because even the CSAT showcase says its 135mm)

and the MBT-52 should not be the strongest , neither the weakest - its more like abrams something between T-100 and the Slammer

Edited by RobertHammer

There's a bug running with a launcher. If you go WA or WD and press shift to sprint the character goes crouched.

Just noticed this.

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, BI, add a commander-controlled machine gun on the turret of the Slammer. Secondly, make the Trophy system actually work and have a chance to destroy incoming missiles.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16394

Edited by Nightmare515

Good post there metalcraze.

Check my signature... :) BI at least started with making the new tank have the correct calibers and weapons.

Is anyone else having issues trying to fire Artillery?

I've got a script running that generates fire missions. Everything works as it should up until recently and now the Artillery pieces don't do anything. There is a minor jitter on their turrets when the command is issued, but other than that they don't fire or do anything.

From the rpt (to show parameters are being fed in correctly):

"FINAL POS [2394.56,5664.22,1.2463]"

"MAG TYPE 32Rnd_155mm_Mo_shells"

"SHOT COUNT 6"

and the command is issued thus:

_vehicle doArtilleryFire [_final_pos, _mag_type, _shot_count];

(_vehicle parameter is passed correctly too).

If anyone else is affected, post up here and I'll put together a repro mission for a ticket. Just want to make sure it's not just me getting this. Thx.

Do Steam Workshop scenarios work for MP for anyone? When I tried to host a mission on Saturday, Play button didn't work for subscription scenarios.

Do Steam Workshop scenarios work for MP for anyone? When I tried to host a mission on Saturday, Play button didn't work for subscription scenarios.

Haven't worked for me.

I don't know enough about the Lynx to say this isn't a bug for certain but I would like to point this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermeshing_rotors

Intermeshing only applies to main rotors. Getting a main rotor and a tail rotor to intermesh is a significant technical challenge - not one that's been solved to the best of my knowledge.

Intermeshing only applies to main rotors. Getting a main rotor and a tail rotor to intermesh is a significant technical challenge - not one that's been solved to the best of my knowledge.

Chinooks Blades intermesh as I recall, and so did some of the Kaman helis (The Huskie, and I think the super sea sprite SH-2). But the Lynx doesn't have intermeshing blades.

Unified squad leaders and team leaders ammo count across factions

Unified basic rifleman / scouts magazine ammo count across factions

Some more arcade balancing. Great job BIS, you are totally doing good thing to the game.

Some more arcade balancing. Great job BIS, you are totally doing good thing to the game.

Why do the default amounts matter to you?