Yep, the new vehicles are pretty awesome - they give the AAF a bunch of new tactical options without overpowering them. Just ran a bunch of tests, and in a straight field battle of even Kumas versus Varsuks or Slammers, they get destroyed hard. Usually 3:1 casualty rate.

I think the Hellcat needs a variant that has a small amount of guided AT missiles though. I like the loadout of the default one, mind, but I do feel there needs to be one with some guided AT or maybe some DAGR. (Partially due to the fact that in a Hellcat the commander MGs of the various side armour can kill the pilots pretty easily when setting up for a rocket run)

(Also, an unarmed variant in the Digicam and the Armed variants in the Olive Drab - like the Black/Camo versions of the CSAT helis)

Is it just me or Hellcat's main rotor is danger close or even collides with back rotor?

Also getting in animation is buggy a little bit.

Also it rotates rather slow doesn't it, almost like the last "step" in rotating speed never kicks in like in other helos.

Getting out also doesn't immediately disable controlling the helo, you can take off and gain a lot of altitude while the get out animation is playing, resulting in free fall and deadly death! :icon_twisted:

Overall nice stuff when polished out.

Thanks for the news awesome toys. Sadly i got frustrated fast again, because of the driving AI. Its still absolute ridicoulis;-(

I will attach a sample mission later. The AI in convoys is so fuggin frustrating, still after so many changes.

There has to be a better solution.

There are always better solutions... But then people start crying about bad performance in the game again.

Here are few tests with tanks. First Slammer vs Kuma Took me 6 or 5 shots to destroy it

Second Kuma vs Slammer 1 hit and tank is destroyed

Seeing the Get-in animation on the Hellcat with the pilot oozing through the door without opening it, I was wondering if there are any plans to bring back the manually operatable doors like they have been in an early alpha (or beta) build on the Iffrit. I liked that feature quite a bit, and the pilot get-in anim looks cool but with the doors not opening, it looks as out-of-place as the default "pull-up" anim in Arma 2.
This x1000. I was literally just about to ask about the status about the opening and closing of doors. They said they took it out because they wanted to release it when it was applied to all vehicles. I don't know if they've since dropped the project or not.

Here are few tests with tanks. First Slammer vs Kuma Took me 6 or 5 shots to destroy it

Second Kuma vs Slammer 1 hit and tank is destroyed

This is the sweetspot, 1 shot 1 kill.

First of all get in animation in Wy-55 Hellcat,hand true closed doors,second thing watching player getting out of the helicopter from 3rd person his head stays in cockpit and stretch until animation is finished. and sorry to say but 3D moder in BIS,how does he dont get boring by reediting same vehicles all the time??? XD

Great job with the update. Vehicles fit pretty organic with all the other AAF assets. I like the tank prototype selection.

Cant seem to find the black MXs... not in ammo crates or on a soldier?

They're only available through scripting at the moment. One of the classnames is "arifle_MXM_black_F" (all are available through config browser)

New AAF tank seems to be a clone of T-100 in everything but visuals. Why?

And then BIS says balancing is a myth.

It seems superior to the T-100 IMO, looks better, has a coaxial MG for the gunner as well as a commander HMG

So?

I think all tanks should do the same if we don't know the specs. That's for good for PVP gameplay such as Wasteland.

T-34-85 is completely useless against any tank above its power level in A2, which is not realistic. That's balancing.

The T-34-85, a mid WW2 medium tank being worthless against MBTs is a fact, not balancing.

How do you know, I mean have you checked the models in terms of armor thickness and weakspots?

Also their coax MGs have different calibers and ammo count for commander HMGs are different.

What differences you'd like to see in them?

All in all great additions! Some bugs

-The Mora IFV ammo casing eject point does not rotate with the turret. The mirrors also do not work.

-The Kuma MBT has no "destoyed" texture or model and the player can walk through the model once destryed

-The T-100 has got a new coax MG! but when firing the smoke come out from the commanger MG

Nicely done with the black MX's, but I think they are slightly "too glossy" (same goes for the magazine). Can you also make a black version of the holo scope?

Nicely done with the black MX's, but I think they are slightly "too glossy" (same goes for the magazine). Can you also make a black version of the holo scope?

Oh yes, we really need a black holographic sight, it doesn't fit with non-tan weapons.

Question is wether they have the same speed, armour thickness and hitbox dimensions. They're all tanks, so... I´d still be in favor of adding Mini-Titan missiles to be launchable from the Slammer and T-100 to give them an edge.

Another thing would be the defensive systems. The Kuma has them modelled too, and having them work would be really cool.

Edited by InstaGoat

apparently in the future there isn't a recoil for IFV/APC main guns

The new vehicles are a great addions. I hope you could fix the small bugs.

I think the new black MX's are atmosphere killer, because if you put the black weapons down, the weapons aren't black -> They are brown again.

That's a very anoying bug.

Cant seem to find the black MXs... not in ammo crates or on a soldier?

The CTRG guys have the black MX's.

NATO>STORY>Hardy,Northgate,etc