OK who nobbled the patch today ? Eh? Come on, show yourself ;)

It was her (points in a random direction) :icon_twisted:

Update should be already in progress of downloading now (some 395 MB or so) :icon_twisted:

can anyone else confirm that BIS_fnc_dirTo can wrongly return a negative value?

Doesn't this belong in scripting somewhere? But, to answer your question, yes, it always has returned "raw" atan2 values from -180 to 180. To get a 0-360 compass direction, simply:

hint str ((([player,[1,1,0]] call BIS_fnc_dirTo) + 360) % 360);

Back to the dev branch discussion, I'm still getting this problem :(:

those using Debug console:

anybody noticed both execute and watch fields don't save their last used values, always reverting to the earlier state (as of yesterdays dev build's)?

Is it still present for you too, gamma? I noticed from some YT videos he posted yesterday that NouberNou did not suffer from this issue, so maybe it's just the two of us?! Annoying to work around (didn't realize just how much I got used to that sweet, sweet debug console functionality ;)).

Ed: Just noticed the camera script error I posted yesterday has been fixed. Awesome. Thanks, BIS.

Edited by Make Love Not War

OK who nobbled the patch today ? Eh? Come on, show yourself ;)

Me :-)

Title says it all.

The BLUFOR 3GL, which is a Metalstorm type weapon able to load and fire three grenades in rapid succession from a single tube, has in the game only the old 1-round classic grenades unless the 3-rounders are added by scripting (they have been in the game since Alpha just not used in default grenadier loadouts).

Shouldn't the default loadout include the metalstorm 3-shot grenades (for simplicity sake, let's call it a 3-shot grenade even though in reality you can load and mix different kind of rounds in the 3GL yourself, the game would still treat it as a single magazine with three same rounds)?

The way it is now, lot of people are missing the fun of 3GL, unless they remember it's actually ingame (or use some gear selection script like VAS), because it's not in the default crates nor loadouts. And it's missing from the campaign and official missions as well.

Is that for balancing purposes? Storyline purposes? (I don't think the 3GL is the supersecret NATO weapon from the old 2011 storyline, is it?) Or just overlooked by the devs and now subconsciously set in stone? Or just partly cut due to game development process?

Ticket created.

Edited by fraczek

Is it still present for you too, gamma? I noticed from some YT videos he posted yesterday that NouberNou did not suffer from this issue, so maybe it's just the two of us?! Annoying to work around (didn't realize just how much I got used to that sweet, sweet debug console functionality ;)).

Unfortunately yes... also noticed Nou's yesterday's video is with dev's 1.07.112218, issue appeared in 1.07.112324. So i bet he just avoided updating. Indeed, its functionality is very crippled with this bug, Moricky's on it, going by the tracker. :)

There are also not really enough of the 3-shot-rounds. You have a 3-Shot version of HE, but by far not all Smokes and Flare Rounds are covered. So, every 1-shot-round avaliable should get its' 3-shot pendant, first.

Yep pretty annoying to test some things now. It's not just you two :D

I guess that's because the feature is unfinished, perhaps. And the real life capability (if it ever gets fielded by anyone...) of Metalstorm's 3GL - mixing up rounds manually (e.g. first is nonlethal, two lethal) would be pretty hard for Arma3 if it counts a 3GL 3round as a single one type ammo magazine (ACE3 maybe?). Though adding 3rounders of smoke would be very simple I guess.

I wondered what those 3GL things even were. Never even saw a 3-shot launcher in the game at any point.

I have a problem in the last DevBranch (18th Nov, dunno if it was there before, although I remember it not being so few months ago IIRC).

Pedal Left/Right and Bank Left/Right are tied together across Helicopters and Airplanes.

Which is nice if you use a full HoTAS with separate pedals, but not so nice if using just a controller like PS3/DS3 (or a twist joystick for heli pedals). Where usually, with a controller, I would like Heli pedals on the controller left and right and collective on the mouse left/right, but with planes it's easier to have bank on the controller and pedals on the mouse. Now it doesn't allow me to.

^^ Just tested and i don't get that effect, at least in helis.

Make sure your controllers rudder is associated with "left pedal" instead of "turn left", i got exacly this effect when i got it switched for some reason. (the heli would bank only at high speeds with the wrong setting).

"Configured new marker lights for e.g. runway lights and airport tower lights" Does this mean better lights? I tested in game and saw what looked like new lights for everything but the blue lights on the runway. Are they supposed to be the way they are in game?

The problem I have is that plane Bank and heli Pedals are tied together (perhaps sensibly as it might be a design decision to not confuse players). They even show in red in keybinds. Thus I can't have a different control in planes and helis for banking/pedals. In helis I much prefer pedals on the xbox controller left/right (and collective on up/down), as it is easier to do funnels and things like that than with mouse and more precise than pedals on keys only, while in planes I prefer the xbox controller to map exactly to hotas with rudder by mouse. Obviously, it's up to the devs how much they allow players to mess with with controls.

I wondered what those 3GL things even were. Never even saw a 3-shot launcher in the game at any point.

Just for your info the MXGL has been a 3 round launcher since the game was released in Alpha.

it's probably the way it is for balance reasons and to be honest its one of the balance things I'm totally fine with as you can just add the 3 round magazines if you really want it

Can we have blinding lights back? Or anything better than this: (yes that is a flashlght turned on)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/702855402820799867/F6A1FCC19730F846DF0303E0EDFFA95453FE1E14/

Same for vehicles: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/702855402820807756/ED2B3FF81486D5FF81058F879150F88D905BB6E0/

Those textures were kind of nice but with many light sources in the screen they became repetitive and looked bad. Any mid-groud here?

Navigation lights are....BAD....but I reckon these have been changed in the past week:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/702855402821072086/5AFE24D804B5DD9BA8DBF177F3B25269F0B807F2/

Credits where they're due, IR laser "end" effect is really nice:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/702855402820804491/11B48A73E5AC15E51B961D5628B5D66A6474BFE9/

And finally, can you enhance your Stance Indicator to also show your current speed? With tactical pace and walk toggleable things get messy sometimes. Suggestion:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13529

1049283761CEM.jpg

After recent patches, there is now error message displayed for, bin\config.bin/CfgMarkerColors.ColorCivilian. Have the colorname changed?

Edit: Seems like ColorCivilian is now ColorCIV. Will need to remove those colors until next official patch. :(

Sorry about that, should be fixed in the next dev build.

Credits where they're due, IR laser "end" effect is really nice:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/702855402820804491/11B48A73E5AC15E51B961D5628B5D66A6474BFE9/

Uh, did you edit that? That's not what my laser blob looks like at all. It's basically just a circle.

Never mind, my game hadn't auto-updated for some reason, I was a version behind.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Unfortunately yes... also noticed Nou's yesterday's video is with dev's 1.07.112218, issue appeared in 1.07.112324. So i bet he just avoided updating. Indeed, its functionality is very crippled with this bug, Moricky's on it, going by the tracker. :)

Ah, cool. Didn't think to look at the version number in the vid. Clever. ;) In any case, just wanted to double-check that it wasn't a problem on my end (corrupted profile or something...?). As long as BIS is aware of the issue it's all good; I'm sure it will be resolved shortly.

Uh, did you edit that? That's not what my laser blob looks like at all. It's basically just a circle.

Probably , only

Edited by RobertHammer