I was wondering after the vest has been hit by bullets and you are hurt, once you treat yourself or are healed by medic or ambulance, if the broken vest gets well again?

Can someone confirm this?

Edited by msy

Imagine a person who never touched physics saying "Substances can be in form other than gas, solid or liquid, that's physics". While he accidentally is spot on - he is still not an authority, unless he actually provides formulae/proof describing that fourth state (plasma, in this case). Why? Because next time he may claim "Moon is made of cheese, that's physics" - with same credibility.

The thing about science is that you don't need to possess a degree - you can be a janitor, yet give out formally correct calculations which can survive peer review by corresponding professionals. And if they are correct, they will be correct regardless of author's social status, combat experience and socks color.

I see your point yes, but I still don't think that applies very well to common knowledge, such as bullet lacking the energy to throw a person off his feet, it's merely creating tension and hurting the discussion at hand to demand "not arguable" proof.

But this is getting way off topic and we should prolly stop. :)

Each day I check the Dev Branch to see if BIS has polished the Campaign. I see many improvements .......but I can't understand why they haven't fixed the most obvious things to make the Single Campaign more legit:

1) Give Cpl. Kerry some headsets at the beginning of the game. When Kerry first approaches the chopper at LZ Conner, you hear Sgt. Adams call Kerry on the headset, but Kerry doesn't have a headset. Also, while they are flying on the helicopter from LZ Conner to Camp Rogan, you can hear Adams, Lacey, and November talking to each other over those loud chopper blades...... we are playing Kerry on the chopper because we can go from 1st to 3rd person with Kerry's character while hearing those 3 men talk on the headset, yet Kerry doesn't have a headset. Why can't BiS fix this to make it more legit. Again, it seems amateurish to me when I see this at the beginning of the Campaign. Eventually, I have to find a helmet and take it off a dead guy.....then I have a headset.

2) Saluting. That hasn't been fixed yet either. Again, you don't salute an officer in a combat zone or out in the open field. Also, one enlisted man salutes another enlisted man at Camp Maxwell...... big no, no. Also, at Rogan, an officer salutes an enlisted man first....again, big no no. The Enlisted man salutes the officer "first," not the other way around.

3) Using the word "Sir". Kerry keeps calling other enlisted people "Sir." You only call an officer "Sir."

These are simple fixes to make this wonderful Campaign more realistic. I don't know if you can fix the voice stuff, but I know you can fix the Saluting and the headset on Kerry. Please, please, BIS, fix this....it will make your game seem more realistic.

Edited by rehtus777

I was wondering after the vest has been hit by bullets and you are hurt, once you treat yourself or are healed by medic or ambulance, if the broken vest gets well again?

Can someone confirm this?

It would make sense to not have any medical aid fix vests.

those using Debug console:

anybody noticed both execute and watch fields don't save their last used values, always reverting to the earlier state (as of yesterdays dev build's)?

Bullets can go through body‘s os pelvicum without any hit

the os pelvicum, means the bullets can go through the part which is above your "brother" and below your waist. and you won't get any hurt.

It should be some config issue.

Just look at my pic. At first I confirm the MG bullets is lower than the zeroing point. But as you can see, behind the man there is spatter dirt at the same time you cant see the shot hole. This is because the man has blanked the hole.

Every weapon and every bullets can test this and it always has the issue. I use HMG for example because it is stable and I won't shoot his waist.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16072

Edit: to be more precise, when the shooting distance is very close such as <10m, this issue exists.

Edited by msy

Love the MRAPS now have bullet proof glass. I found they stop upto 6.5mm. But I am unsure of how much the MRAPS should be stopping, though I found the hulls got damaged by 6.5mm to easily.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Bullets can go through body‘s os pelvicum without any hit

the os pelvicum, means the bullets can go through the part which is above your "brother" and below your waist. and you won't get any hurt.

It should be some config issue.

Just look at my pic. At first I confirm the MG bullets is lower than the zeroing point. But as you can see, behind the man there is spatter dirt at the same time you cant see the shot hole. This is because the man has blanked the hole.

Every weapon and every bullets can test this and it always has the issue. I use HMG for example because it is stable and I won't shoot his waist.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16072

Edit: to be more precise, when the shooting distance is very close such as <10m, this issue exists.

Vests should only protect the parts of the body they supposed to protect, not make the entire character take more bullets.

Love the MRAPS now have bullet proof glass. I found they stop upto 6.5mm. But I am unsure of how much the MRAPS should be stopping, though I found the hulls got damaged by 6.5mm to easily.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Vests should only protect the parts of the body they supposed to protect, not make the entire character take more bullets.

Did you fully read my word? who cares about the vest? Did you see my pic? who can see the bullets hole behind the man?

Did you fully read my word? who cares about the vest? Did you see my pic? who can see the bullets hole behind the man?

Lol, my bad. Maybe some new futuristic bullet teleporting armor? Jk :)

those using Debug console:

anybody noticed both execute and watch fields don't save their last used values, always reverting to the earlier state (as of yesterdays dev build's)?

Yarp! Can confirm. Just came here to ask about this myself. Also, after today's build started getting following error when starting up Splendid Camera:

Error in expression <_showPositions;

with uinamespace do {
BIS_fnc_guiEffectTiles_ppChromAberration>
 Error position: <BIS_fnc_guiEffectTiles_ppChromAberration>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_guieffecttiles_ppchromaberration
File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_camera.sqf, line 273

There is no fixed time for these, but usually there are 2-3 weeks between main branch updates. We do indeed plan our next one (1.06) in the next 2 weeks.

Is everything still on track for a ARMA 3 stable build patch at the end of next week? My clan have reverted to ARMA 2 :( until the things like the AI silent weapon bug is fixed in the stable version.

the AI silent weapon bug is fixed in the stable version.

Never ever encountered that one, are you using some dodgy combination of mods?

The new setObjectTextureGlobal command is spelled wrong in the debug console and in other helpers. When I type in setObjectTextureGlobal into a vehicle init or a debug console, it comes up as "setObjectTexTureGlobal" with an uppercase "T" were it should be lowercase.

I don't know what you guys did but the game feels so much more fluid lately. I just recently switched to the dev build again since the campaign release and things are feeling great. Was there anything in particular?

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or intentional, but it seems like many weapons default to 100m as the zeroing distance...even the Lynx! :butbut: Also, when I would switch between my pistol and the Lynx, it would reset the zeroing to 100m.

In OA it seemed like most of them were 300m, which makes a lot more sense to me.

EDIT: Did some more testing, and what it is, is that depending on what sight you equip, the zeroing changes. Okay, makes sense...HOWEVER...when you remove that sight, the zeroing will go back to some random value (not the default).

For instance, on the Lynx, the default zeroing seems to be 200m. If you add a SOS sight, it jumps to 500m. If you remove that sight, it will drop to...100m?! Then add another sight, a red dot this time...300m. Remove that, back to 200m (or 100m, not sure, I think it's almost random...).

In any case, it should really keep the zeroing you set it to before/after attaching a sight to it. Default of 300m would make sense for heavy anti-material rifles like that, and then when attaching a scope, 500m makes sense. But if you remove it, don't have it go back down to 100-200m...doesn't really make sense.

Edited by MavericK96

can anyone else confirm that BIS_fnc_dirTo can wrongly return a negative value?

//create unit on map, execute this in debug:
hint str ([player,[1,1,0]] call BIS_fnc_dirTo);

Returns the compass direction from object/position 1 to

object/position 2. Return is always >=0 <360

Edited by dr_strangepete

I have above 55 fps (by ultra) but the player camera is still shaking. I change all my setups to very low (what the hell) and nevertheless the game (only player camera) is shaking. This problem is annoying me since the today's update. Maybe this problem existing since yesterday. But before there it dosen't exist.

I know it's "dev" therefore i hope BIS will find a solution for this problem.

Now I havent any performance problems. That was a mistake by myself with object view distance that i set about 8.000 accidentally.

The performance is pretty better than before since the last dev. update -> That's awesome.

Now I havent any performance problems. That was a mistake by myself with object view distance that i set about 8.000 accidentally.

The performance is pretty better than before since the last dev. update -> That's awesome.

Nice so I must be noticing something legit. I went to Dev build this time from campaign release though so I missed a few in between which makes it hard to narrow down where this fix happened. Do you know which build it was?

Sorry, I dont now the exactly build but I notice the performance boost this weekend. It must be one of the last.

Sorry, I dont now the exactly build but I notice the performance boost this weekend. It must be one of the last.

You're being very non-specific, are you sure it was even Arma3 you were playing? :)

After recent patches, there is now error message displayed for, bin\config.bin/CfgMarkerColors.ColorCivilian. Have the colorname changed?

Edit: Seems like ColorCivilian is now ColorCIV. Will need to remove those colors until next official patch. :(

Edited by SaOk

After recent patches, there is now error message displayed for, bin\config.bin/CfgMarkerColors.ColorCivilian. Have the colorname changed?

Edit: Seems like ColorCivilian is now ColorCIV. Will need to remove those colors until next official patch. :(

No other news ? I read more content from only you than all the dev's from 3 weeks.

I can spleep again a long time :(