is it not possible to add a ppeffect to the thermal imaging or is it broken?

still no answer :(

Is anything going to be done with the suppressors damage effects, weapon damage and AI reaction to hits? I've just performed a test - a soldier needs to take 6(!) hits of MX (normal) with suppressor, if shot into lower body. Same weapon non-suppressed does it with 3 rounds.

I'm not a medical expert, but shouldn't he be in pain shock (aka dead) after 1-2 rounds?

This leads to truly stupid situlations like one I was in today - I've stormed into a room with one enemy and started shooting at him with MX SD, center mass, point blank, full auto. He started responding with Mk20. Then it went like this:

1. I started shooting first, so I put two rounds into him
  2. Then he started shooting, first round - miss
  3. My third round also hits
  4. He finishes me with the second shot - his aim didn't even twitch

That's plain WTF.

Edited by DarkWanderer

Yeah, I can't count the times I land multiple hits on standing enemies and they still take calm aim and headshot me. No matter the ammo.

Thank god for TPW Fall.

Sabot hit effect tweaked

What did change? The sparks particles are still not bright at night..

Anyone noticed yet how resistant choppers are against 30/40/120 mm?

Light armored vehicles (Strider, Hunter, etc.): Blow up when hit once with 120 mm AP or three to four 30/40 mm AP. Perfectly fine.

Choppers, even the non-armored or only slightly armored ones can take several hits with 120 mm AP and a whole bunch of hits of 30/40 mm AP or HE without blowing up. In many cases they just keep on flying, even when hit with 2 or more 120 mm AP or several 30/40mm AP/HE .. ??

A small but certain area damage effect for 30/40 and especially 120 mm AP ammo would be nice, in houses and outside, to simulate the shrapnel flying around when those rounds are hitting rocks, walls or concrete.

Another issue: Not tested in singleplayer/editor yet, only recognized in multiplayer on the server I was playing: The buildings are pretty resistant against tank shells, aren't they? 5+ hits with 120 mm AP or HE: No damage at all to any building I fired shells at/into.

Oh and last but not least, please adjust the amount of ammo for the vehicles. I know you added the exact amount of ready-to-fire ammo those APCs have in real life, but usually they also carry more ammo which can be reloaded by the crew. So why not in Arma 3??

And also please adjust the ammo for the light armor, why would they move into battle with only 1 backup case of rounds? (e.g. Strider HMG)

Anyone noticed yet how resistant choppers are against 30/40/120 mm?

Choppers, even the non-armored or only slightly armored ones can take several hits with 120 mm AP and a whole bunch of hits of 30/40 mm AP or HE without blowing up. In many cases they just keep on flying, even when hit with 2 or more 120 mm AP or several 30/40mm AP/HE .. ??

And yet they can easily be taken down by small arms fire... :p

And yet they can easily be taken down by small arms fire... :p

Depleted uranium? :)

We couldn't hear each other shooting our weapons tonight after the 400mb ish update on Dev Build

Only fixed on the transport and covered transport versions. The other five or so variants still have the issue.

Please report it then at Issue 0013934. I can't confirm the fix since I don't have access to ARMA3 right now. If possible post screenshots of which variants still have this, I'll reopen the issue upon confirmation.

For me the non radio voices of NPCs are very low volume. I can barely hear what any character is saying during campaign unless its over the radio does anyone else have this problem?

Before anyone tells me to go to feedback tracker, I already did that so there.

Please report it then at Issue 0013934. I can't confirm the fix since I don't have access to ARMA3 right now. If possible post screenshots of which variants still have this, I'll reopen the issue upon confirmation.

From what I see it seems like all the HEMTTs have been fixed but just the transport ones made it into dev branch. I'll double-check that and it should be ready today :icon_twisted:

For me the non radio voices of NPCs are very low volume. I can barely hear what any character is saying during campaign unless its over the radio does anyone else have this problem?

I had this problem in 5.1/7.1 sound configuration. Had to switch to stereo.

Are the flare rounds for mortars and artillery broken for everybody?

I can fire a UGL flare and illuminate the surrounding area ok, but if I fire a flare from mortar or self propelled gun, then it does not illuminate anything. The flare appears in the sky, but no light is emitted.

I'll make a ticket if anyone can confirm. (Can't check FT at the mo as I'm at work and it's a blacklisted site from my work PC.

Before anyone tells me to go to feedback tracker, I already did that so there.

I have the same problem, I also noticed that the volume can either be higher or lower depending in which direction your looking.

New underwater effect for smoke grenades

Looks nice BUT....

....The effect can´t be seen from outside of the water.

....Is pretty useless since we can´t throw anything while diving. (Why was that ability removed?)

have you ever tried to throw anything while diving in real life.. you cant..

Are the flare rounds for mortars and artillery broken for everybody?

I can fire a UGL flare and illuminate the surrounding area ok, but if I fire a flare from mortar or self propelled gun, then it does not illuminate anything. The flare appears in the sky, but no light is emitted.

I'll make a ticket if anyone can confirm. (Can't check FT at the mo as I'm at work and it's a blacklisted site from my work PC.

They do emit light, but it's very very dim, so kind of confirmed.

Slammer now can be destroyed by two RPG's to the front... a bit easy isn't it? :P I wouldn't mind if the front of tanks would be impenetrable by anything other that Titan-type missile. Although I know: WIP :). Tested with AI RPG soldiers. Edit. When aiming myself i need to use more that 2 rpgs... damn AIs are accurate.

Edit. I've managed to destroy T-100 ONCE with 1 RPG then with 5... it seems I was lucky(targeted the most vulnerable point maybe?).

Edited by Byku

Slammer now can be destroyed by two RPG's to the front... a bit easy isn't it? :P I wouldn't mind if the front of tanks would be impenetrable by anything other that Titan-type missile. Although I know: WIP :). Tested with AI RPG soldiers. Edit. When aiming myself i need to use more that 2 rpgs... damn AIs are magical O.o.

Edit. I've managed to destroy T-100 ONCE with 1 RPG then with 5... it seems I was lucky(targeted the most vulnerable point maybe?).

I think there's a soft spot between the turret and the hull? Really hard to hit though. OR the tank has turned more vulnerable altogether in some patch. Haven't tried myself.

They do emit light, but it's very very dim, so kind of confirmed.

Thanks, I'll check that out when I get home.

have you ever tried to throw anything while diving in real life.. you cant..

Yes, you can't throw anything, but you can drop something. Examples:

1.Drop a chemlight to mark SDV position/RV point

2.Drop a smoke grenade to create bubbles on surface and lure the enemy (player) to go investigate.

3.Drop a grenade to commit suicide :)

4.Swim to surface and lob a grenade into a boat next to you

That's what I can think of momentarily.

Yes, you can't throw anything, but you can drop something. Examples:

1.Drop a chemlight to mark SDV position/RV point

2.Drop a smoke grenade to create bubbles on surface and lure the enemy (player) to go investigate.

3.Drop a grenade to commit suicide :)

4.Swim to surface and lob a grenade into a boat next to you

That's what I can think of momentarily.

We should be able to.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

I think there's a soft spot between the turret and the hull? Really hard to hit though. OR the tank has turned more vulnerable altogether in some patch. Haven't tried myself.

I would hope its not a guessing game on the developers part. Hopefully they are using real world data for the Merkava MK4 with these tweaks. Its armor has many myths though.

Though its armor is really strong and should be realistic in game.

Fixed MRCO lens issue - nice :)

Yeah I'm happy about it too. It was very glaring and immersion breaking. Glad it's finally fixed.

Edit:

Oh wait, this was a different issue with the MRCO. I was hoping this one would be fixed.

2013-11-05_00001_zps49deed0b.jpg

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14636

MRCO + MX3GL

MRCO + Katiba GL

MRCO + STING

MRCO + PDW2000

The above weapons have have the alpha problems with the MRCO.

Edited by L3TUC3