That's odd, I just got a small update to the dev branch like a minute ago.

What is odd with that? Dev branch updates happen daily.

That's odd, I just got a small update to the dev branch like a minute ago.

Getting a 325mb DL right now.

Some mention of weapon progression. I assume it means the keeping of weapons from a previous mission to the next, because I don't want to have to unlock the RCO.

Please post any feedback related to the campaign episode in > this thread <.

As stated there, please try to avoid mentioning any spoilers, but if you do have to write something "spoilery", put it in spoiler tags. ;)

While playing the campaign my memory gets flooded, all of the 32GB... Alt-Tabbing resets it back to ~6GB, and then it starts flooding again.

While playing the campaign my memory gets flooded, all of the 32GB... Alt-Tabbing resets it back to ~6GB, and then it starts flooding again.

Can you check which process is consuming so much memory? (Task manager.)

Arma3 alone normally shouldn't be able to. (32bit exe is limited to 4GB.)

EDIT: quoting for new page, just in case anyone misses it:

Please post any feedback related to the campaign episode in > this thread <.

As stated there, please try to avoid mentioning any spoilers, but if you do have to write something "spoilery", put it in spoiler tags. ;)

Can you check which process is consuming so much memory? (Task manager.)

Arma3 alone normally shouldn't be able to. (32bit exe is limited to 4GB.)

Seems to have been a glitch; restarted Arma3 and now it is gone.

It wasn't the RAM but pagefile that was growing /w 50MB/s until it reaches the max. amount of physical RAM.

Will investigate further if it happens again.

EDIT: Did some further testing as I did keep encountering this 'glitch':

First of all: It is not related to the new campaign, just starting A3 will flood the pagefile.

Only in full screen mode (NOT windowed mode) the amount of 'Committed Bytes' keeps growing. If a pagefile has been set to a specific amount, exceeding this amount will trigger an 'almost out of memory'-message by Windows (8.1).

Had my pagefile fixed, variable, on an SSD and on a HDD, all making no difference; except for having A3 in a window, which does not seem to suffer from this behavior.

Edited by NoPOW

No inventories via the journal.

On the briefing/map, don't see anymore the gear of my teammates.

Seems to have been a glitch; restarted Arma3 and now it is gone.

It wasn't the RAM but pagefile that was growing /w 50MB/s until it reaches the max. amount of physical RAM.

Will investigate further if it happens again.

EDIT: Did some further testing as I did keep encountering this 'glitch':

First of all: It is not related to the new campaign, just starting A3 will flood the pagefile.

Only in full screen mode (NOT windowed mode) the amount of 'Committed Bytes' keeps growing. If a pagefile has been set to a specific amount, exceeding this amount will trigger an 'almost out of memory'-message by Windows (8.1).

Had my pagefile fixed, variable, on an SSD and on a HDD, all making no difference; except for having A3 in a window, which does not seem to suffer from this behavior.

your using win8.1?

i have heard the exact same thing from a mate.

he saw this in:

endless space

L4D2

Portal

Civ 5

X3 terran conflict

about 5 different indies running in full screen

hate to say it but i think its a WIN 8.1 issue, much like the mouse input **** up (lets just divide the input by 8)

It could be a Windows 8.1 issue...

But it caught my eye immediately after today's update; probably would have seen it if it was there before, not sure though...

Are there any plans to add a new machine gun to the AAF faction (isnt mk200 nato?), and another AT/AA launcher for CSAT and AAF instead of the titan?

Is there a scripted thunder sound in campaign or why I can't get that awesome sound when I'm playing in the editor?

Yes, they use a function to create thunder and lightning where they want, and it plays a custom sound.

Yes, they use a function to create thunder and lightning where they want, and it plays a custom sound.

Dam we need that sound for the thunder because Arma 3's thunder sounds worse than Arma 2's.

Yeah it's a bit odd that BIS sometimes uses custom sounds like that in missions, it's a kind of tacit acknowledgement that certain sounds aren't good enough.

•Added: Simulation of movement effect for rain

Whats dis? :p

People reported that rain still fell straight down, even when moving through it at high speed. (I.e. its speed was always relative to the camera view.)

Presumably this has now been fixed. :)

People reported that rain still fell straight down, even when moving through it at high speed. (I.e. its speed was always relative to the camera view.)

Presumably this has now been fixed. :)

Gave it a go, rain no longer falls straight down when you're moving. Flying a little bird through the rain is pretty cool looking.

Unfortunately this only applies to X and Y velocity, so when you're free-falling, the rain still falls down at a fixed speed relative to you. It would be awesome to fall at the same or near speed to the rain.

Gave it a go, rain no longer falls straight down when you're moving. Flying a little bird through the rain is pretty cool looking.

Unfortunately this only applies to X and Y velocity, so when you're free-falling, the rain still falls down at a fixed speed relative to you. It would be awesome to fall at the same or near speed to the rain.

We just need rain while free falling fixed, rain affects visibility (controllable), and rain hitting the windshield of vehicles forcing you to turn on some wipers!

Feels like rain should be more visible at night in headlights or flashlights. I've noticed from a 3pv perspective you can see rain more -opposite- the light source, ie: behind it. But when you have a flashlight it looks like there's no rain at all in first person. I believe it should be more the opposite, so you can only see rain that's in light and that makes using flashlights and headlights in the rain more hazardous. Not to mention rain comes off really bright in NVGs which seems unrealistic.

-edit-

Another thing I've just noticed is that air control towers can be destroyed rather easily just by shooting them with the AH-9 miniguns

Edited by JerrBerr

One thing that catched my eye in your post was when you said something along these lines: "what the sight sees, is what the muzzle sees"

Now, when I'm behind cover shooting the enemies while revealing as little of myself as possible, the muzzle is often almost touching the obstacle I'm behind of, the sights are of course well clear of it because they sit couple of inches higher than the barrel, It's the operator's job to make sure the barrel also clears the obstacle.

The AI isn't able to shoot either if their barrel isn't clear btw, they won't and if they would they'd hit the rock too, no difference compared to player.

I think it would be nice to have some sort of indication that your muzzle is being blocked by a close object. Nothing too intrusive, but in real life you would be able to easily tell if your muzzle was hitting something or not, whereas in ArmA it is very difficult to do so (best way right now is to pull up the Command menu and see if the cursor moves off of center).

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Another issue I'd like to bring up, which I'm sure has been brought up in the past, is that small arms fire does WAY too much damage to aircraft. In testing I have found that you can completely disable a Hummingbird with one (or possibly less) magazine from a 6.5mm weapon. Likewise, with a 9mm pistol you can actually completely disable the instrumentation with one magazine. I know the Hummingbird is a light helicopter, but does that seem realistic to anyone? The same issue exists with the Ghosthawk, though it is marginally less "squishy" than the Hummingbird. (Only marginally...)