We are still trying to implement at least some features requested by the community, but bear in mind that everything takes time

Gabe said this about HL3. Half Life 3 confirmed.

Seriously though, glad to see BI are keeping tabs on the community feedback. Hope to see more cool features in the Dev branch soon!

Edited by Marcai

What about fastrope then?

And shooting from vehicles (like MH-9)?

Possibly WIP features are not the subject of this thread (nor this subforum), and since the devs are being tight lipped about the features they are working on, asking about them here is unlikely to yield any kind of confirmation.

Please stick to the topic at hand.

Both were shot down (as, at best, "no promises") months ago.

sam_3689.jpg

Rad... the russians are developing crazy badass looking turrets. Can we maybe replace the one on the kamysh with this one here, at some point? :> (This apparently is designated a heavy pacification unit, and is mounted on a T-72 chassis?)

Edit: mentioned on Janes and Armyrecognition as BMPT-72 Terminator 2. http://www.armyrecognition.com/september_2013_defense_industry_military_news_uk/bmpt-72_terminator_2_new_generation_russian_tank_support_armored_fighting_vehicle_rae_2013_2809132.html

http://www.janes.com/article/27603/rae-2013-terminator-2-makes-its-debut

Edited by InstaGoat

Can we maybe replace the one on the kamysh with this one here, at some point?

+1 Excellent idea. :)

i did request BMPT in community wishes, i believe last year, when they showed terminator at russian arms expo 2012, along with t-90 sm "tagil". No idea, why BIS did not want to take at least some parts from it.

Check this:

That is probably the older Terminator 1 version, I guess, as rocket tubes are different.

Edited by OMAC

Am I the only one that thinks the bounciness of HE grenades (20mm/40mm) are totally out of whack?

Most of them should explode on impact. The way it is now, most bounce far off target.

Am I the only one that thinks the bounciness of HE grenades (20mm/40mm) are totally out of whack?

Most of them should explode on impact. The way it is now, most bounce far off target.

Don't know if it is realistic or not, but yeah those grenades usually bounce at least once before exploding on the second bounce.

Gun-Sounds are very weak now for me on the latest dev build (surround 5.1 ). Anyone else?

Never mind, the problem was on my end

Edited by goldenfiver

Dev question, what about the active protection systems on tanks? Right now Infantry can completely dominate all vehicles as long as they have missiles and rockets. Especially since the AI now understands how to use their AT against targets that are at the edge of their effective range.

Using current dev build, I had two terrible crashes while playing Metal Clone Boss user scenario in SP yesterday. My video hardware crashed to black screen ("Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"), both times necessitating hard computer power off. A3 itself did not crash, so there are no dump files. In playing that scenario, I also encountered this old issue from Arma 2 for COOP missions played in SP.

Using current dev build, I had two terrible crashes while playing Metal Clone Boss user scenario in SP yesterday. My video hardware crashed to black screen ("Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"), both times necessitating hard computer power off. A3 itself did not crash, so there are no dump files. In playing that scenario, I also encountered this old issue from Arma 2 for COOP missions played in SP.

That is usually related to overheating and/or faulty hardware, do you have a monitoring software installed to check your card temp?

They bounce a lot:

conyDBC.jpg

Of the 11 shots, 8 bounced and landed a few hundred meters behind the target. Fired 500m away and hit ground at an uphill, so on a level ground even more of them bounces. Ammo's deflection values need some tuning.

Not sure if this was asked before but why all player-written chat messages are now half-transparent? Chat becomes somewhat difficult to read when over bright background.

http://img.ii4.ru/images/2013/10/20/423927_arma3_2013_10_21_02_31_25_32.png (140 kB)

To me it's not only the player written messages, but also the AI and player automatic messages.

They bounce a lot:

http://i.imgur.com/conyDBC.jpg

Of the 11 shots, 8 bounced and landed a few hundred meters behind the target. Fired 500m away and hit ground at an uphill, so on a level ground even more of them bounces. Ammo's deflection values need some tuning.

I guess this is not wanted at all.

Are you running any mods?

Yay!

That is usually related to overheating and/or faulty hardware, do you have a monitoring software installed to check your card temp?

Yes, I use Afterburner for monitoring. Temps weren't that high, and I normally don't have this problem with A3. Hopefully my old dual-GPU GTX 295 (DX 10 only) isn't dying. Or maybe it's something funky about that mission.

Edited by OMAC

Yes, I use Afterburner for monitoring. Temps weren't that high, and I normally don't have this problem with A3. Hopefully my old dual-GPU GTX 295 (DX 10 only) isn't dying. Or maybe it's something funky about that mission.

Maybe run a stress test to see if your card still function properly under heavy stress, I use FurMark's Burn-in test to see if my overclocks are stable.

Use caution tho, the GPU can fubar if you let FurMark run unsupervised and the temps skyrocket, although this is unlikely for a stock card.