Is anyone able to see the Campaign option in the game menu since the last dev branch update?

Without that option, I'm unable to test the campaign I'm working in ( nor anyone else ).

Little disappointed we still haven't got lights and pointer attachments for the sidearms..... Any ETA's BIS?

cheers

Is anyone able to see the Campaign option in the game menu since the last dev branch update?

Without that option, I'm unable to test the campaign I'm working in ( nor anyone else ).

They removed it in preparation for the upcoming campaign. I take it that you are on Dev Branch as this should have only affected that.

They removed it in preparation for the upcoming campaign. I take it that you are on Dev Branch as this should have only affected that.

Indeed, well... guess that people will have to wait until the official campaign release to be able to play it again. :j:

It all sounds so easy.

Except, of course, that every surface will need a variable specular wet-material applied to it. :)

Instead of creating and applying a wet specular material to each asset, could you just create generic specular wet-material and apply it accross all assets? For example pourus surface like clothing would have a darkened wet soaked fileter, and light specular shine to it, whereas non-pourus surfaces like metal etc would have a heavier specular shine to it, with a droplet bump map like texture for the rain drops? Wouldnt it be easier then to just catagorize textures under a group of pourus and non-pourus and each group would have relevent materials applied to it? Just trying to think out of the box here.

I do believe over time, this Arma engine is going to be one of the best out there. Tough, it is a guaranteed long run. But once it gets polished, man oh man i cannot wait. Things i dream of like the atmosphere. Having low level clouds like these.

This would add so much to Altis and Stratis.

Anyone else have the same problem with the DMS optic as I do? I've redownloaded the dev branch and validated the local files multiple times, removed all mods and the DMS still refuses to be mounted on weapon or be spawned in the default CSAT Marksman loadout.

Anyone else have the same problem with the DMS optic as I do? I've redownloaded the dev branch and validated the local files multiple times, removed all mods and the DMS still refuses to be mounted on weapon or be spawned in the default CSAT Marksman loadout.

You have a mod with community made scopes. This interferes with new updates that include new scopes made by BIS. Not until they implement their new system will this be fixed.

Strange, I've removed ALL of my mods once before, but after reading your reply and doing it again it worked. Thanks

I do believe over time, this Arma engine is going to be one of the best out there. Tough, it is a guaranteed long run. But once it gets polished, man oh man i cannot wait. Things i dream of like the atmosphere. Having low level clouds like these.

arma 3 isn't even close to the best or most realistic in any category. it's old and it's quite sad how entrenched developers are these days they won't upgrade.

Just make a feature request ticket on FT.

The reduced binocular sway is nice, but I think there should be a little bit more sway when standing up, compared to prone.

arma 3 isn't even close to the best or most realistic in any category. it's old and it's quite sad how entrenched developers are these days they won't upgrade.

but battlefiled and cod are for sure!...

The button should appear once any campaign is detected - are you defining it in CfgMissions > Campaigns?

I just tried running into a electrical pole with a varsuk. Big problem. I wanted to see if the hightension wires would fall after my tank hit it. No. What happened was my tank bounced off of it and vaulted into the air at the same height as the wires. I did a few flips OVER A HOUSE, then landed on my treads like a cat. I don't think an electrical pole would win a fight with a tank. Especially launching a tank into the air.

Sorry do dissapoint you but I think that you have to high expectations from Arma3.

Cloud shadows would look so freaking cool on Altis.

Thanks for those 2 links, takes me back to my T6-B days...

The button should appear once any campaign is detected - are you defining it in CfgMissions > Campaigns?

No, I was adding the campaign like in the previous games ( in the Campaigns folder in the root Arma3 directory ), and it used to work fine; but since the option was removed in the last dev update, it disappeared.

Should I add it as an Addon? ( if I'm not wrong cfgmissions is only for addons )

Thank you for your answer :)

Should I add it as an Addon?

Only until the first official campaign episode is released (Oct 31). From that point there will once again always be at least 1 campaign in the game, and the button will always be shown. The current state is only temporary - after that you can use the older method of adding campaigns without problems :)

This is coming from another thread, but my reply wouldn't really fit into the scripting discussion, so I'll plant it here.

I really like Killzone's suggestion here: http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-syncing-map-clock-with-itemwatch/

Improving the watch item thanks to the Put and Take eventhandler fix by Japapatramtara :icon_twisted:

Nice one KK.

I have to say, they're all spot on rants. Many silly things are explained as "design decisions" and then they go and contradict themselves, like that watch thing where the explained design decision contradicts itself and gets closed because it's not a bug.

It's awesome that we have a lot of amazing features in the game and there's a lot of care for expanding things and I commend BI on it, but the constant lack of that finishing touch which would make 90% of features in the game fucking awesomely perfect are missing. I hope that will change eventually. :(

I was amazed how customizable the back end for weapons and attachment is, how much thought and effort the programmers have put into making sure the whole thing isn't limited arbitrarily. Even before the compatibleItems change, which then goes on and improves on it even more, you could create custom rails for weapons and you can define which proxy slot they will use, nothing there is hardcoded where I had assumed differently before. And then on the attachments side the only limit is which inventory slot the attachment will use. It feels magical. You go on to create a custom rail, add the rail to the weapon, whitelist some attachments, launch the game and it "just works".

Before I had assumed they made the system just so people don't have to create a clusterfuck of variants for the weapons like before within a single weapon pack, but that proved me wrong when I realized the above.

And then, I realized what had happened and why the attachments ended up being so limited. The lack of thought in regards to the interface.

One example. Give your loaded GL grenade to someone else. Tough luck.

naOYlCa.jpg

This is coming from another thread, but my reply wouldn't really fit into the scripting discussion, so I'll plant it here.

I have to say, they're all spot on rants. Many silly things are explained as "design decisions" and then they go and contradict themselves, like that watch thing where the explained design decision contradicts itself and gets closed because it's not a bug.

It's almost as bad as the button (the circle left of the clock) that zooms the map view to players location. No need for any navigational skills now. Impossible to make a mission where you are lost and must rely on map and compass. Such an amazing game series, and this last A3 is a big improvement, yet they nerf it with new stupid design decisions that are forced upon us regardless of difficulty.. wtf BIS..?

Only until the first official campaign episode is released (Oct 31). From that point there will once again always be at least 1 campaign in the game, and the button will always be shown. The current state is only temporary - after that you can use the older method of adding campaigns without problems :)

DnA, is it still planned, to roll the campaign for DEV version first, at least 1 week before? I bet you guys could need a few reports, i guess not everything would be flawless, and all the people awaiting campaign 31 oct, would start another wave of moan and dispare, the campaign is buggy!2121 etc :)