Is this the new decommissioned Hunter 'Scrapping' object from the changelog?

http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/28203/9e57a3282027163.jpg

Or was this wreck in there before and I missed it? It's got to be the most awesome, detailed wreck model in history! :)

It's in the changelog

Added: 'Scrapping' objects:

Decommissioned Hunter

Boxes

Pallets

Misc. scrap

Has anyone got the DMS sight working? I can't attach the DMS sight on any weapon and when I place myself as a CSAT Marksman, I spawn with the new Rifle but without the DMS sight

^ ^ Got it about the new decommissioned Hunter. Thanks!

Has anyone got the DMS sight working? I can't attach the DMS sight on any weapon and when I place myself as a CSAT Marksman, I spawn with the new Rifle but without the DMS sight

worked well with mk18 and rahim sniper rifle. It has PSO a like scheme, and 12x zoom.

Someone please smash this bug, it has been present since the game release!

2013_10_16_00001.jpg

Should be pretty simple to correct.

Are you running any addons that add community made attachments to the stock BIS weapons? Such addons overwrite the compatibleItems[] array for COWSslot, so need updating every time BIS add a new attachment in order to include any new attachments. Remove the addon temporarily and you should be able to use the DMS on most weapons.

BIS have made an alternate system which will avoid this overwriting behaviour when attachments are added using the new config parameters. However, it hasn't yet been implemented into the Arma 3 weapons' COWSslot (the new system's still a WIP I think). So for the time being the old system of adding custom attachments to BIS weapons is still in place.

I should add that the DMS optic works just fine for me (both when included as part of the CSAT Marksman's spawn-in loadout and when using "optic_DMS" to spawn it onto other characters) when I'm running the game vanilla without mods but on dev branch.

I have a number of mods running on and while all the other attachments work on the Rahim, the DMS optic could not be attached on any weapon. I've validated my local files twice but I still cannot equip the DMS

having a pso-like scope that you can zero is kinda confusing. is the default 400m?

Rain work with physix?

Yes it does, Every time you turn a light on with a light source hitting it, It kicks in with PhysX and when you turn a light off there's no hit on your CPU or PhysX it should be on your GPU but BIS made it that its a CPU which works better and better well done aoshi. So rain is PhysX based.

Overview of some of the new features in the current dev build:

Huh. I tested it on the Stratis airfield tarmac and it had no global lighting on the rain at all. Although, I think that may also be a bug with chemlights on that surface in general, because the illumination of the area is kind of odd. I'll update with a pic if I can get one.

EDIT: Okay, here are some screens:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186343709

No real illumination of the rain that I can see, and very little overall global illumination on the tarmac.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186343715

Difference between grass/dirt and tarmac illumination

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186343722

Still not much rain illumination that I can see on the grass/dirt surface...perhaps moreso than tarmac but it's not super noticeable. Realistically it should be more like the headlights on the car.

EDIT 2: Check this one out...almost zero global illumination of the surface on the tarmac:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186344691

Edited by MavericK96

having a pso-like scope that you can zero is kinda confusing. is the default 400m?
The default is 400 m, yes -- but whereas you have to use "the mil-dot method" with the SOS, you can just use the stadiametric rangefinder with the DMS.
Where are the new weapons? Do any existing units carry them now or are they only in ammo box, etc.
On dev branch the CSAT marksmen (regular, Recon and Urban) use the Rahim with DMS -- making the Mk18 ABR now exclusively used by AAF marksmen -- while the CSAT officer(s) carry the Zubr with Yorris and the NATO officer(s) carry the 4-five with MRD.

NITPICK: The .45 suppressor seems misaligned on the 4-five, not only rightward but so high as to impair the view through the iron sights -- as in, it's the very same issue that those iron sights were so high specifically to fix. :icon_evil:

Edited by Chortles

Looking at the rain from the inside of a building is really cool!

A small ground hit effect would be splendid :D

Been waiting for a PSO-style scope by default, thank you BIS!

Would be nice to see a more classical-styled iron sight on it, however, more along the lines of an AK-style back leaf rather than the circular cutout we current have, perhaps that should be added to the Katiba too; as well as an eye reference point slightly to the back. Currently it's a little too close to the face.

Is the inability of the two new pistol optics to be interchangeable, or the magazines of the 4-five and the AAF 1911, intentional?

Edited by Kaelies

Yes it does, Every time you turn a light on with a light source hitting it, It kicks in with PhysX and when you turn a light off there's no hit on your CPU or PhysX it should be on your GPU but BIS made it that its a CPU which works better and better well done aoshi. So rain is PhysX based.

What on earth has light sources got to do with this? The rain is there regardless of any light sources around it. PhysX doesn't handle how rain is rendered.

The new rain is a great step forward but I think it needs a little more work:

-Add some sort of splash effect when rain hits the ground, water or objects..

-the rain streak orientation is not influenced by the speed of the player.. ie the rain looks always vertical even flying thru it in a jet

-I dont seem to be able to fly over the rain... even at 3200m is still raining..

-It should interact with veichles windshield in some ways to have an effect on gamepaly (maybe make the wipers working..)

-It should be rendered in PIP displays

-Check that every light source correctly apply to the rain..

-maybe add random rain pools texture decals to the ground after sometime that is raining..

-Explosion dust should be reduced when raining..

New tank muzzle blast ok but check the round tracer effect and the impact effects too: APFSDS round hitting water still kicks up dust and when hitting metal the sparks are still not visible at night. The tracer effect is from an mg, it should be bigger and yellowish, more round looking.

maybe add random rain pools texture decals to the ground after sometime that is raining..

this would be awesome, just like GTA V puddle decals appear on roads and paths over time and clothing starts to darken.

also splash effects would be a nice addition but we all know its WIP so good job looks really good.

can only get better from here on out.

I hope there will be much more work done on rain because the one right now is very ugly. Yeah I know it's WIP and all. But -atm- it looks worse than what we had before. Huge white drops, no wet ground or wet ground reflections. It's as if the rain texture got replaced and that was it.

This is how rain should look to look good

Edited by metalcraze

I'm not sure that I'd say realistic, but it does seem intentional for the MRD and the Yorris to be exclusive to their respective handguns; the MRD and Yorris are (appropriately) depicted as using different mounts, with the Yorris being atop a Picatinny rail mount while the MRD uses a (barely visible) mounting base/plate and appears slightly "sunken" into the 4-five's slide, and when the MRD is not in use that area is covered by a slide cap whose outer contours conform with the outline of the slide. (The Yorris' use of a Picatinny rail admittedly makes this exclusivity make less sense than the MRD's.)

I should also add that the 4-five is based on a pistol using a double-stack magazine design, whereas the ACP-C2 (as a seemingly "normal" 1911) would presumably be using a single-stack magazine. As an interesting note, for all the talk about the lack of "+1" simulation in Arma 3, the 4-five's 11-round magazine capacity is reflective of "10+1" -- there's a real ten-rounder -- while there's 8-rounders for 1911s and thus "8+1" is possible in real life as well; I do recognize however that this isn't reflected elsewhere, the Rahim and Zubr included.

That 10 round magazine is only for civis because of magazine law - everybody else gets "proper" 15 round magazine