Has the A3 bug where you cant throw a 2nd or 3rd grenade until the first has exploded been reported? cant find it in Feedback Tracker. Its really noticeable when you are at the top of the high towers.

Has the A3 bug where you cant throw a 2nd or 3rd grenade until the first has exploded been reported? cant find it in Feedback Tracker. Its really noticeable when you are at the top of the high towers.

Report it and link it here please.

That's not what's happening, and technically it's not a bug. It has nothing to do with the grenade exploding. They've introduced an artificial delay in throwing the same type of grenades intentionally, as to fix the "I've-loaded-myself-with-99-grenades-and-I'm-a-one-man-automatic-grenade-launcher" problem. It's been reported in the changelogs and if you pay attention, you can notice that you can throw a grenade then a smoke grenade/glowstick in a rapid fashion.

While I'm ok with a delay, I believe it should be shorter and be shared between all throwables and that they could have solved it in a much better way that adds some gameplay value and the need to think about the relationship between your backpack and uniform/vest. Unfortunately, instead of treating the cause of it, they've chosen to treat the effect in a way that's not correctly communicated to the player. :(

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Is it me or is the AI even dumber after this latest dev patch?, they can't stay on any of the road's, on the quad bikes at least.....losing faith slowly... :(

My mistake, might have been a mission I tried, all seems to be fine in other mission's.

Has anyone noticed how small waves are now? They are insanely small at the moment. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14206 We should be able to make them way larger than what we have now. Way up to completely dangerous conditions for large boats. Then we could have some epic storms, boat missions and diver para-drops!

Speaking of water, has anyone noticed how looking (and zooming) at an empty water has a large impact on FPS? I can get stable 60 fps at Kavala, yet a simple glance at an empty water will get me to 50 fps and my GPU is 99% tasked.

Getting much of this error, also when pressing esc to see mission menu (RPT grows constantly with this error when in esc menu). When dieing it also seem to make the game stutter:

Incorrect number of post effect params
Error in expression <IS_fnc_guiEffectTiles_ppChromAberration ppEffectAdjust [_ppStrength,0,true];
BIS>
 Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [_ppStrength,0,true];
BIS>
 Error 3 elements provided, 1 expected
File A3\functions_f\GUI\fn_guiEffectTiles.sqf, line 76

Also spotted this error in rpt:

Error in expression <1*(1-camPos)*(1 min (rain*rain*2))>
 Error position: <rain*rain*2))>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: rain
Error: Sound volume expression: 1*(1-camPos)*(1 min (rain*rain*2))

That's not what's happening, and technically it's not a bug. It has nothing to do with the grenade exploding. They've introduced an artificial delay in throwing the same type of grenades intentionally, as to fix the "I've-loaded-myself-with-99-grenades-and-I'm-a-one-man-automatic-grenade-launcher" problem. It's been reported in the changelogs and if you pay attention, you can notice that you can throw a grenade then a smoke grenade/glowstick in a rapid fashion.

While I'm ok with a delay, I believe it should be shorter and be shared between all throwables and that they could have solved it in a much better way that adds some gameplay value and the need to think about the relationship between your backpack and uniform/vest. Unfortunately, instead of treating the cause of it, they've chosen to treat the effect in a way that's not correctly communicated to the player. :(

If you are not holding a weapon & you had a row of grenades in front of you defending a position you could throw 1 every 2 or 3 seconds.

Its more the actual animation of throwing that needs to be slowed down not so much the availability of the next grenade or any throwables. Its almost a flick at the moment. Yes I agree re; "shorter and be shared between all throwables"

I have to admit Ive given up on Dev for the moment, so I dont check this thread as often as I did sorry:o

Edited by jgaz-uk
addition

Its more the actual animation of throwing that needs to be slowed down not so much the availability of the next grenade or any throwables. Its almost a flick at the moment. Yes I agree re; "shorter and be shared between all throwables"

I have to admit Ive given up on Dev for the moment, so I dont check this thread as often as I did sorry

That's ok, just explaining why it was done as you came to the wrong conclusion because the game never explains to you what's going on. :)

You throw a grenade, then your grenade key isn't working for the next few seconds for whatever arcane reasons, then it magically works again at about the same time the grenade you threw earlier goes off. There's no animation happening, the usual procedure of the weapon text going Red (weapon not ready) > Yellow (weapon almost ready) > White (Weapon ready!) is not implemented for grenades and you end up scratching your head. :confused:

While the ticket I linked above does not mention the "One-man-AGL" problem (and it affects more than just grenades) it solves it neater than the current solution does. Stuff in the backpack is not ready accessible, acts as a portable container, no "balancing" explanations that someone has to point out on the forums, it's grounded well in reality and intuitive.

If you are not holding a weapon & you had a row of grenades in front of you defending a position you could throw 1 every 2 or 3 seconds.

Yeah, but that's a rare case that can't exactly be widely applied to the type of grenade throwing that's in Arma.

Why don't people die when you shoot them in the head?

I was using blu recon team. I pulled out my handgun (with the silencer on) and I shot a teammate in the head. He had a beanie on and didn't die. I shot a second guy (who was wearing a boonie hat) 4 times in the head before he died. The same guy, I shot with my rifle and he survived a bullet in the head.

Yesterday I shot a greenfor guy with my rifle and he took 2 bullets to his upper body without reacting. Third shot made him react. 4th killed him.

We need a little work done with damage control.

I was using blu recon team. I pulled out my handgun (with the silencer on) and I shot a teammate in the head. He had a beanie on and didn't die. I shot a second guy (who was wearing a boonie hat) 4 times in the head before he died. The same guy, I shot with my rifle and he survived a bullet in the head.

Yesterday I shot a greenfor guy with my rifle and he took 2 bullets to his upper body without reacting. Third shot made him react. 4th killed him.

Try turning off extended armor and restarting the game.

Sounds like the game is in Console mode. :p

I'm trying to figure out if my issue is local to my machine or still the way the game is...

I almost never hear any of the CSAT soldiers speak Farsi on any of the Dev versions. I thought this was addressed in one of the released updates, but did I misunderstand the release notes? The game verifies fine on Steam, so not sure if it's my install or what.

I almost never hear any of the CSAT soldiers speak Farsi on any of the Dev versions. I thought this was addressed in one of the released updates, but did I misunderstand the release notes? The game verifies fine on Steam, so not sure if it's my install or what.
I've definitely heard CSAT speaking farsi. Same goes for NATO speaking english if I am CSAT.

there is a ETA for the 30/35/40 mm recoil or will remain this pieces of iron?

i still see the crew on the T100 with x rage

there is a ETA for the 30/35/40 mm recoil or will remain this pieces of iron?

They will remain as they do IRL

addItemToVest for magazines renders those magazines unusable for the primary weapon. This applies to all AddItemTo* commands and all magazines that I can see (hand grenades, etc.).

I've definitely heard CSAT speaking farsi. Same goes for NATO speaking english if I am CSAT.

Hmm. Okay. I've heard Farsi maybe 3 times. Otherwise, all I hear is English, and it's usually the same 3 voices (and almost always the guy who I swear is Stephen Stanton/Meebur Gascon).

I'll keep messing with it to see if it's user error.

Hmm. Okay. I've heard Farsi maybe 3 times. Otherwise, all I hear is English, and it's usually the same 3 voices (and almost always the guy who I swear is Stephen Stanton/Meebur Gascon).

I'll keep messing with it to see if it's user error.

I can't get over the guy who sounds like Jonah Hill.

Will the feature lock be over after the 31st? How long until large changes start happening again?

---------- Post added at 04:08 ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 ----------

When can we expect to see more work done with waves? I adjusted the config with an addon to make them larger and it really showed that boats and waves need work for their interaction.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8595[/url] - hand bolt action anim missing

As far as I know, the only way to do this right now is via a "Fired" eventHandler on the class with a scripted solution. There's no config entry for such action, that's why it's not done.

I'm realllllly surprised ArmA 3 didn't finally address this issue...