•Hotfix to prevent AI from firing at camonets

Doesn't work, AI still fire at camonets (ex. Bluefor(AC soldier, tank) fire on Camonets CSAT)

•Hotfix to prevent AI from firing at camonets.

really ? I put empty NATO camonet and CSAT ifrit next to it and they shoot like crazy at it. NOT FIXED ! So Quality over Quantity , huh ?

So Quality over Quantity , huh ?

Snarky comments like this one are completely unnecessary and don't help anyone. Please keep it sensible or keep out.

•Hotfix to prevent AI from firing at camonets

Doesn't work, AI still fire at camonets (ex. Bluefor(AC soldier, tank) fire on Camonets CSAT)

I am sorry, this is actually my mistake, the hotfix is ready, but it has not been published yet :icon_evil:

I just remember: please delete static tank rotating (its really irritant and unreallistic), so player must hold W + A (FA + LA) to turn left (only right track will be moving rotating it left), W + D (FA + RA) to turn right (only left track will be moving rotating it right) and only W (Forward arrow) (both tracks are moving) to go forward [or S (Back arrow) to go back)]. Perhaps my soultion is not good solution, but you can make it better. Just fix the damn tank turning and it will be good. :P

EDIT: Or just make it when player press (on example) 'A' ​(W + A no needed) only right track moving rotating your tank left. Thats it. :)

This was a limitation of early WW2 tanks... not modern tanks

please improve lods of hatchback, setting objects quality beyond ultra, causes ugly lods at short distances, when your turning around or runing nearby a hatchback. Typicaly at altis life scenarios, at big city Cavala, with lots of objects, the game engine starts to dumb some lod objects down, and especially at hatchback it looks ugly.

please improve lods of hatchback, setting objects quality beyond ultra, causes ugly lods at short distances, when your turning around or runing nearby a hatchback. Typicaly at altis life scenarios, at big city Cavala, with lots of objects, the game engine starts to dumb some lod objects down, and especially at hatchback it looks ugly.

That hatchback really feels(looks) so low quality compared to the offroad and SUV that it's like from another game. Not just having the lod issues, but the model and the textures are sooo bad and ugly too. As pretty as Arma 3 is, and the other models are so good, it is like a nasty wart on a stunningly beautiful girl's nose.

Well .. at least when and if you decide to use it.

It's much more than just the hatch back, alot of models need attention for the LOD, have you seen the parachute at a distance for example?

Along with the Object VD, it might be nice to have some sort of way to alter at what distance different LODs kick in. Currently you can get some really noticeable low LODs at distances that are not even that far.

I found an issue with giving orders.

I am commander in an Opfor tank platoon. Usually when I select all units and give them a stop order, they say something to the effect of "ok" then they stop. But it doesn't work anymore. They don't acknowledge and they keep driving.

The problem occurs when I have all selected. I can only get it to work if I de-select the units in my tank. It has always worked by selecting all units. Hopefully you can switch it back. It's one of the few commands that I don't have to dig through layers of command options. I don't have to look at the keyboard, taking my eyes off the screen. Just space bar and stop.

Along with the Object VD, it might be nice to have some sort of way to alter at what distance different LODs kick in. Currently you can get some really noticeable low LODs at distances that are not even that far.

And they switch back and forth. Just look at the rocks. Amazing.

Can we get a response from the devs over the crashing when changing certain video settings? It's annoying to have to go through the arma3.cfg to tweak settings that would be more reliably changed instantaneously in order to monitor frame rate. I was hoping it would quietly be patched today but it's still persisting from yesterday's patch.

yeah, LOD play crazy like in since arma 2. But it's hatchback what got most my attention for a reason. Some games, allow to set high detail distances, along with ground and object draw distances, when the lod transistion kicks in, for example in gothic 3 or risen. I preffer to have shorter obj draw disatnce, but with not much noticable LOD switch, then having far draw distance, but when lods play crazy, switch to low and back to hi-poly randomly.

This was a limitation of early WW2 tanks... not modern tanks

I didn't knew that. Thanks for info guys.

I'm still seeing a drop in fps from 70 to 20 on the main title screen with the Stratis Kamino battle playing. Also it's a drop in performance globally, It's just easier to judge it by using a reference like that main menu battle scene.

I wish it would be possible for object view distance setting to affect all objects EXCEPT for editor-placed units. For example, it would be great to be able to see enemy units normally at a larger distance than the object view distance setting. As many keep object view distance low to increase FPS, engagement ranges, especially for armor, are artificially low. But what if an enemy unit beyond the view distance was occluded by a building also beyond the view distance?

I wish it would be possible for object view distance setting to affect all objects EXCEPT for editor-placed units. For example, it would be great to be able to see enemy units normally at a larger distance than the object view distance setting. As many keep object view distance low to increase FPS, engagement ranges, especially for armor, are artificially low. But what if an enemy unit beyond the view distance was occluded by a building also beyond the view distance?

That would lead to all kinds of problems. Units in forests would be clearly visible etc.

so, if a group of soldiers is hidden in a city, and their draw distance is further then objects, we would be able to see them. Thats actually a cheat, don't you think?

Yeah, it would lead to all kinds of issues, one of which I mentioned. It's just a bummer when you can't see armor approaching from the other side of the Altis salt flat, but I think they can see you (?). I guess you just have to temporarily increase you obj. view distance in certain situations. kju has an A2 mod that enabled viewing of distant vehicles, perhaps he could port that to A3.

I wonder if it would work just for vehicles, if a LOS detection between player and vehicle is clear of any obstructions, even beyond obj. view distance? Probably too much trouble....

Edited by OMAC

The issue here is TAB lock, not obj draw distance. Everybody has the same in MP.

Kju mod also caused a lot of issues of a cheating kind.

Tell BIS to get rid of TAB lock finally if you don't want armor to lock onto you from beyond visual distance.

Edited by metalcraze

Is it me or is the AI even dumber after this latest dev patch?, they can't stay on any of the road's, on the quad bikes at least.....losing faith slowly... :(

Edited by pillpopper123

Is it me or is the AI even dumber after this latest dev patch?, they can't stay on any of the road's, on the quad bikes at least.....losing faith slowly... :(

They dont know, where the nearest car (10 m behind) is for reammo.

They dont know what a street is.

They dont know what a direct order is.

And with super-AI, it gets worse.

The issue here is TAB lock, not obj draw distance. Everybody has the same in MP.

Tell BIS to get rid of TAB lock finally if you don't want armor to lock onto you from beyond visual distance.

Good points! It seems to me that if enemy armor can lock onto you from beyond visual distance, that is a major problem that must be solved somehow. That is why I suggested the idea of being able to see visually unobstructed targets beyond obj. view distance. Or, when you are locked onto by an invisible, distant unit, are you supposed to furiously hit TAB to "find" and lock on to that threat? :rolleyes: Perhaps this thread is the wrong place to discuss this, anyway...

Good Day Bohemia , ym weary old fand in ARMA serie , but in arma 3 Took me by surprise absence Civilian modul In this environment, it was beautiful

Boats are missing wakes behind them: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15375

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

No, weapons should lock out when they are too far away to see the target like in real life. If you don't like it, scripts and mods exist. Though Tab lock could use some work to be a more realistic FCS.