Damn, seems like something went awry with my game in the last update. I've got crazy scope lag, now, where my FPS goes from the mid-40s to the teens whenever I scope in on a target. Same happens with binoculars. That used to happen in the Alpha stages, but it seemed to get sorted. Sadly, it's back for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Has anyone else noticed that when your using Bincoculairs and switching to an PCML the animation goes all haywire?

Alt + Enter now causes the game to crash. That is a serious issue for me, because I use it a lot while testing. Also, I have to run the game in windowed mode first and then switch it to fullscreen otherwise my cursor has an offset in the game (since beta).

Branch: Development

Version: 1.03.111011

Update:

OK, not only Alt + Enter causes it. If you change it in your video settings it crashes the game too.

Yes , Confirmed, same issue ! Changing sampling option in video settings gives crash too.

I sont quite see the problem? Directional chat seems to be present regardless of which channel you use, and I think it's brilliant and realistic. especially when in vehicles, if you are close enough you should be able to hear any chatter in the vehicle. Besides, the tanks engine was off, which is why it was so easy to hear, if the engine was on, you would barely be able to hear i'm sure. As for MP, I think that will depend on your VON audio i guess, if it is louder than the effects audio it would be much louder. I'm not sure honestly, I would guess directional chat is based on VON, but then again, I would think it actually works via the effects audio which is how they achieve the directional source of sound and distance... and that makes sense to me.

Anyways, I like how it is. They could probably add a heavier audio filter to make the sound "weaker" coming from armored vehicles like tanks.

Do you want to look at how you can hear enemy crews talking outside their tank? So you can call it radio hack?

As you wish, you can play the demo below and enjoy the chaos!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15330

Edited by msy

Do you want to look at how you can hear enemy crews talking outside their tank? So you can call it radio hack?

Thats a risk yeah, but if the enemy is good enough to get that close to your tank and eve's drop on your discussion, then I say they damn well earned and deserve that information. =) I still see no problem with it.

Alt + Enter now causes the game to crash.

Confirmed. (v1.03.111011)

Setting Shadow to Very High crashes the game (latest Dev) every time for me, anyone else ?

Confirmed. In my case changing from "Very High" to a level down. (v1.03.111011)

Thats a risk yeah, but if the enemy is good enough to get that close to your tank and eve's drop on your discussion, then I say they damn well earned and deserve that information. =) I still see no problem with it.

It is unrealistic and has no real purpose other than to seem unfinished.

Confirmed. (v1.03.111011)

Confirmed. In my case changing from "Very High" to a level down. (v1.03.111011)

yeah same problem here.

Has anyone made ticket about the shadow issue? Couldn't find. Just watching crash report.

I'm getting an error when I start up:

"Warning: preNLOD format in object

a3\structures\walls\mound01_8m_f.p3d"

Selecting any FSAA options causes game to crash out now.

OK this is about something else than video settings. It happens everytime when your screen goes black like changing some video settings like texture, FSAA, clouds and shadows or pushing alt+enter. I'll make a ticket about this with those examples.

Getting the same thing when changing certain video settings, instant CTD. Also upon first loading, I normally get 70 fps on the main menu with that Stratis battle scene playing in the background, After this patch I was getting 20 fps.

Crash here also when changing cloud quality. Dump files uploaded to ^ ^ ticket.

Nice to see the lighting tweaked at distances. Makes the airport and night flying so much better. Though it could still use many tweaks!

---------- Post added at 02:51 ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 ----------

And the ocean is still missing a huge visual feature when there are waves. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11017 It would look a lot better with white caps rather than looking like its always calm water even with waves. :)

You should know it is about sound engine issue which would affect other aspects of the game compond too.

I just remember: please delete static tank rotating (its really irritant and unreallistic), so player must hold W + A (FA + LA) to turn left (only right track will be moving rotating it left), W + D (FA + RA) to turn right (only left track will be moving rotating it right) and only W (Forward arrow) (both tracks are moving) to go forward [or S (Back arrow) to go back)]. Perhaps my soultion is not good solution, but you can make it better. Just fix the damn tank turning and it will be good. :P

EDIT: Or just make it when player press (on example) 'A' ​(W + A no needed) only right track moving rotating your tank left. Thats it. :)

Edited by DegmanCRO

I just remember: please delete static tank rotating (its really irritant and unreallistic), so player must hold W + A (FA + LA) to turn left (only right track will be moving rotating it left), W + D (FA + RA) to turn right (only left track will be moving rotating it right) and only W (Forward arrow) (both tracks are moving) to go forward [or S (Back arrow) to go back)]. Perhaps my soultion is not good solution, but you can make it better. Just fix the damn tank turning and it will be good. :P

EDIT: Or just make it when player press (on example) 'A' ​(W + A no needed) only right track moving rotating your tank left. Thats it. :)

its entirely possible these tanks have neutral steering, making your suggestion unrealistic

A very nice approach in my experience is to give the tanks a second delay to "spool up" the engine before it actually moves.

See: Project Reality: Battlefield 2.

It removes all twitch and fiddle movement thus gives a great feeling of weight behind the controls.

The way it is set up is correct. I'm actually not sure of which buttons you want to push, your English isn't terribly good ( no offense).

If you are static, as you say, keeping one tread stopped would make you move forward in a big circle. Right now when you turn, one tread moves forward and the other reverses. That is what keeps you in one spot.

Both work and are correct, but the outcome is different. If you want to stay static, holding your position, both treads need to move (forward on one side, reverse on other). If you want to stay in a general spot, with a big radius, then one tread moves forward and other stopped.

Actually, wouldn't keeping one tread stopped be hell on the treads/wheels. The treads are like 30 feet long but the point at which it turns would only be a couple feet. The forward and rear parts of the tread would slide sideways as you turned. Picture someone making snow angels. You might damage the treads and wheels by putting all pressure sideways when they are made to move forward and backward.

So you don't want to have one tread stopped. Both need to move. Maybe slightly, but still need to move.

Oh, and if you wanted the ability to move both treads separately, you wouldn't use one button (W) to move forward. You would need to use 2 separate buttons like "w" and "e" to move. Moving both treads independently.

Edited by Victim9l3

* No longer allowing the assembling of UAV and static weapons during freefall

:( But I really wanted to quickly assemble my Darter while falling from shot up aircraft and shout: "Fly, my precious! Soar and avenge me!"