Sounds like another accidental commit of the WIP (read: unfinished) rain system. Happened last week aswell, when we saw the "white line rain".

Might be better then give us the unfinished rain and not accidentally tease us in every update :D

Btw I came back from stable to dev branch and my GUI was messed up again. You need to put a hint or something for people in the next stable update to restart their layout.

/Hmmm I don't get any rain errors and rain is normal for me.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I don't get those errors but I don't get rain either, sounds are there like normally but no water drops.

Rain and sounds are fine here, no errors either. Might be worth a "verify integrity of game cache" to see if that sorts your problems.

Rain and sounds are fine here, no errors either. Might be worth a "verify integrity of game cache" to see if that sorts your problems.

No problem with verify the integrity, rain is here, error is here.

Good call, integrity check fixed it and now it's raining again.

The paa errors are still present, integrity check did nothing to remove those, but it dont matter anyhow at that time in checking because the rain still works, Ill take a guess they altered the rain gfx and gave new files but forgot to remove the old ones.

We are aware of the issue and are sorry for that. We decided to let it for today after considering the size of download and possible need of re-downloading today's change :icon_evil:

Changelog is being processed by His Royaltyness, more info is inbound :icon_twisted:

We are aware of the issue and are sorry for that. We decided to let it for today after considering the size of download and possible need of re-downloading today's change :icon_evil:

Changelog is being processed by His Royaltyness, more info is inbound :icon_twisted:

OK :o

UPDATE OF THE DAY :

07-10-2013

EXE rev. 110841

Size: ~420 MB

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by The Most Venerable Order of Configuration, Lord Pettka

Also, from the feedback tracker:

DEV. 110866:

- unit addItem item

- unit addItemToUniform item

- unit addItemToVest item

- unit addItemToBackpack item

now work also with weapon type items

also three new commands were added:

- unitBackpack

- unitVest

- unitUniform

which return soldier's containers entities

thanks [micovery] for such a great idea :-)

EDIT: Ah, but I've just realized, these commands are not yet available in today's update. Should be in tomorrow. :)

Edited by MadDogX
clarification

just wanted to say that performance increased for me and that the loading of things is MUCH improved. that is very apperent when teleporting or using setpos in general. everything loads much faster and smoother now. keep it up BI. i really hope for some intensive care for the netcode too. it's holding back this game, even more compared to arma 2, big time at the moment.

just a quick one...

do engine or game optimizations get noted in change logs?

Getting much these errors (at least in SP):

Error in expression <Commit 0;
BIS_fnc_feedback_damageBlur ppEffectAdjust [0];
BIS_fnc_feedback_dam>
 Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [0];
BIS_fnc_feedback_dam>
 Error 1 elements provided, 3 expected
File A3\functions_f\Feedback\fn_damagePulsing.sqf, line 27
Incorrect number of post effect params
Error in expression < _delay2;
BIS_fnc_feedback_damageBlur ppEffectAdjust [0];
BIS_fnc_feedback_dam>
 Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [0];
BIS_fnc_feedback_dam>
 Error 1 elements provided, 3 expected
File A3\functions_f\Feedback\fn_damagePulsing.sqf, line 89

Edit: Also this when dieing:

Error in expression <
_ppGrain ppEffectEnable true;
_ppGrain ppEffectAdjust [random 0.2, 1, 1, 0, 1];>
 Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [random 0.2, 1, 1, 0, 1];>
 Error 5 elements provided, 15 expected
File A3\functions_f\respawn\fn_respawnNone.sqf, line 148

Edited by SaOk

I just tried a mission with two UAV controllers (one would take over a darter, the other should control a greyhawk). However, only one of them can actually attach to any UAV, the other one can not.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is that intentional (if yes: Doh) ?

Disregard this. Turns out that one of the operators was still captive, which prevented him from taking over any AV (even though he actually saw them on the AV terminal). Sorry for the confusion.

I think only the big/important ones do.

hmm could we request all optimizations to be noted or would that be too much of a pain?

just wanted to say that performance increased for me and that the loading of things is MUCH improved. that is very apperent when teleporting or using setpos in general. everything loads much faster and smoother now. keep it up BI. i really hope for some intensive care for the netcode too. it's holding back this game, even more compared to arma 2, big time at the moment.

no performance gain on altis bench, same as before (and 2fps less than before one month)

When will the braking behavior of tracked vehicles fixed?

What is wrong with it?

InBound. punny. Also, great preformance improvements these past weeks. Great job BIS! :bounce2:

i still see the crew in the T100 through the turret , this will be fixed hopefully around christmas... hahahah

and the recoil for the 30 /35 /40 mm... are dreams

So rain is still working for most of you? I have tried the integrity check various times and I still only hear the sound of it but can't see any rain. I also get the error messages about missing textures...

edit.

nevermind. it magically works now, and i have no idea why ;)

Edited by novemberist

What is wrong with it?

Let me explain.

You can assign a key as brake. Not the hand brake.

The majority of players will probably stop a tracked vehicle with "W" or "S".

The AI, however, uses the brakes, which is not adjustable in the setup.

To test this, you can as a Commander, give the driver the "stop" command or "halt".

The vehicle will not really stop. It is a piece of slide like on ice.

In my config, the brake is assigned right over handbrake.

keyCarBrake[]={46};

keyCarHandBrake[]={48};

So rain is still working for most of you? I have tried the integrity check various times and I still only hear the sound of it but can't see any rain. I also get the error messages about missing textures...

edit.

nevermind. it magically works now, and i have no idea why ;)

Sometimes for me it'll show up and other times it wont. Sometimes I'll look one direction and I see it, and I'll do a 180 and then won't see it...

You are probably faster than rain :)

*Hey guyz.Any ETA of the next stable? I m 2 old for surprises..

Due to my team obligations i have been stuck to stable and missing all the goodies you see

everyday :/