Sorry, you and other, i miss a thing about rain ??

I don't see any modification on dev branch when i play with rain.

What we must use ?

look back a page and you will see a sneak video someone has uploaded buddy

Rainbow is very rare right now. I have just adjusted parameters. It should be easier to see the rainbow after next update. :)

Good to know. I still remember when I saw a rainbow the very first time. I had major goose bumps... :)

Would it be possible that the mission makers could kind of force it with the command setRainbow, even if the weather is not set right? I know that it would be pretty silly to see rainbows during a major thunderstorm, but at least it would be easier for us when we don't have to tweak the weather multiple times just to make them appear.

It also doesn't rain under balconies or trees, except if wind throws the rain under them, same goes for raining thru open windows and doors, all in all very impressive I think.

And even through holes in a roof.

The ultimate in rain immersion for me would be having wet surfaces, even just a basic 'shine'. I guess at this stage it would involve alot of work though.

The ultimate for me would be a sort of rain-on-roof sound for when inside buildings or enclosed vehicles. That might take a bit more work though, too. JWLEE's comment about vehicles not kicking up dust when it rains made me think it would be great if they could kick up spray on paved surfaces :)

Same principles involved, methinks!

And finally, as one last "feature request" that probably doesn't belong in this thread (:p), imo it would be even more immersive if at some point in rain (or fog) density, AI drivers switch their lights on? :)

I hate to interrupt the rain thread but does High Command work or not? Can anyone please try it? I have asked twice already. It's not working for me for some reason. I always used to use it with no trouble at all. I've tried every combination of syncing and grouping etc.

Also, I would like to add to ZedderZulu's comment about the Opfor SDV still having the Blufor crew. How can it still be after all this time? It's just an extremely simple thing to fix and it would take a whole minute of someone's time. And yes, I know no one uses it, so please don't use that as an answer again.

Thank you.

@Devs, thanks for accidentally leaking information on the rain future :D... As for the weather, pleeeeeaaase fix setOvercast, as script controlled weather is rather useless currently.

I just tried a mission with two UAV controllers (one would take over a darter, the other should control a greyhawk). However, only one of them can actually attach to any UAV, the other one can not.

Am I doing something wrong ? Is that intentional (if yes: Doh) ?

I hate to interrupt the rain thread but does High Command work or not? Can anyone please try it? I have asked twice already. It's not working for me for some reason. I always used to use it with no trouble at all. I've tried every combination of syncing and grouping etc.

Also, I would like to add to ZedderZulu's comment about the Opfor SDV still having the Blufor crew. How can it still be after all this time? It's just an extremely simple thing to fix and it would take a whole minute of someone's time. And yes, I know no one uses it, so please don't use that as an answer again.

Thank you.

High Commander works fine. Are you sure you pressed ctrl + space to bring the UI up?

What's wrong with it?

Compare A3 and A2 setOvercast commands: Notice how they behave differently. 0 setOvercast x will not change the weather instantly any longer. This makes current weather scripts quite obsolete.

I thought this was intended.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly is. Unfortunately it f's up our old scripts and makes it a lot harder to create changing weather (plus I can see couple of JIP issues with the current setOvercast...). ;)

Compare A3 and A2 setOvercast commands: Notice how they behave differently. 0 setOvercast x will not change the weather instantly any longer. This makes current weather scripts quite obsolete.

Cloud generation takes a lot of CPU cycles. That expected behaviour is unrealistic.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly is. Unfortunately it f's up our old scripts and makes it a lot harder to create changing weather (plus I can see couple of JIP issues with the current setOvercast...). ;)

It is a trade off to have such beautiful clouds. MP issues stand and require for the engine to be deterministic which i assume it is (ie. seed value always generates the same weather - engine only needs to sync the corresponding seed) (Edit: I assume wrong)

Edited by gammadust

I really love the new technologies you are working on. Lights shafts, rainbows, rain improvements.. I really appreciate your support BIS :) Keep up the great work and cannot wait to see more!

Cloud generation takes a lot of CPU cycles. That expected behaviour is unrealistic.

It is a trade off to have such beautiful clouds. MP issues stand and require for the engine to be deterministic which i assume it is (ie. seed value always generates the same weather - engine only needs to sync the corresponding seed)

I think the current limit of 30 minutes is too long though. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to go from setOvercast 0 to 1, and it takes 30 minutes to go from 0.5 to 0.6.

Just did some tests. Whenever i set setOvercast the requested value is targeted to be reached and "snapped" to the next half-hour / full-hour. Example: setting it at 12h05, the value will be reached in 25 minutes (this is checked with nextWeatherChange, command which appears to be working, yet if before those 25 minutes have passed i request another weather change the time remaining for the change goes above 30 minutes (assumed maximum): second setting at 12h06, the value will be reached in 54 minutes. This second time reset is then subsequently overwriten until the first affected half-hour has passed (ie. 24mins)

All these tests and haven't actually correlated the actual value with its visual representation (i assume visually there will always be some discrepancy because weather is not necessarily being generated on top of the player)

I think the current limit of 30 minutes is too long though. It takes a minimum of 30 minutes to go from setOvercast 0 to 1, and it takes 30 minutes to go from 0.5 to 0.6.

Agreed. I don't need instant weather change, but currently it takes way too long. Sure, I guess it looks and behaves more realistic this way, but a short mission probably ends before the players can see any weather changes...

High Commander works fine. Are you sure you pressed ctrl + space to bring the UI up?

yes. I used left+ctrl and space. I get nothing. I used opfor. 5 groups synced to sub-sub synced to commander. commander synced to me. Did you try it today or previously? I even went into configuration and made sure I didn't accidentally change keybindings. I've done it over and over and over and it never works.

yes. I used left+ctrl and space. I get nothing. I used opfor. 5 groups synced to sub-sub synced to commander. commander synced to me. Did you try it today or previously? I even went into configuration and made sure I didn't accidentally change keybindings. I've done it over and over and over and it never works.

Works for me...

With PhysX now being part of Arma could we have some wobbly aerials?

Currently all aerials on vehicles are static and do not react to the movement of the vehicle, this would be a good show case of the PhysX.

Any plans to make NVG sensitivity adjustable for players? It would be great if we could adjust sensitivity especially when entering places with some light on.

Any plans to make NVG sensitivity adjustable for players? It would be great if we could adjust sensitivity especially when entering places with some light on.

Same for TI vision - auto contrast isnt perfect and user tuning would be best

With PhysX now being part of Arma could we have some wobbly aerials?

Currently all aerials on vehicles are static and do not react to the movement of the vehicle, this would be a good show case of the PhysX.

wouldn't this just be an unnecessary resource user?

May I point all the new feature suggestions into the correct thread for them? We do read them and it could be easier to get back to them in their designated thread :icon_twisted: