Oh boy that's gonna look sweet once complete, with added splashes and maybe increased specularity on wet surfaces! :cool:

?!?!? I want to share your optimism, but rain looks currently like generated by a 1990s computer game. Or is this about retro fx?

Rain is feeling techically very good GJ!

?!?!? I want to share your optimism, but rain looks currently like generated by a 1990s computer game. Or is this about retro fx?

Because you only watch the visual and not how it's implemented. There's big change.

Emphasis on the once complete, I wasn't talking about the aesthetics and as Jimmy said, the tehcnique looks very promising.

Ah OK, ... promising because it follows the wind?

rainbow is supposed to be present , anyone else can confirm it's not appearing at all at any state?

note: on rain it's early WIP

Ah OK, ... promising because it follows the wind?
No more square rain texture around the player, and it seems to be affected by wind aswell. :)

It no longer rain inside. Before there only was a square where was no rain when got under a roof and it visually looked bad because in bigger buildings it rained inside. And now rain also follows wind.

rainbow is supposed to be present , anyone else can confirm it's not appearing at all at any state?

It's there

9mms0r6s.jpg

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

It no longer rain inside. Before there only was a square where was no rain when got under a roof and it visually looked bad because in bigger buildings it rained inside. And now rain also follows wind.

It also doesn't rain under balconies or trees, except if wind throws the rain under them, same goes for raining thru open windows and doors, all in all very impressive I think.

Good news indeed (especially "no rain inside buildings"), thanks for clarification.

It's there

May I ask which weather settings did you use? I tried more or less everything, in addition to setRainbow.

Edited by Gekkibi

Loving the new rain system! Been wishing for something like it since OFP and seeing it finally arrive is a dream come true! :D Still a bit rough around the edges in terms of sometimes it clips through walls and I've noticed it rains above the clouds (as the old rain fx did) and now underneath the water too! :p

Obviously it is still a WIP but once its complete it's going to be fantastic :D

That said, WIP-ness aside, may I suggest the draw distance be increased (or whatever it needs to be). I love that you can be inside a building and see it raining inside, but inside larger buildings, such as the terminal or even the tent hangars, if you stand near(ish) one side of the building, the rain will be noticeably absent from the other side, as it were. In something like the terminal you can be far enough from the windows that the rain disappears entirely.

Also flying the Buzzard, the rain doesn't seem to appear to surround the cockpit - there's noticeable gaps to the left and right until actually glance in those directions.

As I say/has been said - WIP. Just a few suggestions I have for development.

On a less positive note, I know at least one of these already has a ticket but I thought I'd just mention them here too. I'm a little disappointed that the OPFOR SDV still spawns with a NATO crew. This has been there since the Alpha, as has the ticket, and it can be fixed by changing just one letter in the config.

There seem to be a few other problems with the SDV - i.e. you still can't swap back from the gunner seat to the driver seat, the Nose Up/Nose Down control keys don't seem to have any effect, I personally can't see any sign of the Collision Lights from the action menu and there's an audio/visual discrepancy when, if you turn at very slow speed, you can hear the rotor blades turning but an external view shows that they are stationary.

Other thing I've noticed is that the light source of the Boxer Truck's headlights is set too far back, meaning it illuminates the inside of the cab more than it does the road ahead - actually makes trying to see the road rather difficult through the glare on the windscreen :p

Edited by ZedderZulu
Added to the rain suggestions

To clarify the "new" rain - it's a prototype of a new implementation that snuck up into the dev branch by accident and therefore it has been reverted for now. It will be back in all its glory once it's completed. You have already noticed some of the new features it offers so consider it a little bit of a teaser :).

May I ask which weather settings did you use? I tried more or less everything, in addition to setRainbow.

igFFp2u.jpg

Then changed the overcast to 0 ingame, after the sky clears the rainbow shows up

To clarify the "new" rain - it's a prototype of a new implementation that snuck up into the dev branch by accident and therefore it has been reverted for now. It will be back in all its glory once it's completed. You have already noticed some of the new features it offers so consider it a little bit of a teaser :).

oooo can I kindly ask if it will reach the next spotrep? :D :D :D :D

sorry for the question that's deemed against the law but im sure many people are wondering

Great surprise with the rain! Obviously, artists haven't touched it yet, but I love how it gets properly occluded by ALL THE THINGS (except water). I hope final version will take players movement speed into account.

@CaptainObvious

I copied your settings, created a radio trigger "0 setOvercast 0", set 4x time acceleration and went to make some coffee. Still can't see it. :(

@CaptainObvious

I copied your settings, created a radio trigger "0 setOvercast 0", set 4x time acceleration and went to make some coffee. Still can't see it. :(

Could it be that you were AFK for too long and the rainbow "died" before you saw it? Oh and I used the Overcast and Daytime sliders in Splendid

Could it be that you were AFK for too long and the rainbow "died" before you saw it? Oh and I used the Overcast and Daytime sliders in Splendid

I tried it again, this time didn't go away. I waited 15 in-game minutes and still didn't see it. However, I noticed that I didn't get cloudless sky like it is in your picture.

Hmmm... When PPAA is disabled I have both the rain disappearing and 1st person objects whiting out. Can somebody confirm this?

Obviously, artists haven't touched it yet, but I love how it gets properly occluded by ALL THE THINGS (except water).

As Dazhbog said the technology is still in early prototype stage. The "accident version" you saw is even missing some key data assets and is far from complete.

I've noticed that when raining, vehicles do not make dust when move!!!

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

I've noticed that when raining, vehicles do not make dust when move!!! nice :)

looks like this new rain system is pretty darn good!!

hopefully it will darken clothing and make the ground all wet like GTA V :)

and if cars etc had rain drops on the windscreen and wipers and that would be excellent!!!

puddles cant forget puddles!

looks like this new rain system is pretty darn good!!

hopefully it will darken clothing and make the ground all wet like GTA V :)

and if cars etc had rain drops on the windscreen and wipers and that would be excellent!!!

puddles cant forget puddles!

Sorry, you and other, i miss a thing about rain ??

I don't see any modification on dev branch when i play with rain.

What we must use ?

Sorry, you and other, i miss a thing about rain ??

I don't see any modification on dev branch when i play with rain.

What we must use ?

Answer :

It's good to see that Bis is continuing to improve all visual effect and on the other hands they will give us more content aswell ;)

I tried it again, this time didn't go away. I waited 15 in-game minutes and still didn't see it. However, I noticed that I didn't get cloudless sky like it is in your picture.

Rainbow is very rare right now. I have just adjusted parameters. It should be easier to see the rainbow after next update. :)