BIS hit the ball out of the park with the crepuscular rays IMO. At this point I fail to see how they could even improve on the effect:

I dunno, it looks like a nuclear explosion in the sky.

Couldnt be more realistic.

New muzzle flash effect, T-100:

Nice, but larger, spherical effect does not always occur. The whole thing could be a little bigger, dramatic, and flashier, as per the real T-90 vids shown above. But it does the job... Particle quality is standard.

That small blob of fire kills it. It is visible for too long and it is just too small and it looks more like a 2D Sprite then an actuall ball of fire.

Sunset looked perfect, and I say this as someone who hates overdone lighting and has all the PP turned off.

That small blob of fire kills it. It is visible for too long and it is just too small and it looks more like a 2D Sprite then an actuall ball of fire.

The whole effect looks weird still. i've provided a ton of videos of various vehicles firing in my feedback post here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14023

There should be a large, quickly travelling ball of fire followed by thin smoke, and then the smoketrail of the bore evacuator pumping out the residual gas and powder fumes from the barrel. It's still more reminiscent of a tannerite blast, rather than a tank gun going off. What'd be Idea would be an animated muzzle flash like they had for the rifles in OFP, together with the new muzzleflash animations in the game right now for the rifles, and the sprites and particles used for dust, bore evacuator and residual smoke.

The ball of flame has been instead of muzzle flash for Vasruk for way too long, it mostly covers the new muzzle flash most of the time, both are work in progress. It is possible that you may even not see the change because of the particle effect, this is being addressed by DarkDruid :icon_twisted:

Does High Command work? I've been trying to use it today and it won't work. I did everything I used to do with OA so it should still work the same. Lctrl space, 5 groups synced to HCsubordinate, synced to command, synced to me. I thought it used to work a few weeks ago

Couldnt be more realistic.

it could be better, if you start measure amount of dust or density of fog mist (humidity) etc. in air ...

but ofc atm. thats overkil

it could be better, if you start measure amount of dust or density of fog mist (humidity) etc. in air ...

Key word is "overkill" or "atm"? :D

As is, better to have than don't.

Ive seen those dust effects somewhere but dont remember in which game it was. I dont think it would be an overkill but it maybe dont look that good in arma because of the high view range and people would ask how to turn it off because they cant see an enemy at 300m+. I would more like to see wind effects, dust is thrown in the air,leaves flying to the dark forest... and btw the flying butterflys are awesome ! But first fix bring a hotfix for the multiplayer crashes to the spotrep. It really kills it and its the only reason why i look into the dev disscussion.

The ball of flame has been instead of muzzle flash for Vasruk for way too long, it mostly covers the new muzzle flash most of the time, both are work in progress. It is possible that you may even not see the change because of the particle effect, this is being addressed by DarkDruid :icon_twisted:

Go DarkDruid!

A small question to better understand the development process:

When you work on something like this, how do you do this? Do you first look at YT Videos to get an idea of the effect? And what comes after that?

We played online maybe an hour or so (did some mission restarts). No crashes!

:bounce3:

We played online maybe an hour or so (did some mission restarts). No crashes!

:bounce3:

If your referencing the PhysX issue I'm not sure the one dev branch compatible server I saw available is really a good test for this issue. A full server going p vs p with multiple events (crashes, explosions etc) is probably going to give you a better read on the effectiveness of the fix. I'm not sure how Bi would do that though except to partner with a popular server.

If your referencing the PhysX issue I'm not sure the one dev branch compatible server I saw available is really a good test for this issue. A full server going p vs p with multiple events (crashes, explosions etc) is probably going to give you a better read on the effectiveness of the fix. I'm not sure how Bi would do that though except to partner with a popular server.

ATM there's 124 players on 116 servers running Altis :o

edit. whoops, had my filters f'ed up

Edited by CaptainObvious

Yep no crashes in MP in 30min gameplay for me.

Same here on Gekkibi's server.

Ive seen those dust effects somewhere but dont remember in which game it was. I dont think it would be an overkill but it maybe dont look that good in arma because of the high view range and people would ask how to turn it off because they cant see an enemy at 300m+. I would more like to see wind effects, dust is thrown in the air,leaves flying to the dark forest... and btw the flying butterflys are awesome ! But first fix bring a hotfix for the multiplayer crashes to the spotrep. It really kills it and its the only reason why i look into the dev disscussion.

sure, all that sounds great but w/o first to have all properly , only synchronized in MP and not otherwise or not at all ...

I´m looking forward to that. Could we possibly get a look at the explosion effects and impact effects of shells at some point too? Reducing particle count and making the effects more varied and realistic, possibly changing the particle system so you can have assymetric particles that do not scale like the current particles do, ie, remain at a fixed size rather than scaling with distance to remain at their pixel width?

Edited by InstaGoat

Today in developer vers. tested the updated version of body armor.

This is very bad!

Strange system of protection. Man gets in flak jacket (heavy) at chest level 3 hits (9mm) and dies!

The man gets in bullet-proof vest at stomach level 4 hits (9mm) and dies! Why? abdomen and chest armor protected the same plate. Why stomach is less vulnerable? Why 9mm bullets are causing so much damage to a person in heavy armor? What's the damage model??

But the man gets in sexual organs 4 Shot (9mm) and not dies!!!

This is nonsense.

Edited by Kirill

Good to hear some progress on the multiplayer crashes.

Any possibility of getting the BLUFOR mortar working again?

It cant be assembled after disassembly

ATM there's 124 players on 116 servers running Altis :o

edit. whoops, had my filters f'ed up

I'm referencing the dev build that they were looking to test today. There was only 1 compatible sever running domination (with 3 players on it when I tried it). It was supposed to address the physX crash issue. I dont think any of the other servers you see are running the dev build.

Edited by Bvrettski

• Fixed: Light shafts rendering (1st person objects are now rendered correctly)

Unfortunately, I still do encounter this 'whiting out' of 1st person objects.

I'm referencing the dev build that they were looking to test today. There was only 1 compatible sever running domination (with 3 players on it when I tried it). It was supposed to address the physX crash issue. I dont think any of the other servers you see are running the dev build.

We used the dev build on my server. It's not on the server list because Simon says "I hate public servers". ;)

Those 116 servers were running the dev build too, and were public of course, you might want to try the Play withSIX, it's teh shits!