The light shafts look amazing, though I have run into a bug.

When I look in the direction of the sun while standing still, my rifle and arm will turn completely white: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884120578924556295/12D666639463549BED8BF8EB889685FBA0A82444/

This does not happen when I move, only when standing still. And when I look in the opposite direction, everything is fine too.

Change your HDR setting to get rid of that, of course the bug itself still needs to be fixed

After last dev patch this happened in stratis airport and i lost like over 60 fps in altis

use FRAPS it gives the true FPS

That youtube video was made with FRAPS...i just changed to stable branch and all back to normal!FPS back and stratis airport buildings are on its place!

arma 3 vanilla no mods.

use FRAPS it gives the true FPS

but not for the pure game.

fraps murders Frame rate

I'd love to deliver stuff faster, but I don't have more hands and heads than average human :619:

Damn, and here I thought BI had learned from Hinduism's Vishnu.:(

Either way, zGuba, thanks for what is already fixed at least. :)

Edited by colossus
whops! Silly brain

Yes the impact using FRAPS while recording is quite huge. Although using FRAPS just for monitoring(not recording) the frames have no negative effect.

isn't that pic from first implemenation? it was toned down since in following updates

I'm sorry if this goes a little off-topic, but could the light rays be made a little less brilliant but cast much further away?

It would create some great shadow play as if the light would hit fog. It'd look as if there was some volumetric lighting.

Refer to this picture: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/HarryBogard/ss_harlequin_02-27-10_09-54-37_zato.jpg

I'm sorry if this goes a little off-topic, but could the light rays be made a little less brilliant but cast much further away?

It would create some great shadow play as if the light would hit fog. It'd look as if there was some volumetric lighting.

Refer to this picture: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/HarryBogard/ss_harlequin_02-27-10_09-54-37_zato.jpg

Very cool looking effect. I support this idea

Yes the impact using FRAPS while recording is quite huge.

Actually it shouldn't be that high.

Recording video at 60 fps and full size (which is quite useless and makes huge files): 45 fps not recording, 40 fps recording.

With half size recording: 45 fps not recording, 42 recording.

30 fps recording is economical, and usually game fps is higher, so when recording, game fps is dropped to equal 30 so the framerate stays stable.

When there's a lot going on, heavy battle or/and lots of units on the map, and the fps drops below 30: 21-23 not recording, 21-22 recording. So the impact is almost zero.

I am waiting for NVIDIA ShadowPlay :) The things will use dedicated H.264 video encoding hardware, the recording performance drop should be minimal.

I suggest you guys use Bandicam and drop Fraps. Bandicam uses Nvidia CUDA and every time I'm playing Arma 3 I'm recording now, I have no drop in frame rates. The quality is excellent, you just have to know a few things about video editing and get it configured just right.

http://www.bandicam.com/

Open-source alternative: Open Broadcaster (directed at live streaming but allows x264 recording to disk), fps impact negligeable on a K3770+NV560.

no update today? :(

The BI work day is not over yet.

Plus don't ask for updates, that's considered spam ;) The dev's will bestow their Holy DevBranch Change-log upon us when it's ready.

I appreciate that you want to share your preffered recording solution but before we'll continue with everyone presenting their favorite program, let's return to the thread's topic and provide useful feedback on the development branch changes. Thank you :)

Okay, I deleted my post about video recording programs.

Any news on ETA for new tools that were mentioned in latest SITREP?

Edited by rebelvg

Okay, I deleted my post about video recording programs.

Any news on ETA for new tools that were mentioned in latest SITREP?

I would love to test the tools out

*wink wink nudge nudge* ;)

Been away and didn't find anything on searching - are save games from the showcases broken again? Anyone got a fix?

Like the new light shafts but thing it's dropping my fps quite a bit....

cheers for any help

isn't that pic from first implemenation? it was toned down since in following updates

Why was that done? The sun was perfect in the first light shaft implementation. Now it's back to being way too weak.

I was looking at the sun from 1st person. Previously the sun's light disk was discernible from the surrounding bloom, while i like the increased blinding effect i found it more realistic in this regard (the previous look).

I was looking at the sun from 1st person. Previously the sun's light disk was discernible from the surrounding bloom, while i like the increased blinding effect i found it more realistic in this regard (the previous look).

With the sun directly in your face, it should be very hard to make out shapes. As it is now, it's better than in the stable but still not blinding enough. It's a real shame, I liked the effect as it was in the first implementation, at least it should go some middle ground here. Sun in your face means you have to squint.