There is no sound when flying the jet into an object at full speed -the screen just turns to the damage 'your dead' effect and when the plane finally 'lands' it then blows up and you hear the full effect. This needs work as it makes what should be an extremely loud and violent event more of a non-event.

Throwing this out there.. take it or leave it. I am speaking as a real world pilot who flies fixed wing and has also flown rotary wing.

-the amount of reduced collective available in the helos. To slow from max speed to a hover without gaining altitude required a 100% collective reduction about 2k out from the landing zone. For stopping with a full collective reduction, it should be less than half that.

- the responsiveness of the pedals / tail rotor.... At anything less than 100Kph you should be able to get much more deflection of the nose. Probably close to 90 degrees and then as speed increases to full that should reduce to 10 degrees.

- Cyclic rate is VERY low especially on the little birds. Helicopters are capable of very rapid cyclic changes. Here is a vid of a blackhawk doing a roll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSXiyR98SU4 and another military chopper doing one as well

- You should be able to shut the engine off in flight and practice auto rotations, the option is there but it does not work

-Auto rotations are lacking as well... they seem to rely too much on forward speed. I believe that if the first suggestion I made, to increase the amount of collective reduction possible, was made, this would no longer be so unrealistic.

They fixed wing physics are mostly acceptable... but could be improved

-roll rates are a tad low IMHO.

-I noticed that as the aircraft gets slow, the nose will drop unless you add power, this really isn't how jets react. They mostly just stall and fall without much of a pitch break. They will maintain pitch and just sort of drop.

- On the ground Nose wheel steering is awful... most any aircraft can turn on the inside wheel with the nose going almost 90 degrees.

- On the ground, the throttle response makes it very difficult to maintain a realistic and constant ground speed.

I hope these make sense and someone is looking!

I just want the ability to control the angle of the rotors like TOH.

You don't really control the angle of the rotors even in TOH, if you watch the assembly in motion you'll see the rotors don't any up, down or twist.

roll rate is probably as is for a cross between all control inputs (mouse, keyboard, joystick, gamepad) and if you do make the aircraft sensitive enough to instantly respond to your input then its not going to feel weighty as people are so used to...you can achieve an easy roll rate amongst other agility but then you run into other problems, such as doing two rolls in succession without losing much lift or stalling the rotors.

Here's another video that shows the inside and out of how agile these things can be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7oZVnOXWTY of course problem is standard FM doesn't account for most of the aspects of flight dangers, why you shouldn't maneuver at a bank or pitch without following a particular incline..IE not just violently throwing the nose back and diving to your death.

Not generally wishing to toot my own horn but download Franze apache addon and drop that in the arma 3 addons folder (keep in mind of a changed center of mass and that you must spawn the helo empty) and then tell us if highly responsive cyclic and roll rates is what you really want.

Edited by NodUnit

We've done all this before with tkoh. It's been solved to a large degree. Why don't we get that flight model.

You don't really control the angle of the rotors even in TOH, if you watch the assembly in motion you'll see the rotors don't any up, down or twist.

You do, I always tested the pitch was working before even firing up the heli.

• Protocol messages have different visualization than narrative messages

This dark text is quite hard to read in some situations.

A bit OT, but was function BIS_Effects_Burn trashed ?

A can't get it working in ArmA3.

Yes (more precisely \ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf).

Yup, that sucks. You can createVehicle "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" if you want that something is burning.

OPFOR artillery (2S9 Sochor) is broken and almost unusable with supports module. For example it can't fire cluster shells at certain distances etc. Radio communicate says "rounds complete" but no rounds are fired (invalid coordinates). It works fine with same ammunition and distance using BLUFOR Scorcher. Also turret behavior right before shooting rounds is really strange (turning to the right just before shooting for no reason).

Yup, that sucks. You can createVehicle "test_EmptyObjectForFireBig" if you want that something is burning.

Thx. It sucks.

I'll try the suggested workaround.

Also "test_EmptyObjectForSmoke".

ohh wow what?

Old news, they are talking about the merhe of ToH and Arma 2 CO

Man, I hate to argue about the FIA uniforms not being changed but I found another that has changed. Kerry has changed. He looked badass before now he looks like some average guy. Marksman and Kerry, I guees they just want to keep dumbing down things.

We are working on investigating the frequent MP crash related to PhysX. It’s proving hard to find and involves external libraries. We hope to be able to hotfix 1.02 if we do find it soon.

nice to see they are working on physX_86.dll problem, it is so annoying, i hope for hotfix soon

Stable build.

thumb.png

thumb.png

Dev build.

thumb.png

thumb.png

Should I report this? It happened right after update that included new light shafts and other visual features, I guess.

Also, those lights in dev build flicker a bit. Command I used to hide car - deletecollection.

Sound: Improved MP 3D sound playback

Curious what has been improved exactly? Anyone had a test run and noticed anything?

- deletecollection.

That's an obsolete command. Use hideobject instead.