Anyone notice how the camera doesn't really follow the orientation of your head upon death like they said they made it do?

It seems to try though

I didn't mention that on purpose, because I'm not quite sure how it works in Arma 2. Does the bullets fly glued together, or is there a small distance between each bullets? If there's distance between projectiles then that is a valid method as well.

they have a dispersion from intial spawn point (so they start in the same place but spread like a shotgun)

After troubleshooting this for an hour of repairing the A3 files and reinstalling drivers I have found that the jet above high textures is corrupted. I would say this has happened in the last patch but I haven't played for around a week,reducing to high will fix the issue but now I can't run Ultra textures. :icon_sad:

<a  href=http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2161/lbb2.jpg' alt='lbb2.jpg'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

After troubleshooting this for an hour of repairing the A3 files and reinstalling drivers I have found that the jet above high textures is corrupted. I would say this has happened in the last patch but I haven't played for around a week,reducing to high will fix the issue but now I can't run Ultra textures. :icon_sad:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/2161/lbb2.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It is the skin that's messed up. I was looking at the skins for it and it's in the "plane_fighter_03_body_1_indp_co.paa". the entire bottom half of the texture is like that.

I have another really weird issue. I have a battle with many different soldiers and vehicles. I have Madrids start in the water and finish with a "move" waypoint about 400 meters inland. When the battle toned down, I went around looking at how the battle ended up so I can fix things. Every single Madrid finshed back in the water. I have no idea how that could happen. 2 were destroyed and the remainin 4 Madrids all drove the opposite way and got back in the water about 50 meters from shore.

Why would they do that? Before anyone suggests, I looked at each waypoint and every waypoint was a move and were not told to "engage at will".

@Kayso, Open your game options and go to layout. Your layout should look like normal, but those that are messed up stay at the middle of the screen like that. Ignore the messed up ones. Click on each item in the layout. Don't move them, just click on them. Then save and exit. Restart the game and your HUD will go back to normal. It's like they reset the HUD settings and clicking on each item basically tells the game that you just placed them.

Edited by Victim9l3

I'm losing textures of weapons / vehicle interiors (turning completely white) when looking at the sun with this latest build. Only occurs with FXAA or SMAA enabled, running an AMD 6800 series on latest beta drivers.

Few pages back Greenfist found a cure, change the HDR setting.

I did some Tests:

Littlebird 7,62:

I needed around 250 rounds to make the "House, large,white" at Stratis 0284 0607 fully collapse!

Orca 6,5mm:

emptied 2000 rounds, only a corner of the house collapsed

Zaphir (7,62):

1900 rounds until one corner of the building collapsed.

Shooting with the littlebird so that the bullets hit the ground half a meter away from a rifleman kills that rifleman->Littlebird ammo has splash damage

Due to the new very much improved (and awesome) bullet penetration, each bullet hits the House multiple times as it passes through the outer wall and hits the inner walls.

Ideas to fix this:

Remove splash damage from the ammo let the guns converge instead to make hiting targets easier+increase RoF.

Edited by Tonci87

Ideas to fix this:

Remove splash damage from the ammo let the guns converge instead to make hiting targets easier+increase RoF.

Why would removing splash damage have an effect on hoe many rounds it take to destroy a house?

And it's been said many times that the ROF is limited to 1 round per frame.

Why would removing splash damage have an effect on hoe many rounds it take to destroy a house?

Thats why we have multiplier in the configs - with that way works arma 2 minigun

The new lightshafts are amazing! So are the lens flares, the sun can be truly blinding now :) The heat haze effect is great too, but imo it needs a higher resolution when you get up close. Looks a bit weird from very close.

And yes I agree the miniguns are a bit OP now..

The new lightshafts are amazing! So are the lens flares, the sun can be truly blinding now :) The heat haze effect is great too, but imo it needs a higher resolution when you get up close. Looks a bit weird from very close.

And yes I agree the miniguns are a bit OP now..

We need a real sun glasses now, not just a model.:cool:

Showcase Combined Arms: the Ghost Hawks disappear as soon as they get 10-20 meters off the ground after unloading troops at missions start. Am I the only one?

Yay!

We need a real sun glasses now, not just a model.:cool:

There is already a mod for that and as Say a Dev in a topic about lights, there is never official work on glasses on arma 3. Maybe on 4.

For me, we don't need glasses, i don't have blind effect in comparaison of the reality, actually we have blind only on a long range distance, not a middle. But it's the first version of lightshafts, we have time to see the improvments :)

Showcase Combined Arms: the Ghost Hawks disappear as soon as they get 10-20 meters off the ground after unloading troops at missions start. Am I the only one?

Doesn't happen for me.

Not speaking from any type of true knowledge, but a simple answer would be:

A bullet without splash damage that deals 10 points. Hits a point on the house, house takes 10 points of damage.

A bullet with splash damage that deals 10 points on hit, then 10 (or even less) points in every single direction around the original hit, house takes tons more damage per hit and will reach it's damage threshold to collapse a lot sooner.

Throw in the fact that a bullet may go through the wall, deal splash damage to that wall and then hit another wall inside, dealing more splash damage to that wall and so on and you can see a house will take a lot of damage in a hurry.

That'd be my guess...

Houses are just more vulnerable to HE in general. Sabot of course does the most damage of any round in the game, but in ArmA 2, the Bradley's HE 30mm wrecked buildings a lot faster.

Healing option via contextual menu (selecting medic > pointing at a wounded unit > "Perform Action" key to issue a "Heal" command) doesn't work anymore?

really nice sunshaft there! Noticed some lithing flickering with them. Made a test mission, 6am, 6% clouds, placed myself somewhere in the woods on altis. Some pine trees have lighing flickering now, shadows behind them seem to flicker abiit as well, and dissapear, when you look at them from an angle. Also when you zoom in with + or by right mouse button, the sunshafts do dissapear. Luckely no performance hit because of them. Now can't wait the combination of volumetric clouds light illumination, which was in some late alpha versions, together with sunshafts. Thats combo would be just epic!

Shouldn't the miniguns have penetration? That jet video somebody showed very powerful rounds that appears to penetrate the building rather than destroy it. We should not be getting into the nerf and buff crap. What we should be doing is requesting better penetration and more realistic damage to structures and vehicles. Miniguns are powerful, and we should never start modifying them because there too op or something stupid like that.

Just a little opinion about the look of sea (note that the time of game world has been frozen so the jet is in the same position in every pic):

Here we can see the sea at about 3000 m altitude with almost no zoom at all. The waves morph together, look too large and high and they reflect too much light, making the sea look like plastic and the ground targets like miniatures:

http://pilvigalleria.inc.fi:443/imgs/107410_2013-09-27_00011.png

If I move the camera far away from the Hornet and zoom in, the sea begins to look really cool and realistic actually, because only the wave tops are reflecting the sunlight. This looks superb! Pay attention to the angle of sun:

http://pilvigalleria.inc.fi:443/imgs/107410_2013-09-27_00013.png

...but if I zoom in more till I reach the max zoom, the waves become overreflective again:

http://pilvigalleria.inc.fi:443/imgs/107410_2013-09-27_00014.png

The effect that can be observed in the first and the last A3 picture makes the sea look like plastic and the ground smaller than what it actually is. Eg. here is comparison screenshot from DCS (the A-10 is about at same altitude and at the same distance from houses on ground):

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/iblock/82e/dcs_2011-05-28_01-03-56-46.jpg

The world looks a lot larger in the DCS pic despite of the higher zoom, probably because the waves aren't overreflective nor too large or high. The second A3 picture of the series has really very realistic (and cool!) reflections, that's how it should be also in other zoom levels in my opinion.

Edit: here's a pic from A3 where the sunlight isn't reflected from the sea due to the position of camera and sun. The angle of picture is different too, but game world looks much larger still, probably thanks to the lacking waves and reflections: http://pilvigalleria.inc.fi:443/imgs/107410_2013-09-27_00015.png

Made a ticket about the issue: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15088

Edited by Ezcoo