I think I might know what is wrong. Since the minigun bullets seem to have some sort of splash damage, this extra damage might be responsible for the collapsing buildings

Is that picture from real life? I'm not joking.

Nope that is the current dev build with some tweaked gamma and slightly more brightness from the video options.

Aren't they produced by scattered particles in the air ? In this case, they should be less apparent when the air is clear and come out more with slight to medium fog

Normally yes but the only way to do it entirerly correct would be to have floating particles and uniquely places rays, otherwise a way to detect those particles OR have the rays that come through windows be more pronounced but each method has its pro's and cons by by complexity, because then you'd also have to find a way to make the rays more visible when dirt is kicked up from whatever and distnguish between that and 'clean air'. Sounds like a LOT of calculations..

Its only on AH9? or on all minigun?

Tested the ghost hawk minigun. Took ~300 rounds to collapse the construction site building. Overpowered!

Can we please turn wrecks back on as selectable map objects?

{_x hideObject true} forEach (nearestObjects [this, ["Wreck_Base_F"], 200]);

That used to hide wrecks on the map, even though it insanely left collision on for vehicles. But in today's stable release wrecks aren't picked up by nearestObjects at all. We used to use underwater wrecks as spots for missions, but now we can't since there's no way to select them because nearestObjects doesn't even see them anymore. This is optimization gone too far. :)

Agreed - I'm having all sorts of problems with detecting things on the map now. There's lots of things I can't pick up on anymore and I'm sure a few of them are bugged as well. Sometimes it forces the scripts to quit (with no error) which is frustrating.

No problems on Stratis - just Altis.

Its very pretty but still: at higher distances there is a high contrast of brightness from the ground and units, so the ground is dark and blurry the units are very bright, if not white (no i dont mean missing shadows).

This make it impossible to remain unseen, if someone looks in your directions sees a ocean of dark green/brown and a bright few pixels on it (even if you dont move).

Here is an EXTREME example:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130906/lq6ggy9v.png

Here less far:

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3353/t8wu7zy9_jpg.htm

It seem to come from the sunlight (hdr) , if the sunlight is gone everything thing seem to be threaded the same lightningwise.

EDIT: The same happens at night with light from the lighttower. Near you you can see that the model and grass is differently handled to the ground.

Can and if: will there be something done about it?

Edited by wiresnsnakes

What I don´t like is that he miniguns now do splash damage. Is this the solution to making them more lethal?

The fix is quite simple. Both guns need to converge. Make the bullet paths meet 500m in front of the helicopter and it will be much easier to hit something.

And the minigus shouldn´t collapse buildings that fast.

But it is really cool to see how bullets penetrate walls!

The Gatlings (all of them!) need their real life firerates. This is the reason why they're so effective. Everything else is a botch job.

But the penetration in Arma 3 is really awesome, that's true.

These bullet holes don't look quite right, maybe still WIP or unfinished?

I really hope they'll rework the bullet impact holes. The dots are :/

That had been previously reported by me. Thought it was harder to reproduce. Check my note at the feedback issue.

That had been previously reported by me. Thought it was harder to reproduce. Check my note at the feedback issue.

I did a search on weather and clouds, but nothing similar came up :confused:

I will upload a screen cap with my settings.

EDIT

Ok this is weird. I have restarted the game and now the rain clouds are behaving normal :)

Edited by Maio

The Gatlings (all of them!) need their real life firerates. This is the reason why they're so effective. Everything else is a botch job.

But the penetration in Arma 3 is really awesome, that's true.

Just before this change, everybody was complaining about underpowered gatlings on choppers...I guess fully simulated 120 rounds per second is currently just not feasible in A3 (that would be the rate of fire of two gatlings combined in AH9), so a workaround is a welcome change (if it works well).

Just before this change, everybody was complaining about underpowered gatlings on choppers...I guess fully simulated 120 rounds per second is currently just not feasible in A3 (that would be the rate of fire of two gatlings combined in AH9), so a workaround is a welcome change (if it works well).

I think mild splash damage is okay, but they also need higher dispersion. But they shouldn't tear down buildings that even the satchel charges can't blow down with one or two charges, such as the building sites.

The rays are a little overdone at the moment and there does seem to be a bit of a FPS hit, but I'm sure they'll be worked on, and they're pretty. What would be really cool though is if you actually got rays coming through the roof holes in some of the derelict buildings, doorways etc.

Though to be quite honest I would gladly trade effects like this for fixing horrible old lighting bugs like hills not casting shadows as someone else mentioned, and that thing where the sun is behind you and shadows disappear if you look too far in a certain direction. Actually I can't reproduce the latter right now, maybe it was fixed and I didn't notice. Or there are specific conditions.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Inventory management in scenario briefings is enabled, but still undergoing quite a lot of work

Is there already a possibility to add items to description.ext ? Weapons, Magazines and Backpacks probably still work.

I noticed that switching to the camera changes the color of the water. Out to sea, i'm flying over darker water and when I use the camera the water turns super blue. I think everything changes a little brighter, but especially the water.

And when I switch back, the water and everything else stays bright.

The rays are a little overdone at the moment and there does seem to be a bit of a FPS hit, but I'm sure they'll be worked on, and they're pretty. What would be really cool though is if you actually got rays coming through the roof holes in some of the derelict buildings, doorways etc.

I agree.

Here are two examples of the lightshafts:

http://i.cubeupload.com/TmoUtK.jpg and

http://i.cubeupload.com/uKSnsN.png.

In the former picture the lightshafts look overdone, because the air in the shadows looks quite "clear" (low humidity, not much haze can be seen, don't think that there would be that much dust flowing in the air either), so the lightshafts look too strong when compared to the rest of the picture. In the latter pic, however, the lightshafts look pretty cool and natural, because you can see the bright sun directly ("eye glare" effect) and the high humidity of air from the indirect light haze that is all over the pic.

I noticed that clouds and colors of sky became kinda dull...

In the mid-beta, I was able to produce orange color cloud etc...

But now I can't.

Also we were never able to produce red-oeange color sunset.... hmm...

I noticed that clouds and colors of sky became kinda dull...

In the mid-beta, I was able to produce orange color cloud etc...

But now I can't.

Also we were never able to produce red-oeange color sunset.... hmm...

I can't even figure out how to produce clouds anymore with simulSetHumidity disabled. There another command that replaced it?

I can't even figure out how to produce clouds anymore with simulSetHumidity disabled. There another command that replaced it?

...Like setOvercast?

Speaking of the Overpowered Miniguns:

I think everyone has seen this video by now:

That House was lit up by 30mm rounds and didn´t collapse.

What becubed posted

100 rounds of 5.56mm against a stacked pile of bricks 2 deep

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9501045/100rnds556Bricks.jpg

100 rounds of 7.62

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9501045/100rnds762Bricks.jpg

Given that this is about a one second burst from a mini gun I see them being able to chew up buildings without any problem

Is realistic if you have a wall of loose bricks stacked on each other. Such a wall will collapse.

A House is a solid structure.

What type of ammo an A-10 and a helo carries, same?

What type of ammo an A-10 and a helo carries, same?

A-10 carries 30 mm ammo.

The AH-9 carries 7.62 mm ammo.

To compare: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/3085751835_86c4eed657_b.jpg left, 30 mm GAU-8 round, in the middle a .50 BMG (12.7mm) and a 7.62 AK round on the right. The rounds the AH-9 uses are marginally bigger than the AK round.

Re Lightshafts (Godrays): They are too intense in clear air, and get much reduced in intensity when you have fog. So they work opposite the way they work in real life. In clear air, they should be very marginal.

Indoors, they should be visible, especially when guns are fired nearby (Whenever weapons are fired they should increase to simulate dust that's been kicked up into the air, which should disappear over time after the battle is over). because buildings have natural amounts of dust floating in the air.

Edited by InstaGoat

Got these errors spamming suddently in my mission, without never ending:

Error in expression <== 0) then
{

BIS_fnc_feedback_damageCC ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0.15, 0, 0, ((0.4>
 Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0.15, 0, 0, ((0.4>
 Error 7 elements provided, 3 expected
File A3\functions_f\Feedback\fn_damagePulsing.sqf, line 58
Error in expression <tCommit 0; 

BIS_fnc_feedback_damageCC ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0.15, 0, 0, 0],
[>
 Error position: <ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0.15, 0, 0, 0],