It's the Depth of Field, looks like the reticles are considered as not in focus. You can temporarily fix it by dialing the DOF slider all the way down.

I think it also affects tracers, as well.

I've noticed a lot more hitching again with this dev patch. Seems to be tied to moving your viewpoint or moving fast across terrain via plane or vehicle, possibly something to do with loading assets into memory.

Honest question: A smooth transition from main scope to the backup sights is possible, instead of the "robotic" insta switch between them?

Little things that add to the whole.

agreed. details like that make a difference!

So can we still see through the mid section of the T-100 and kill the crew from there and underneath?

I see three changes for the T-100 in the changelog, but none of them mention these model problems.

Ace! The Jay Crowe voice is back, now I can realise my dream of playing a video game as a northerner. Also, great to see the hub idle animations have come back.

•New layers for Altis (satmap and satmask tweaks)

any difference in midrangetextures? Can´t test it during next week.

Mhhh....to be honest I dont see any changes. It seems its rather a small workover than a big change.

If I didnt catch anything wrong the resolution of the midrange textures stayed the same.

And there is no different midrange texture to see anywhere. So jeah...either its only a small fix or it is sth that will only be used later.

I think its rather the first.....

I think it also affects tracers, as well.

And stars.

So can we still see through the mid section of the T-100 and kill the crew from there and underneath?

I see three changes for the T-100 in the changelog, but none of them mention these model problems.

Forgot to mention, apologizes. Yes, fixed.

Playing the game lately, I have noticed that footsteps are way too loud. I'm walking on the beach near the dry lake and I keep thinking I'm hearing gunshots but it's actually my teammates footsteps. This is at a lower volume but still noticeable at normal volumes. So I fired my gun (opfor rifleman) and the gun is actually quieter than the footsteps. In fact, later when I was in full combat I team switched and shot at an enemy and I thought maybe I landed in a recon body because I thought I was firing with a silencer. I didn't have a silencer. So maybe someone can check that. Especially the walking on the sand compared to gun shots. Oh, and everything is at default levels, for those that might say my audio settings are off.

However, that was before todays update, it came out so late I thought there was none.

Check in your windows audio control panel that you don't have a "Dynamic Compression" setting on. It may be called many things but basically it lowers the volume of loud sounds and increases it for soft ones.

Another user had the same problem. He couldn't hear gunfire above ambient noise.

Those optics like ARCO , HAMR and MRCO should NOT be used with NV - they dont work in real life , you need special adapters or extra NV device to make it work

also there is "Freelook with zoom" issue when you can look around with zoom of the 3D scope , which is like cheat :p

Edited by RobertHammer

There is an error when accessing showcases menu that pop ups every time, regarding a missing button: I can't check it right now, but I noticed it wasn't fixed with the last few Dev Builds. :D

Also, when firing a GL, the soldier pulls the rifle trigger.

Yay!

Forgot to mention, apologizes. Yes, fixed.

In the latest DEV or in the next one? If the latest I can't confirm: The crew can still be seen from the turret back and side.. but I cannot kill them now.

Interesting note, the US Army has apparently accepted the XM25 into service as the M25: http://sofrep.com/25802/xm25-to-become-the-m25/

So, will we get to see working airburst weapons later? :>

Ye heh - also now am missing the new M2010 or even MSR , because those been adopted too and they would fit into arma 3 :)

like arma 2 had M24 , arma 3 could have that m2010 - i would be happy camper ;)

Just thought I'd say...

I'd support all of those suggestions, though may I add I'd like to see some taxiway lights as well :)

Thank you BIS! :D

I lately noticed that you can finally edit your loadout and that of your team (wether you're a leader or not) prior to a mission. My OCD thanks for this! :D

I thus have a bug and a half to report about this: first real bug is that while editing the inventory of any squad member the name that is shown on the inventory itself is always that of the played charachter, and not that of the AI you are editing the inventory of. The second half bug is: could you make inventory item sortable? My OCD will thank you a lot for that feauture.

Yay!

I've noticed the independent officer model(ia_officer.p3d) has two new hiddenSelections "insignia" and "clan". Insignia I guess will be for the shoulder flags, it's not currently working. Clan is a rectangular patch on the right arm below the flag.

update of the day :

26-09-2013

exe rev. 110425

size: ~282 mb

the main branch patch
should
take place tomorrow.

I'd like to thank lord of the bounce, pettka, once again for his daily assistance in filtering this changelog from its automated skynet sources.

• inventory management in scenario briefings is enabled, but still undergoing quite a lot of work

• the damage of helicopters, cars and boats from collisions has been tweaked

• sochor and scorcher dangerous recoil fixed

• lens flare has been re-done

• replaced one jayholder radio protocol with a recorded british protocol

• fixed: Background tiles were flashing when adjusting the menu color in "configure > game > color" menu

• us lags should be only part of color map, not specular textures

• fia soldiers have better uniforms

• fixed: Sector color in the mp status bar was always matching user defined color

• fixed: Respawn countdown was overlapping score table

• fixed: Notification messages were not aligned to the middle

• volume of advanced hint related sounds adjusted

• fixed: Rmb on linked weapon item moves item to a ground instead of a active left-side tab (ground, crate, ...)

• fixed: Scrolling items in the ammo box

• fixed: The player and ai would sometimes not be able to shoot in showcase night

• event handlers put and take have been extended