Balancing:

I hate this word.

1. Increase vehicle ammo (especially vehicle autocannon) to a realistic amount! Major fun and realism killer. Vehicles with 20-40mm autocannons are storing at least 200-500+ rounds in real life! Some of them maybe need to be reloaded, but that shouldn't be a problem in Arma! Same with .50 cal ammo. Humvees take at least always 3 cases of ammo with them (3x 200+ rounds). I'm sure it won't disturb the balancing because it's still pretty much limited and vehicle ammo is usually hard to get.

Agreed.

2. Blufor badly needs a counterpart for the BTR Kamysh. Neither the Panther nor the Marshall are able to compete with the Kamysh in any way. Making the Marshall faster and slightly increasing the damage and rate of fire of the 40mm could solve the issue. Otherwise Blufor should get another APC (maybe something like the brand new South Korean K21? )

http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/u...10/08/K-21.jpg

3. Tanks: Slammer should have at least a 7,62mm coaxial gun or better .50 cal to be able to compete with the T-100.

4. Blufor is lacking a counterpart for the Zafir. The 6,5mm are too weak to effectively supress enemies in far-away firefights.

6. Vehicle smoke screen is not densely enough and it takes too long to build up. Vehicle smoke screen in real life:

(watch from 3:20)

Disagreed.

Disagreed.

6. Well watch the video. Pretty big difference between RL and Arma3.

2. Counterpart Marshall:

The Marshall is slower, slower acceleration, missing missiles and only has half the amount of ammo. Not tested yet, but armor should be quite similar.

When fighting against a Kamyish you can only win when you spot the enemy first and destroy him before he can use the missiles. And after that you're out of AP ammo and you need ages to get it rearmed. When the Kamyish spots you first you're gone with 1 missile and after that the Kamyish still has 1 missile and all the autocannon ammo.

4. 6.5mm Blufor machineguns compared to Zafir machinegun:

- slower rate of fire

- less penetration power

- bullets are less accurate in far firefights because the 6.5mm are more affected by gravitation and seem to have a lower muzzle velocity

-> disadvantage

3. T-100 is way more powerful against distant infantry targets because of it's .50cal, same reasons as above

•New layers for Altis (satmap and satmask tweaks)

any difference in midrangetextures? Can´t test it during next week.

But Pils, that makes the player create different ways to engage their enemy, i don't like the idea of changing weapons parameters, the Kamyish is a though enemy so you should avoid to fight with him heads on.I do agree about the ammo and specially the sounds!

I would like them to make the vehicles and weapons as close as their real counterparts as possible and make those sounds possible to hear from way longer distances!

But Pils, that makes the player create different ways to engage their enemy, i don't like the idea of changing weapons parameters, the Kamyish is a though enemy so you should avoid to fight with him heads on.I do agree about the ammo and specially the sounds!

I would like them to make the vehicles and weapons as close as their real counterparts as possible and make those sounds possible to hear from way longer distances!

My thoughts exactly.

An issue about T-100 and M2A1

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14925

If you are T-100 commander, you cant order your gunner to target an empty building and fire at it. If you are M2A1 commander you can do so.

If it is because M2A1 commander doesn't have AA machinegun?

==========

1. Be a commander of M2A1

2. Press T on a building to order the gunner target it.

You can see the radio: 2-Target xxx-xxx-xxx

3. Left ctrl+primary mouse key to see your gunner will shoot the building.

4. Change to be a commander of T-100

5. Press T on a building and nothing happened.

Thats true and it won't change. The Kamysh will still be the same tough enemy. It's just that the factions need to be balanced as in multiplayer usually 1 faction is fighting against the other.

So there just should be an APC which is as strong as the Kamysh. If we don't want parameters to get changed, then there could be a new tracked APC on Blufor with missiles like the one I posted.

But as this game isn't finished yet, there will be changes in parameters (like the changed tank armor in todays patch) anyway I guess.

2. Firefight/ambient sounds

Real firefight:

(watch from 1:00)

Warsounds/battlesounds/gunfire need to be hearable at much longer distances! Decrease the fading volume and increase the distance gunfire and other battlesounds are hearable majorly! You're standing on a hill 1 km away from a town with a major firefight going on and see all the tracers flying around - and you can't hear nothing! Of course no real life parameters, but a major tweak please!

Very, VERY much agreed.

Re: Gun sounds - Very, Very, VERY much agreed. :)

Gun sounds don't cut off IRL after a few hundred meters.

A magic freely falling bug

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14927

1. For tracked vehicles (tank, ifv, cannon), whatever you set in elevation bar, when they drop to the land from the sky they never get any hurt.

2. For wheeled vehicles (cars and apc) until higher than 205m they never get any hurt too.

What a magic freely falling!

:mad:

Anyone checked the Artillery?

The recoils seems to be a bit strong after todays patch.

jump jump jump, jump around.

Playing the game lately, I have noticed that footsteps are way too loud. I'm walking on the beach near the dry lake and I keep thinking I'm hearing gunshots but it's actually my teammates footsteps. This is at a lower volume but still noticeable at normal volumes. So I fired my gun (opfor rifleman) and the gun is actually quieter than the footsteps. In fact, later when I was in full combat I team switched and shot at an enemy and I thought maybe I landed in a recon body because I thought I was firing with a silencer. I didn't have a silencer. So maybe someone can check that. Especially the walking on the sand compared to gun shots. Oh, and everything is at default levels, for those that might say my audio settings are off.

However, that was before todays update, it came out so late I thought there was none.

• Adjusted textures of various characters

Anything specific that we can check out?

• Tweaked ammo calibers for more realistic penetration and deflection angles with special focus on pistol bullets

I've been hoping for some penetration fixes! Just tested quickly by shooting through corrugated metal sheds and fences, at AI units wearing chest rigs. Nice improvement with 6.5. At close range, most rounds penetrate easily and cause damage, resulting in death after 2-5 rounds.

5.56 still seems a bit weak though. I can fire a full mag at a guy right on the other side of both objects and although I could see about half the rounds hitting him, he didn't even flinch, and he had been hit by at least ten rounds before he appeared wounded.

EDIT: Just shot a guy through a thick concrete pillar with 7.62. This makes me happy.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

There is a new way to take a flight in a howitzer.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14929

1. set a M4 or 2s9 as a gunner,

2. You can use artillary computer or manual adjust the ELV of the gun >40 degree

3. Fire and you can see you are flying.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Anyone checked the Artillery?

The recoils seems to be a bit strong after todays patch.

jump jump jump, jump around.

See my issue track

I watched the yellow runaway lights and they still look like there isn't any light when you're near BUT if you're pointing flashlight near them they get lit:

Comparsion images

Any chance to get them work like that without flashlight? Red/white lights also need surcafe light.

There is a new way to take a flight in a howitzer.

1. set a M4 or 2s9 as a gunner,

2. You can use artillary computer or manual adjust the ELV of the gun >40 degree

3. Fire and you can see you are flying.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

See my issue track

Oh, its not the physic. Ok, a bit. But Its the recoil. The gun will ramming in the ground through the whole model.

Oh, its not the physic. Ok, a bit. But Its the recoil. The gun will ramming in the ground through the whole model.

It's of course about physic. Any force effection such as recoil is simulated by some physx code.

Record video best, Fraps or Bandicam is good choice I think.

I have made recordings and have uploaded the first: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14931

Is this video useable?

When you crank up the volumne the echo/reverb portion of the sound becomes particularily clear in its distortion. This kind of flat fizzling? On the whole, all sounds sound more like the have electronic rather than atmospheric reverb. Is this a limitation of the sound engine?

Balancing:

1. Increase vehicle ammo (especially vehicle autocannon) to a realistic amount! Major fun and realism killer. Vehicles with 20-40mm autocannons are storing at least 200-500+ rounds in real life! Some of them maybe need to be reloaded, but that shouldn't be a problem in Arma! Same with .50 cal ammo. Humvees take at least always 3 cases of ammo with them (3x 200+ rounds). I'm sure it won't disturb the balancing because it's still pretty much limited and vehicle ammo is usually hard to get.

2. Blufor badly needs a counterpart for the BTR Kamysh. Neither the Panther nor the Marshall are able to compete with the Kamysh in any way. Making the Marshall faster and slightly increasing the damage and rate of fire of the 40mm could solve the issue. Otherwise Blufor should get another APC (maybe something like the brand new South Korean K21? ;) )

http://www.forte.jor.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/K-21.jpg

3. Tanks: Slammer should have at least a 7,62mm coaxial gun or better .50 cal to be able to compete with the T-100.

4. Blufor is lacking a counterpart for the Zafir. The 6,5mm are too weak to effectively supress enemies in far-away firefights.

5. patched the second I posted :)

6. Vehicle smoke screen is not densely enough and it takes too long to build up. Vehicle smoke screen in real life:

(watch from 3:20)

1. I agree, I thought this issue would be mitigated by ammo trucks but as of now, they have a ridiculously low amount of ammo so that they're pretty useless.

2. BIS is not going to model a new APC, but there should be a version of the Marshall or Panther with an ATGM launcher, or perhaps a version of the Marshall with a cannon. (Similar to the Stryker MGS, the RL Patria AMV can have 1 105mm cannon or 2 120mm mortars. I believe BIS had a mortar variant but it was probably scrapped for some reason.)

3. I agree, both tanks should have a coaxial 7.62mm (and not 6.5 which is suitable for a man-portable LMG) and a .50cal for the commander.

4. Disagree, we don't need 100% balance between NATO and CSAT such as the exact caliber MGs.

6. Agreed, IRL smoke canisters fired from vehicles burst and not build up slowly.

• Tweaked illumination values on collimator dots, so it is usable in NVGs

Plus, ACO, holosight, HAMR and MRCO sights are now usable at night without NVGs. Before this update they did not glow in the dark and so were useless at night. The ARCO is a little better but the scoped view is still a little dim and the CQB dot is still yellow in the dark.

New bug though - the zoomed reticles of HAMR, ARCO and MRCO are duplicated. There is a dimmer copy of the reticle slightly offset in each corner. With or without NVG.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Plus, ACO, holosight, HAMR and MRCO sights are now usable at night without NVGs. Before this update they did not glow in the dark and so were useless at night. The ARCO is a little better but the scoped view is still a little dim and the CQB dot is still yellow in the dark.

New bug though - the zoomed reticles of HAMR, ARCO and MRCO are duplicated. There is a dimmer copy of the reticle slightly offset in each corner. With or without NVG.

It's the Depth of Field, looks like the reticles are considered as not in focus. You can temporarily fix it by dialing the DOF slider all the way down.

As of tonight's dev branch upload I'm getting full game crashes every time I try to load a saved game. Also I'm finding bushes keep blinking in and out. When they disappear, the sun shines through as if the objects are simply not there. Then they typically reappear within about 1 second.

Honest question: A smooth transition from main scope to the backup sights is possible, instead of the "robotic" insta switch between them?

Little things that add to the whole.

Honest question: A smooth transition from main scope to the backup sights is possible, instead of the "robotic" insta switch between them?

Little things that add to the whole.

Indeed; I have a ticket regarding this exact issue on the tracker.

Edited by Laqueesha