Yes the LODs of most vehicles are very, very bad, even from the first change. On one of the Arty tank's the turret ring disappears at about 150 meters making it looks like it's floating.

Is it just me or do the optics in helicopters not work anymore? When hitting the optics button the normal view just zooms in. Also, what is the left shift doing now, switching you out of your optics view?

Is it just me or do the optics in helicopters not work anymore? When hitting the optics button the normal view just zooms in. Also, what is the left shift doing now, switching you out of your optics view?

I noticed this with Strider (unarmed). When I loaded the mission 2nd time I was unable to reproduce.

Shift lets you run, it's not causing the odd view any longer.

I Just wanted to give a shout out to the dev team for the many improvements seen so far.

The best one of course is that framerates are noticeably better and game is much smoother just about everywhere.

Keep up the good work!

applause.gifbeer.gifapplause.gif

Mortar bags bugged a bit.

BlueFor bags wont assemble.

Indipendant bags do assemble but leave a d-synced bag behind which disappears when you pick it up.

Great new textures on the bag though :)

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Also for me Jets wont move on the ground, its like the friction is set so high they cant move.

When I come in for a landing (after setting the jet to flying) the second you hit the ground you stop dead.

Disabled all mods and verified the game cache.

Mortar bags bugged a bit.

BlueFor bags wont assemble.

Indipendant bags do assemble but leave a d-synced bag behind which disappears when you pick it up.

There's already a ticket for it.

Also for me Jets wont move on the ground, its like the friction is set so high they cant move.

When I come in for a landing (after setting the jet to flying) the second you hit the ground you stop dead.

Can't repro. No problems after landing (landed to the intl airport). Everything was normal.

Cool thanks

------

Yeah so far only one other person has said they are having the same issue, might be time for a fresh install as its the only thing I've not done yet.

Some of the mods might still be affecting the game even though they are disabled.

Cool thanks

------

Yeah so far only one other person has said they are having the same issue, might be time for a fresh install as its the only thing I've not done yet.

Some of the mods might still be affecting the game even though they are disabled.

And this is the official L-159 or community jets?

[/color]Also for me Jets wont move on the ground, its like the friction is set so high they cant move.

I was able to fix this problem by removing mnk_lcs.pbo, the LCS-2 tech demo released as a test, by Mankyle on here, for men/vehicles walking aboard ships. You say you disabled mods though so I don't know of what the problem could be.

binoculars and rangefinders seem to be missing. I can't add them to units, and their missing in my older missions

Edited by daze23

Getting a lot more LOD "pop in" than I was prior to the last couple of releases. Seems that, even though I've not changed it from the 3000 distance/1500 objects it's been since the retail release, objects like houses and vehicles as close as a few hundred virtual feet away are now flickering back and forth between textures.

For me too, several civ cars seem to have problems with LOD flickering, even at relatively close distances (and my object draw-distance is 3000... come to think of it I haven't tested to see whether having a smaller draw distance may free up more resources to render the LODs more correctly)

On another note, I feel a bit cheeky saying this so I'm less inclined to put this into a ticket, but I'm really digging the fact that there are now proper parking bay lines at the airport! Cheers guys! But... could we have them at the government offices too, for example? :p

Also, more of a feature request would be to have lines for some of the football pitches, and the tennis courts in Kavala. :)

The flickering is due to Z-fighting. It's not because of bad LOD or anything to do with textures. The precision of the depth buffer on the GPU just isn't precise enough for these vast distances.

Oh, this is interesting. This flickerering appears only if the viewer is lying.

It's when you have grass/bush/etc. in your FOV the Z-fight gets nasty. To bad it's still an issue since it's the same in A1/A2.

/KC

Got to give credit where credit is due.

Since before the latest dev build, Arma 3 was running terrible on my pc.

With an average fps between 15 to 40.

Now with the latest build, Im getting between mid 40's to mid 60's

Its doesnt drop below 42fps for me.

** This is on editor with me flying around.**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwSeJuQAnQU&feature=youtu.be

Used this guide to tweak my settings,

http://day0.com.au/forum/arma/638-arma-3-performance-tweaks-and-settings-guide

Edited by kaysio

it seems that we can no longer get classnames from fountains (Land_Water_source_F) that are on the map?

i use a nearestobjects script that looks for a "Land_Water_source_F" near a player so he can fill his bottle with water.

if i place a Land_Water_source_F in the editor it works, but if i walk to one of the many fountains in the different towns on the map it no longer works.

reverting to stable branch fixes this.

has anything changed to the Land_Water_source_F statics on the map itself?

also the following items are no longer going to their designated slots or disappear when picked up in stable branch build missions

- gps

- binocular

- rangefinder

Edited by JoSchaap

there was a change in nearestobjects to improve performance. It was reported to be now grabbing less objects within its radius, I expect that your map objects is one of the things it no longer grabs. It your fountains are in the building class, maybe nearestbuilding will find it?

Aside: if you dont need the results of your search to be sorted into distance, you should use consider using nearobjects or nearestobject instead, they are much easier on the CPU.

no dev update today?

It's weekend. I know at least some of the devs are dedicated, but... ;)

no dev update today?

Uhm... Its saturday.. I know there are some people working today (including me) but I guess its weekend for Bohemia. They never released anything on a saturday.

Btw, with the newest Nvidia drivers "Nvidia GeForce/Ion 327.23 WHQL" from yesterday I feel like getting more fps.