Can you please add the right tooltips to the icons in editor streamlined layout mode? Its been like this since alpha, never fixed. Ideally, the icons should have small text bellow.

Just make this a ticket on the feedback tracker to get people's attention.

I agree the performance is better. I can do 360 with little fps drop but no stutter. Before there was stuttering when I did that.

But where's the latest changelog? The patch came over an hour ago.

Googlava

Any news about sky bug?

Never seen it happening and can't reproduce it using your editor settings & graphics settings.

(Click on pic for higher res)

rEzGorBl.jpg

Any more info you could give?

There is already such a command and even a module (SimulationManager) that utilise this command: enableSimulation

That's exactly what I mean, all vehicles should have this on by default when they are idle to save on performance. If someone gets in the vehicle or the vehicle gets hit or bumped, then it should come out of the idle state.

Hi, Danil-ch this bug about a clouds is WIP, thanks for a reprosteps as video, it is good for ours a programmers ;)

Never seen it happening and can't reproduce it using your editor settings & graphics settings.

(Click on pic for higher res)

http://i.imgur.com/rEzGorBl.jpg

Any more info you could give?

You have to start mission with default setting and then change them and start again. For me it 100% reproducible.

Hi, Danil-ch this bug about a clouds is WIP, thanks for a reprosteps as video, it is good for ours a programmers ;)

Happy to help. :)

@ chaoticgood,

when u have the simulation of a vehicle stopped also disables the option to interact with it, how would u enter it if u cant interact with it?...

When can we expect vehicle related fixes? There are some very visible things (broken Marid rearlights, broken Zamak tanker suspension and weird red circles, messed up MLRS textures etc) which have not changed since August.

Speaking of vehicles.. I just noticed that whenever I switch between different positions in a vehicle, I'm forced to 3rd person view. So I turned 3rd off, but instead I'm getting a wierd perspective as if viewing through a camera mounted on the chassi. Has it been like that before?

-edit: It's possible this only applies to armored vehicles, the ones I've experienced this with are: tigris, slammer and kamysh

Edited by Heruon

OK, weird bug since today's update. I was using commandArtilleryFire in a mission, like this

Mortar1 commandArtilleryFire [
				markerpos "MORTARAREA",
				getArtilleryAmmo [Mortar1] select 0,
			];

If the targeted area is inside a trigger with conditions Seized by Independent, Detected by Independent (mortar is AAF), the game crashes. If I move the target marker outside that trigger area, no crash. Also tested with BLUFOR mortar and trigger (Seized by BLUFOR, Detected by BLUFOR), same crash. EDIT: OPFOR too.

Ticket

Also

Yeah, they got rid of that horrid intro part that sounded like music from a 90s Sega console game.
I loved that part :( It had that 90's imagination of the future vibe. +1 infraction points for Ranger for not having the same tastes as I.

I got around to testing the A.I. in battle. I came under fire and my companions actually went for cover and then went prone :)

Dammit, they changed it back!

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Speaking of vehicles.. I just noticed that whenever I switch between different positions in a vehicle, I'm forced to 3rd person view. So I turned 3rd off, but instead I'm getting a wierd perspective as if viewing through a camera mounted on the chassi. Has it been like that before?

Nope, it's a new bug.

As a side note, I still don't understand why it's not possible to name the groups so that the group name is visible in the lobby. IIRC setGroupID worked that way in OFP... Going to check if there's a ticket about this...

Edit: nope, couldn't find: 0014751: Renaming of groups - should be visible in the MP lobby

</offtopic>

Edited by Gekkibi

You have to start mission with default setting and then change them and start again. For me it 100% reproducible.

Happy to help. :)

Finally reproduced. My error was that I was changing my graphics settings after I started the mission the 2nd time.

I get the error if view distance is between or equal of these values (1350 to 1923) before I click preview on the editor.

If I use 1349 and under or 1924 and over there will be no problem.

Tough problem to spot had to restart the mission tenths of time to find these values, they should promote Arma 3 also as a puzzle. :)

Edited by TonyGrunt
Added more steps

Again Better proformance with todays update, same mission, same scene ! GJ BIS !

Regarding Character Clothing

Is there supposed to be a difference between the Protector and the Defender helmets? Different hit values perhaps? Or were they cut, coming later, part of the campaign?

For that matter any of the 'missing' Headgear/uniform models/textures and inventory icons.

From the config:

SF Helmet colours, Beret colours, Shemag textures, Boonie Hat colours, Turbans, Bandanna Masks.

Commoner clothes, Worn clothes, Scavenger clothes, fishing clothes, Clerical robes, Scientist suit.

CSAT Recon and Combat fatigues are the same, also missing their black versions.

Scrolling through VAS and I see so many duplicate entries, it would great just to see this stuff finished or have it tidied up a bit.

I fully understand there are other/bigger priorities however... ;)

Thanks for fixing the Truck. It does handle a bit better now, not perfect but definitely better.

It does still look like its floating though, the shadow does not connect to the tire contact patch.

BIS there is a date when start to work on the vehicles?

Stable or Dev?

Both, just switched to Dev before posting... Minor improvement to dev, but still a pain.

Also think i found something odd, those new outpost towers, the big ones, I can run a lovely 40fps running around the tower, but the moment I get on the stairs, or right to the top, fps drops to below 20fps, inside the outpost its fine again, and when crouching at the top (not viewing the landscape it's smooth again... So I figure it had to do with my view distcance which I never had this problem, but if for example I stand on a hill or hover with a heli right next to the outpost, same settings, no lag, as soon as I set foot on the stairs of the outpost, heavy lag when looking out in the distance??? Can anyone confirm this?

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

That is a vicious circle indeed. Frustrating tweaking hell.

The solution is simple. Don't tweak, find one combination that works rather well and stick with it.

The view distance and object distance is usually enough tweaking after that.

Running Arma 3 comfortably 60fps with ultra ...you shouldn't use word "even" :D

Running Arma 3 with rather big fights (not huge battles) and very high/ultra settings and reasonable view distance, 30 fps is comfortable.

Constant 60fps would be a dream, not likely to happen.

I know this, and as I said, I know it's futile, but for some reason, it annoys me! Best progress I have made is disabling my FPS counter, so essentially what I dont see wont hurt me... But there are times you just really notice that spike, and it sometimes causes my death because it is at that critical moment or shot... I would have been fine if ARMA3 looked like ARMA 2, or even ARMA 1 really, as long as they addressed all the major performance issues before deciding to push it further requiring even more power... I sincerely hope they keep working on this... I will start playing again after all SP episodes are released, hopefully by that time it is complete and optimized, will still test a few dev updates when I read anything of interest in the change log.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Noticed some LOD issues with vehicles. Are those dev build related or also in stable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS87gmkrf0w

There are loads of these, have you seen the parachutes LOD??? Very distracting isnt it lol