Perhaps it gives the possibility of clouds casting shadows. Per-pixel is also used in deferred shading... :cool:

Per-pixel lighting is used almost everywhere in the game already. Don't get too excited.

Perhaps it gives the possibility of clouds casting shadows. Per-pixel is also used in deferred shading... :cool:

Perhaps even Godrays? ;)

Perhaps even Godrays? ;)

All those things both of you mentioned have nothing to do with per pixel shading.

All those things both of you mentioned have nothing to do with per pixel shading.

Real time dynamic shadows then. Or better driving. Or better medical system? Perhaps a submarine?

;)

Real time dynamic shadows then. Or better driving. Or better medical system? Perhaps a submarine?

;)

It fixes the server browser and Dwarden gets a raise.

Will we have to discuss all development branch aspects inside this mega thread? Because mega threads basically are the same as a garbage bin or a stack, because you will not be aware of most of its content.

I have no idea what vodoo is responsible but the last two builds have dramatically increased FPS and completely removed the loading-lag like stutter on central and eastern Altis for me.

On stable I had to drop object detail to standard or even low sometimes to fight the stutter specifically - now back on very high at a stable 40 fps whilst traversing at 200 km/h +.

Whatever you did - it worked.

A huge and well deserved thank you :yay:

"Player tank driver can turn out, while commander is turned in"

YES! ALL IN CAPS!

BIS, thank you! You just gave me something I have waited since OFP days!

(I hope this still works in multiplayer as well)

The clouds are messed up in the latest dev build. Could be related to the per-pixel-lighting change?

That also happens in previous build.

Will we have to discuss all development branch aspects inside this mega thread? Because mega threads basically are the same as a garbage bin, because you will not be aware of most of its content.

If some dev-branch related topic is important enough to merit having its own thread, there's no reason why it shouldn't be created.

EDIT: Although to be clear, this only goes for actual dev branch changes, not for wishful thinking or "please look at my ticket" posts.

Edited by MadDogX

The main thing done to optimize Altis performance was to drastically reduce the amount of objects that are simulated as full entities (e.g. fences, low walls, coral reefs, etc.). The upside is that especially in scenarios with lots of AI - it can help quite a bit to reduce the memory footprint. The downside is for scripters wishing to retrieve object references to such objects - that is no longer possible. Objects that require user interaction (e.g. doors on buildings) or simulation elements (e.g. animated windmills) are still full entities.

Does that it means more difficult for scripters for eg to script AI to take cover behind walls or to rest weapon on said walls?

"Player tank driver can turn out, while commander is turned in"

YES! ALL IN CAPS!

BIS, thank you! You just gave me something I have waited since OFP days!

(I hope this still works in multiplayer as well)

Well, I assume the driver for the Slammer still can't turn out.

The main thing done to optimize Altis performance was to drastically reduce the amount of objects that are simulated as full entities (e.g. fences, low walls, coral reefs, etc.). The upside is that especially in scenarios with lots of AI - it can help quite a bit to reduce the memory footprint. The downside is for scripters wishing to retrieve object references to such objects - that is no longer possible. Objects that require user interaction (e.g. doors on buildings) or simulation elements (e.g. animated windmills) are still full entities.

Speaking of objects and memory issues, there is a pretty drastic FPS drop in large towns when you are commanding AI. Does anyone else get this? Put yourself in the middle of Kavala with an AI subordinate, and press your commanding key or select the AI as if to issue a move order. FPS drops sharply. I guess this is to do with the sheer number of interactive doors and cover points and such, so maybe there isn't much that can be done about it, aside from getting a faster processor.

I see a big improvement in editor fps, having 12K for VD & OD and having 10-20FPS in Altis where before I would have below 1.

Also the "count (position player nearobjects x)" command would take minutes if ever to complete for above 10000 will count 18739 objects after some seconds for 40000.

It fixes the server browser and Dwarden gets a raise.

x2 both :p

Does that it means more difficult for scripters for eg to script AI to take cover behind walls or to rest weapon on said walls?

VTS resting appears unaffected, AI mods like TPW, I'm not able to test.

Well, I assume the driver for the Slammer still can't turn out.

thats a tank design issue.

one soultion is *hint hint* to give the AFV's with multipile periscopes more then 1 veiwport. theirs a ARMA 2 mod that has this for the bradelys where you can look around while turned in and look out though several ports. theirs still no internal veiw, as apart from the windows its black, but you can see more the 20 degrees ahead

see this for an example of what i mean, they have 5 periscopes for looking out, and several ingame AFV's have several ports as well

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Pi110904a1.jpg

it could be smooth

or like this

Edited by nimrod123

i made a ticket for the mirrord flags on NATO uniforms because i can't look at them anymore:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14696

o/

It's supposed to be like that, flag never retreats. Look up pics of US soldiers, almost every single one has reversed flag on his right shoulder...

EDIT: Ninja'd...

I have no idea what vodoo is responsible but the last two builds have dramatically increased FPS and completely removed the loading-lag like stutter on central and eastern Altis for me.

On stable I had to drop object detail to standard or even low sometimes to fight the stutter specifically - now back on very high at a stable 40 fps whilst traversing at 200 km/h +.

Whatever you did - it worked.

A huge and well deserved thank you :yay:

same here.