left shift while aming in optic mode, gives a strange view, that wasn´t there before.

i use left shift to hold breath, in last dev-version that never happen.

please devs switch it back like it was before, this view is absolutly not usable !!

I'm noticing this as well, when I press left shift to stabilize my aim with a non-magnified sight it cancels the aiming down the sights view altogether.

Pressing left shift while looking through a magnified scope seems to lock the cross-hair in place but my shots will still deviate wildly.

looks like civ damage is severely screwed up today (was fine up until this dev update). no matter where you shoot civ unit, damage handler is returning "leg" shoot and its an instant kill no matter where unit is shoot. all other units (east west ind) seem to be fine.

Reticle materials for 3D scopes now glow in the dark

Uhm, which ones ? I tried them, and there is nothing glowing there. 3d scopes are "useless" at night since you don't seen any reticule illumination.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

By the way, is is a known issue that the Stomper RCWS automatically starts the eingine ? Probably due to the turret needing a running engine for power. Is that even required ? Tanks usually have that because the turret is massive compared to the small thing on top of the stomper...

By the way, is is a known issue that the Stomper RCWS automatically starts the eingine ? Probably due to the turret needing a running engine for power. Is that even required ? Tanks usually have that because the turret is massive compared to the small thing on top of the stomper...

The main engine don't have to be running in tanks. I don't know why BIS makes it that the engine automatically turns on when the turret is turned. Oh well, ACE will fix this (assuming there's going to be ACE 3 in the first place)

The main engine don't have to be running in tanks. I don't know why BIS makes it that the engine automatically turns on when the turret is turned. Oh well, ACE will fix this (assuming there's going to be ACE 3 in the first place)

I think it is true for some tanks that draw electrical power from the engine. Not for all, and most definitely, it should not be necessary to turn the small MG/GMG turret

The reticule seem to be directly affected (and only affected) by the Sun/Moon. Thus if there is none in the sky (i.e. setting time to 2am on the default editor dates) the reticules appear as black. The day->Night -> Day transition times (e.g. sunrise/sunset) also changes the colour of the reticule to a yellow colour.

Also noticed that Altis performance seems to be better. Especially teleporting from one location to another one no longer takes several seconds of black screen. Well done!

The reticule seem to be directly affected (and only affected) by the Sun/Moon. Thus if there is none in the sky (i.e. setting time to 2am on the default editor dates) the reticules appear as black. The day->Night -> Day transition times (e.g. sunrise/sunset) also changes the colour of the reticule to a yellow colour.

Could this be the case with jet HUD as well? Can't see s*** during default date settings when it's night...

Could this be the case with jet HUD as well? Can't see s*** during default date settings when it's night...

I do believe (having just tested) this is the case.

I'm noticing this as well, when I press left shift to stabilize my aim with a non-magnified sight it cancels the aiming down the sights view altogether.

Pressing left shift while looking through a magnified scope seems to lock the cross-hair in place but my shots will still deviate wildly.

I also came to this thread to see if anyone was talking about this. Not sure what shift is supposed to be doing in addition to holding breath now...

It seems like it now stabilizes the aim, except that the bullets go where they would if you weren't holding shift at all, paying no attention to where your gun is aimed.

Should we make a ticket? Or do you guys already know about this?

Uhm, which ones ? I tried them, and there is nothing glowing there. 3d scopes are "useless" at night since you don't seen any reticule illumination.

The RCO chevron is now more visible at night more under light, the marks aren't but are they suppose to be?

The RCO chevron is now more visible at night more under light, the marks aren't but are they suppose to be?

Usually, it's only the chevron that's illuminated. I have tested the RCO as well, though, and didn't notice anything. None of the scopes had any illuminated parts...

Currently the scopes are reflective and not illuminated. Which means they are bright only during daylight or for the split second when the muzzle flash illuminates it.

Currently the scopes are reflective and not illuminated. Which means they are bright only during daylight or for the split second when the muzzle flash illuminates it.

But the latest dev build changelog claimed they are not, but glowing in the dark.

But the latest dev build changelog claimed they are not, but glowing in the dark.

Upon closer inspection they are glowing indeed. But their brightness apparently adjusts based on ambient light. Which means on a dark, cloudy night they are practically invisible.

• Skybox lighting is now done per pixel

What does this mean?

I'm aware of the difference between per-pixel and per-vertex lighting, but how does this apply to the skybox? :confused:

Skybox lighting is now done per pixel

Anyone care to explain what this does in practice?

Anyone care to explain what this does in practice?

Perhaps it gives the possibility of clouds casting shadows. Per-pixel is also used in deferred shading... :cool:

Tried this but could not repro. December 6th 2035, 7:50, 48 on overcast (start and forecasted). Am I missing anything?

What are your game settings, for example cloud detail?

Video that shows the problem.