How does that work?

Wondering what the stabilization even means because it's still the same as before so pretty impossible to lase any targets with greyhawk.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Use the turret control to aim on a target and stop moving your mouse. Now you will see what stabilizing means.

If you do not move your view while in a UAVs turret, the crosshair will lock onto the ground. However, with the speed and turning angle of the UAV (for example when using the loiter waypoint) one must be very lucky to get the pointer on target, because there is a short delay before it locks. Often it ends up several meters if not hundreds of meters besides the target. The usability is very limited unless the UAVs can be set to slower speeds and custom loiter WP diameters.

There is also still the very annoying camera jitter when fully zoomed in.

Edited by bonham

Sweet, BLUFOR paratroopers!

They were on the Dev Branch before the release.

Use the turret control to aim on a target and stop moving your mouse. Now you will see what stabilizing means.

When I stabilize the camera moves somewhere else and stabilizes there so it's impossible stabilize when the greyhawk is turning/moving. There was no change for this. That stabilizating has been there since the UAVs came. The "turret" moves even if you had stabilized it because the AI doesn't move enough stable. The laze goes 20m off very easily.

i just found out, why its such a strange feeling to steer the cars !!

the Proxy-positions of the driver in cars are shifted to the right.

you sit slightly right behind the steering-wheel, and it feels

/is so wrong not sitting behind the middle of the it.

http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/10.09.13/szgsq1pubacb.jpg

http://www7.pic-upload.de/thumb/10.09.13/x2ta3es13g.jpg

ticket:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14259

quated myself. so it didn´t get lost.

Some ideas...

- Thanks for the ground stabilize for uav's. It could be better though. How about locking to ground with tap so you can get a precise lock, and then keep the view locked until tap is pressed again, no matter what maneuver the uav drone does. I think you should increase the angles the uav turret cam can move also.

- How about making it possible to use the action menus, like call support (e.g. calling for laser guided artillery), while in uav turret view?

If you do not move your view while in a UAVs turret, the crosshair will lock onto the ground. However, with the speed and turning angle of the UAV (for example when using the loiter waypoint) one must be very lucky to get the pointer on target, because there is a short delay before it locks. Often it ends up several meters if not hundreds of meters besides the target. The usability is very limited unless the UAVs can be set to slower speeds and custom loiter WP diameters.

There is also still the very annoying camera jitter when fully zoomed in.

Pits a start at least.

Today's bug's I found, something to do with the Texture setting.

You notice with the Dev our ammo box issue is back?

Glad I love the VAS system then... :)

I'm sure more fixes will come tomorrow.

auto-hell scrolling is back...

Glad I love the VAS system then... :)

I'm sure more fixes will come tomorrow.

yes but it was fixed because they had broken it after the stable dev they chose for the release :)

Remember what the devs said on the eve of the release... Dev branch has weeks of tweaks and improvements coming, but things will be broken and need fixing as they merge them into the dev branch. I just hope the vehicles get heavier as we go along.

Edited by tedbell

How is the camera on the drone right now?

Not as good as I expected. I had true problems with it, especially if the drone is flying to the same direction I'm aiming at, or if the drone turns (it tends to do pretty steep turns, and that's not suitable for this purpose. 10 degree bank would be better).