I posted this in the wrong forum i asked it to be moved to dev branch to see if it was just an issue with my gfx or others have experienced this also, before i made a ticket for it.

Thread merged into dev branch discussion.

Man, I don't know what happened between last Friday and today, but my performance is absolutely terrible. I went from mid-40s to 15-16 fps in a single player mission I made last week. Just abysmal. I also noticed (and put in a ticket) that artillery explosions were inaudible, and that damned Camp Maxwell option is still there (rather than revert), so I can't even switch to another team member to complete a mission. I've tried to be optimistic (look at my post history!!) but it seems we're going backwards here! :(

I had this problem, run your mouse over "camp maxwell" hold the tab key and left click, you will go to team/group select.

You are correct you can't make them playable (cloned groups) in the editor but you can make them playable when constructing your mission. The editor only gives you the mission.sqf

Actually, the mission is stored in mission.sqm, and that's also the place where it stores whether you can control a unit, or th eunix is a player. So basically, what you said above does not make sense.

Don't thank me yet - I'm not so sure it belongs in this thread. (Unless it's a new problem that was introduced in the dev build. Is it?)

Also, as gammadust pointed out, the effect you're seeing isn't completely unexpected, since the engine must lower some LODs to maintain scene complexity when you increase the view+object draw distance.

This is the first time i have noticed this to be honest, but it just doesn't seem right that this should happen. After 849 hours of play in this game and probably 800 of them in the editor i may be becoming a little OCD about things lol

This is the first time i have noticed this to be honest, but it just doesn't seem right that this should happen. After 849 hours of play in this game and probably 800 of them in the editor i may be becoming a little OCD about things lol

another reason why the editor should be improved.... so we can spend less time in the editor and more time playing as mine is also like this

the gtx650 ti gfx card suffers also from 1gb so to storage all the distant textures and so on i can imagine the game reduces texture quality of near objects to compensate this. was seeing the same prob on my gtx560ti 448 cores with 1280mb, but not on a hd6970(2gb) or the hd7970(3gb).

terrain quality is set automatic from ultra to veryhigh for example too if you extend a specific view distance like it does in other arma games.

i tend to say this is a feature to not excessive use main ram for textures and kill fps with this move to 5-7.

try to monitor the gfx card memory with msi afterburner or gpu-z.

So the choppers don't drop from AA anymore :P.. like.. never ^^. Well, some randomization would be a bit useful, that from some angles the main rotor might be completely destroyed ;). Anyway thx :)

*Improved: Helicopter drops as stone when AA hits it

Glad to see this, so what happens now when helis are hit by AA?

Glad to see this, so what happens now when helis are hit by AA?

this>

It has been changed so that now a helicopter falls down like a stone only when its rotor-blades collide with an object.

You should be now able to auto-rotate in almost any case when you get hit by an AA.

(Dev build atm)

EDIT:

It's nice except that I'm still getting lethal explosive touchdowns with blackfoot and mi48.

Also I get auto rotation even when the rotor blades have been blown off. The video below shows what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NABBa4V_V8w

Edited by Bakerman

Has something changed with triple buffering and vsync with the latest dev release? The last few releases were working beautifully with triple buffering enabled in the arma3.cfg and vsync enabled via config, giving tearing free display at any fps. With the latest release things seem to have gone back to the old fashioned vsync where the frame rate halves if the fps fall below the monitor refresh rate.

Has something changed with triple buffering and vsync with the latest dev release? The last few releases were working beautifully with triple buffering enabled in the arma3.cfg and vsync enabled via config, giving tearing free display at any fps. With the latest release things seem to have gone back to the old fashioned vsync where the frame rate halves if the fps fall below the monitor refresh rate.

Just tested mine and it's working fine, 44 fps with Vsync enabled. Check your ArmA3.cfg to make sure the value wasn't changed maybe?

Alt-Tab and back to game always fixes this issue.

Just tested mine and it's working fine, 44 fps with Vsync enabled. Check your ArmA3.cfg to make sure the value wasn't changed maybe?

Hmm, very strange. I turned FSAA from 8X to off and the triple buffering/vsync worked again. Turned it back up to 8X and it kept working.

Hmm i have a new one, when changing from the editor back into main menu and from there into Play-Multiplayer games freezes. Mouse stays active, it loads a couple of the servers that are online but the game itself doesnt respond anymore. Only way out is to go over the task manager and shut manually. Happens every other try.

Very pleased with the fix for helicopters and AA but there are issues were the blades disapear but it still autorotates and when the helicopter rolls onto its side on the ground it explodes for some reason.

Weapons are underpowered. Ballistic penetration is definitely not correct. Seen it myself and others as well.

5.56 can't penetrate tin walls?

For reference:

In fact, there is a rather huge backlog of updates queued up behind our project's release data lock. Once this lock is relaxed on the 12th, our team is free to publish to Steam devbranch and you'll likely see many, many tweaks and fixes immediately. We'd recommend those on low bandwidth connections to stay clear of devbranch for the first few days as the updates can easily reach gigabyte territory.

hmmm... So what now, stay on the game "with everybody" or stay with the "better game"? Hmmm...

Weapons are underpowered. Ballistic penetration is definitely not correct. Seen it myself and others as well.

5.56 can't penetrate tin walls?

For reference:

Those test are obsolete already.... 5.56 can penetrate the tin wall/metal shack perfectly. You can try it yourself

It penetrates but does virtually no damage to a guy standing on the other side. Same goes for 6.5.

Actually, the mission is stored in mission.sqm, and that's also the place where it stores whether you can control a unit, or th eunix is a player. So basically, what you said above does not make sense.

I knew someone would correct my type o. Thanks!

The mission.sqm stores the class names thats it. You can't make a mission worth playing with just the mission.sqm.

There is more to mission making then simply placing objects on the map was my point.

and for making things playable:

the editor has almost every thing one could need if you look.

"BIS_fnc_initPlayable.sqf

_code = [_this,0,{},[{}]] call bis_fnc_param;

_codeVar = "BIS_fnc_initPlayable_code" + str (["BIS_fnc_initPlayable_code",1] call bis_fnc_counter);

//--- Execute on JIPped

_exec = compile format [

"

_unit = _this select 0;

if !(_unit getvariable ['%1',false]) then {

_function = missionnamespace getvariable ['%1',{}];

[_unit] spawn _function;

_unit setvariable ['%1',true,true];

};

",

_codeVar

];

missionnamespace setvariable [_codeVar,_code];

_exec call bis_fnc_onPlayerConnected;

//--- Execute on existing

{

[_x] spawn _exec;

} foreach (playableunits + switchableunits);

The change to the helicopters are nice but I still wonder why they NEVER explode on a missile hit? I saw several videos of helicopters hit by an AA missile and sometimes they explode, sometimes they get down without exploding so maybe they should explode if the missile hit the fuel tank or ammunition?

Edit:

Why is in the FIA supply box a PCML launcher while the FIA AT rifleman is using a RPG?

Edited by Bobylein