Well having lived and born in the Mediterranean coast, I only used shorts when I was a kid ( not even in my School was allowed to wear them, even if we were at 45C ).

And flip-flops only to go to the beach.

O RLY? I also live on the Mediterranean cost and there are lots of people wearing shorts and T-shirts during the summer. Have a look: http://www.gkl-split.hr/files/galleries/GKL_Split_transparent2.jpg

http://www.najboljeuhrvatskoj.info/universalis/2703/slika/3710967897_b3f358ee1c_z1_1955859951.jpg

http://www.croatia-expert.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Split-Marmontova.JPG

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/356/d/2/marmontova_by_mariellaphoto-d5osfyu.jpg

Some people don't even bother putting on a T-shirt: http://www.smokvina.hr/var/storage/articles/10044/marmontova.jpg

Although, there should be some civs with winter clothes in the game.

But could be internal tourism or Altis villagers on holidays. I think that's what the devs were trying to represent ( this with the umbrellas in the beaches and so on ).

Have you ever been to Ibiza? How many spanish tourists are there? Thousands! ( I cite this cuz its one of the most known turistic places in the Mediterranean places ).

So why are they speaking english then, because this is the whole reason you wrote them off as being tourists in the first place.

I found that the civilians still speaks English, unlike the FIA or AAF that speaks Altian English
Aren't most of them tourists? at least judgin by their clothes.

There is no point discussing this stuff with you because you blindly defend every thing that isn't right with the game and have some excuse for it, in your eyes BI can do no wrong, well whatever makes you happy.

Edited by clydefrog

O RLY? I also live on the Mediterranean cost and there are lots of people wearing shorts and T-shirts during the summer.

They look mostly tourist to me, or on holidays ( icecreams, and so on). And without shirt I have seen only tourists or people coming from the beach.

Could you show me photos from the typical civilians: Croatian farmers, fishermen, office and factory workers ( I deduce you are from there ) in summer?

Greeks are normal people that dress just like any other humans in hot places :) There are normal pants with shirts and jackets available in the game that can be reskinned to other variants.

Let's not get this thread derailed with such marginal details. If you wish to request special clothing items, please do so in the addon request or wishlist thread. Thank you! :)

Anyways, as I said the game needs more faces. Arma 2 has over 140 faces, Arma 3 has about 30 - 40 and the fact there are only 3 persian faces in cfgFaces, and even 1 of them is a copy of another one with a beard stuck on is not good at all.

Edited by clydefrog

The function is in the editor. Or do you mean creating it using a Graphic User Interface like the modules?

Affirmative you can grab the weapon and use it (although it comes without ammo).

http://s7.postimg.org/s3i53fdff/2013_09_08_00003.jpg

If the table is knocked over will the rifle fall on the ground or will it be glued to the table? I was making a mission where one of the shops had a bomb go off in it and the shelves and tin cans would all come flying out the window across the street. But getting the tin cans and such onto the shelves was a right ball ache. How would you line multiple items like cans up on a shelf using this method?

I had a game crash multiple times in Multiplayer yesterday.

Also, once, I had artifact invasion, the only thing that helped was restarting the game. Screenshot

Crashes occured on Blue1 Server - Dedicated Teetime Warfare, mostly when I died. Game freezes, when i Ctrl+Alt+Del it shows a popup that application stopped working.

I can send RPTs on PM

RPT part:

Version 0.77.109860
Fault time: 2013/09/08 02:44:06
Fault address:  69065516 01:001E4516 C:\Windows\system32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll
file:     TTWF80pBlue1v82 (__CUR_MP)
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: DB 79 0D 8B 16 6A 01 8B CE FF 52 14 8B C3 EB 04
Fault code bytes: 89 37 33 C0 5B 5E 5F 5D C2 08 00 CC CC CC CC CC

Registers:
EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000
ECX:000000C8 EDX:1AF7D7A7
ESI:1B229A30 EDI:0000000A
CS:EIP:0023:69065516
SS:ESP:002B:01DCCC4C  EBP:01DCCC58
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010246

If it´s cold you wear the appropriate clothing. If it´s breaking heat records you won´t see people causally walking around in jeans and a thick sweater. Nobody is immune to heat.

You could have told that to the bosses from my former jobs and teachers in the schools, academies and universities that I attended where it was completely forbidden to wear shorts or flip-flops even if we were at 45C ( and its not an exaggeration, 40-45C are quite feasible in the hotter days in summer ). Its about code dressing and tradition.

Imagine my situation, I even feel now that I'm in Finland, that in summer is too hot for me.. ( and it is supposed to be one of the coldest countries on earth ).

Okay, I admit it, you beat me.

My intention was not to beat you, just to point a reality ( maybe with too much passion ).

But I think we should take PurePassion advice :)

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography

Damn i wish BIS worked on weekends. I really wanted to see some dev changes today and yesterday :(

Damn i wish BIS worked on weekends. I really wanted to see some dev changes today and yesterday :(

They voluntarily do. Quite often actually :icon_twisted:

i dont really care about the language they are speaking or how they are dressed.

i care more about:

-FOV in jets are way to high, you can´t even see the HUD!

-FOV in fast driving cars are also way to high on high speeds!

reduse these FOV , or delete them from the config. its really horrible

hope its fixed till release!

also the proxies behind the steeringwheel is slightly right, not direkt in the middle of the steeringwheel.

it just feels strange, anybody also have this ?

They voluntarily do. Quite often actually :icon_twisted:

Workholics! ( and then people call them lazy )

Why the hell is this called "Guerrilla smocks 1"? http://i.imgur.com/eMw7k74.jpg It should be worn by civilians.

Hahaha should be called BI fanboy. Btw, I love the clothes, and I agree with you that should be in civilian.

The FIA autorifleman is also wearing civilian clothes (blue polo shirt with tan trousers), but this isn't even an item as far as I can see. There isn't actually a uniform item in his clothing slot, so it must be part of the model. Things like this will surely be fixed, if not on release then later.

Personally I think it's fine for some of the FIA to be wearing civilian gear, but civilians definitely need more variation, not only in their clothes but in weaponry. The plain tan Mk20 is useful as a civilian version, but I would really like to see some older or more low-tech weapons for civilians, in particular some sort of hunting rifle. Even just the hunting rifle from Arma 2.

I hope there will be more cool music tracks coming for full release or old OFP/ArmA1/2/OA-tracks available in A3. Would offer nice extra for long mission background music without needing separate heavy music folders. :)

Made a ticket for it to vote:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14199

Else game is working nice, only getting some heavy FPS drop when there is action in villages or especially when there is those small green military container-houses nearby.

Why the hell is this called "Guerrilla smocks 1"? http://i.imgur.com/eMw7k74.jpg It should be worn by civilians.

yep, would add more variety to the civilian population. give the guerrilla smock user something that actually looks like a smock. i've seen many instances of weird clothing choices, like scientists and criminals wearing helicopter jumpsuits. i'm hoping it's some kind of placeholder, but the quality of that clothing is pretty high.

also, is it just me or is day z clothing much higher quality than arma 3 clothing? their pants actually look like pants, not a formless sack(talking about the pants of the iranians)

is it just me or is day z clothing much higher quality than arma 3 clothing? their pants actually look like pants, not a formless sack(talking about the pants of the iranians)

DayZ clothing definitely seems more detailed, yeah.

But could be internal tourism or Altis villagers on holidays. I think that's what the devs were trying to represent ( this with the umbrellas in the beaches and so on ).

Have you ever been to Ibiza? How many spanish tourists are there? Thousands! ( I cite this cuz its one of the most known turistic places in the Mediterranean places ).

Why if not, there would be groups from Africa, Europe and Asia besides the Greeks, and all with the same clothes? And why so,e of them are surfers?

As far as I know about the story, the war breaks as a surprise.

The war does not break as a surprise. The war is over when you start the game. These aren't tourists. They are the civilians on the island. If you say that Greeks wouldn't wear that clothing, then BIS clothed them wrong. If they were tourists, then it'd clearly say "Tourist" in the editor. The Africans, Europeans, and Asians sure, are tourists, maybe. But you're not going to have all tourists and no native civilians... So, either way, some of them have to be residents.

yep, would add more variety to the civilian population. give the guerrilla smock user something that actually looks like a smock. i've seen many instances of weird clothing choices, like scientists and criminals wearing helicopter jumpsuits. i'm hoping it's some kind of placeholder, but the quality of that clothing is pretty high.

Actually, there are only the "Guerrilla smocks 1", there isn't a number 2 or 3 or 4 etc. I think the model and textures for the smocks are random.

-FOV in jets are way to high, you can´t even see the HUD!

-FOV in fast driving cars are also way to high on high speeds!

I'd rather they make the zoom buttons (+/-) incremental, instead of the may it works now. As it is now it's not even possible to toggle zoom in and out by double tapping those keys.

DayZ clothing definitely seems more detailed, yeah.

1000000 player game will always he better. ;)

Im really sad after seeing the latest dev blog from DayZ.... Why A3 doesnt have the same character and weapon customization? Even the medical system looks much better. I thought Arma was the more realistic game of these two...

Im really sad after seeing the latest dev blog from DayZ.... Why A3 doesnt have the same character and weapon customization? Even the medical system looks much better. I thought Arma was the more realistic game of these two...

You already got the answer:

1000000 player game will always he better. ;)

Dayz is what made A2 sell tons of copies.

well to be fair DayZ is more of a civilian and survival centric game. you have to put together your own outfit, weapon, gear, etc. Arma is more about soldiers with set uniforms and assigned weapons, with civilians basically being a backdrop