We need just relax a little and see what happens. There are only a few days left.

well I think it's gonna be more than a "few days" before we see the first part of the campaign

the curious thing is why did this happen two days after the FIA was released into the dev branch. was this decision made in those two days?

Spent an hour playing a small editor mission I made for myself today.

I made some enemy sentry patrols outside a town with waypoints all over the place then made a recon, three recon teams, a backup rifle squad, a Marshall, a sniper team and a UAV team and then I snuck into the town with the recon and used the UAV to locate and take down enemies and then when a bigger squad of enemies approached I moved in with the rifle squad and Marshall and then spent a while cleaning up scattered survivors.

I really wish I could make missions easier though. It takes forever to set up the player team, make every guy playable, set up lots and lots of enemies, then make waypoints for each group and they still act miserably dumb and either walk or just stand there instead of ever acting intelligently.

It takes forever to set up the player team, make every guy playable, set up lots and lots of enemies, then make waypoints for each group and they still act miserably dumb and either walk or just stand there instead of ever acting intelligently.

Just wait until you decide to place objects on tables or shelves....

Just wait until you decide to place objects on tables or shelves....

this allowSimulation false;

Hope to see chopper physics tweaked, currently if AI units (cargo) bail out of, especially, orca, littlebird or the green transport chopper. The chopper stops instantly and drops like rock to the ground. Only kajman seem to work correctly or fail much less likely.

Also noticed that if you get in HC commanded e.g. panther (probably much other vehicles too) and try to give waypoint for it on map. It creates the visible waypoint on map, but there suddently constantly move orders given by AI commander and the AI vehicle dosent move anywhere until player have jumped off. Only resistance offroad with MG, havent had that bug yet.

Helos, in general, are back to shit handling again?

this allowSimulation false;

I would like to detract my statement. It seems Bohemia Interactive, specifically Mr. Jiri Wainar has provided us with a function that actually helps with this.

2013_09_08_00001.jpg

Apologies to the team.

By the way, courtesy of kylania, in case you like creating scenarios and want to place a weapon on a table:

this enableSimulation false; obj = [[this,"TOP"],"groundWeaponHolder",1,[(random 0.2)-0.1,(random 0.2)-0.1,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects; obj select 0 addWeaponCargoGlobal ["arifle_MXC_F", 1];

Just replace arifle_MXC_F with the classname of the weapon you wish to spawn.

If you want to place objects classed as vehicles here's an example:

_objects = [[this,"TOP"],"Box_NATO_Wps_F",1,[(random 0.2)-0.1,(random 0.2)-0.1,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects

Again change Box_NATO_Wps_F to the classname of the object you want to spawn.

More information can be found in the function viewer.

Once more apologies.

I would like to detract my statement. It seems Bohemia Interactive, specifically Mr. Jiri Wainar has provided us with a function that actually helps with this.

http://s22.postimg.org/ao8ciqlxd/2013_09_08_00001.jpg

Apologies to the team.

By the way, courtesy of kylania, in case you like creating scenarios and want to place a weapon on a table:

this enableSimulation false; obj = [[this,"TOP"],"groundWeaponHolder",1,[(random 0.2)-0.1,(random 0.2)-0.1,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects; obj select 0 addWeaponCargoGlobal ["arifle_MXC_F", 1];

Just replace arifle_MXC_F with the classname of the weapon you wish to spawn.

If you want to place objects classed as vehicles here's an example:

_objects = [[this,"TOP"],"Box_NATO_Wps_F",1,[(random 0.2)-0.1,(random 0.2)-0.1,0],(random 20)-10] call BIS_fnc_spawnObjects

Again change Box_NATO_Wps_F to the classname of the object you want to spawn.

More information can be found in the function viewer.

Once more apologies.

Awesome! We just need this to be a function in the editor! Is the weapon usable though?

The function is in the editor. Or do you mean creating it using a Graphic User Interface like the modules?

Affirmative you can grab the weapon and use it (although it comes without ammo).

2013_09_08_00003.jpg

Edited by HKFlash

Something that I found today.

(somebody might know it already though :) )

More guerillas to come. I was looking through the "character.pbo's" and I noticed more guerillas and/or clothes that have not been used yet. I think that is why the FIA was switched to Blufor. I think they didn't want 2 guerillas on the Greenfor side. That way they can fight each other?

More guerillas to come. I was looking through the "character.pbo's" and I noticed more guerillas and/or clothes that have not been used yet. I think that is why the FIA was switched to Blufor. I think they didn't want 2 guerillas on the Greenfor side. That way they can fight each other?

If they are coming, they're coming post release.

Also, congrats on the 100th post! ;)

does anyone know if they are gonna fix the jet pilot helmet? NVGS clip terribly with it. i looked in the configs and i see a separate .p3d for the visor, but i do not see away to remove or hide the visor currently on the helmet itself. if the visor was removes from the helmet, then the stand alone visor could be used as a NV device. when in use the visor would be down, and when not it would be up and out of the way. like the NVGs do now. any ideas or suggestions?

I found that the civilians still speaks English, unlike the FIA or AAF that speaks Altian English

Aren't most of them tourists? at least judgin by their clothes.

Aren't most of them tourists? at least judgin by their clothes.

So, native Greeks don't wear clothes like that?

God, the civilians are not tourists, they are the people who live on the island. They use the greek faces, stop trying to defend everything that's wrong with it.

By the way speaking of the faces, I see there is still only a small selection of faces in the cfgFaces, I hope this is temporary as that's yet another area where this game is lacking.

There are only 3 different persian faces, and 2 of them are the same except one has a beard!

Edited by clydefrog

God, the civilians are not tourists, they are the people who live on the island.

Yeah, they really look like farmers, office workers, factory workers and so on... ( neither of those, for practical reasons wear shorts and flip-flops ).

Well having lived and born in the Mediterranean coast, I only used shorts when I was a kid ( not even in my School was allowed to wear them, even if we were at 45C ).

And flip-flops only to go to the beach.

Yeah, they really look like farmers, office workers, factory workers and so on... ( neither of those, for practical reasons wear shorts and flip-flops ).

Well having lived and born in the Mediterranean coast, I only used shorts when I was a kid ( not even in my School was allowed to wear them, even if we were at 45C ).

And flip-flops only to go to the beach.

read my edit, they are greek civilians, they are not tourists, maybe instead of defending them as being tourists you should be telling BIS that they have not clothed their civilians authentically.

People really think that "tourists" will be on Altis amid all the war that is going on? :rolleyes:

read my edit, they are greek civilians, they are not tourists, maybe instead of defending them as being tourists you should be telling BIS that they have not clothed their civilians authentically.

But could be internal tourism or Altis villagers on holidays. I think that's what the devs were trying to represent ( this with the umbrellas in the beaches and so on ).

Have you ever been to Ibiza? How many spanish tourists are there? Thousands! ( I cite this cuz its one of the most known turistic places in the Mediterranean places ).

Why if not, there would be groups from Africa, Europe and Asia besides the Greeks, and all with the same clothes? And why so,e of them are surfers?

People really think that "tourists" will be on Altis amid all the war that is going on? :rolleyes:

As far as I know about the story, the war breaks as a surprise.

Many types of clothes are right. If you are working you wear the appropriate clothing. If you head down to the beach you don´t walk down there in you suit.

If it´s in the evening you wear maybe a thicker sweater and jeans.

If it´s cold you wear the appropriate clothing. If it´s breaking heat records you won´t see people causally walking around in jeans and a thick sweater. Nobody is immune to heat.